User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    I've seen a number of people argue that all these self-typed Ns must really be sensors in denial, because just look at the population statistics: 75 percent of the population prefers Sensing.
    I've thought that also, some people here could be claiming they were N's, and working to appear more N, to fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    I think it's very silly though, to declare that a group of people are "more interesting" just because they happen to share your particular interests. What is interesting and what is not is completely subjective. People who don't share my interests aren't "less interesting"; they are just interested in different stuff.
    I do too, but actually, sixes are known to do it, according to a book I have.... It explains that they get a sense of being better than others through their affiliations and social identifications. ("Nobody's better than the Tarheels!" or "Christians are better than athiests" or "NT's are better than SP's") I definitely USED to do it, but I think I've grown out of it to a certain degree. People are people, and I've found that underlying link that binds us all together.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8/SX

Saturned,

As a perceiver, I cannot commit to this data via text, charts, graphs, nor reply you with a compilation of time-well-wastedness with an observation that I have received no funding to further my study. If you were so kind to provide me with the R&D capital, I can swiftly arrange for the most conclusive study milestoned by the motivation to reply to your post (or pay an INTP to do it).

However, I can provide you with a --general-- observation from myself (as it is my thread) that the higher proportion of people TEND to tip the scales towards a certain consonant. The internet community tends to lean towards various interest groups. The idea here is the physical proportion between types. Although there are "absolutes" in place (MBTI testing and its results), there can be ambiguities which I am well aware of. The motive for this thread was a mere self-promotion in a humourous nature... yes I use u's in those words because I am Canadian.

Judging by my post count and lack of repertoire, no, it is not likely I have pursued the "Essfolk" of TC in combining an aggregate. That is also creepy, but I will note your strategy for potential implementation for some time in the near future.

All pretense and jokes aside, you really sound like me at work when my coworkers seem vague.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8/SX

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    You said it. Not anyone else.
    I get the drift of this forum, thanks for putting it into perspective.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by NickNaylor View Post
    Saturned,

As a perceiver, I cannot commit to this data via text, charts, graphs, nor reply you with a compilation of time-well-wastedness with an observation that I have received no funding to further my study. If you were so kind to provide me with the R&D capital, I can swiftly arrange for the most conclusive study milestoned by the motivation to reply to your post (or pay an INTP to do it).

However, I can provide you with a --general-- observation from myself (as it is my thread) that the higher proportion of people TEND to tip the scales towards a certain consonant. The internet community tends to lean towards various interest groups. The idea here is the physical proportion between types. Although there are "absolutes" in place (MBTI testing and its results), there can be ambiguities which I am well aware of. The motive for this thread was a mere self-promotion in a humourous nature... yes I use u's in those words because I am Canadian.

Judging by my post count and lack of repertoire, no, it is not likely I have pursued the "Essfolk" of TC in combining an aggregate. That is also creepy, but I will note your strategy for potential implementation for some time in the near future.

All pretense and jokes aside, you really sound like me at work when my coworkers seem vague.
    ENTPs gotta stick together, ya know?

I can set aside about 200k from my pin money if that can help. I highly recommend hiring an INTP to help with interpreting the data. They have great focus.

I will expect pie charts in 4-d though, A line graph from here to the heavens, and a complimentary piña colada to refresh my parched throat while I look over your findings.

You have two weeks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

Saturned,
    I can swiftly arrange for the most conclusive study milestoned by the motivation to reply to your post (or pay an INTP to do it).

@ICUP, I've read your post and found it confusing and not exactly relating my question. If Mary Jane was being tactful, what is her motivation for doing so? Unless she told you, you'd have no idea of what her motivation was and what type she is. And even if she told you her type, there's no way you'd be able to accurately figure out her motivation.

There's no correlation between MBTI and motive. Behaviour might display some correlation but for certain, this isn't a one-to-one comparative.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Hi, long time listener, first time caller here.

Can you extrapolate further on the data you have gathered in regards to this phenomenon? Are you speaking of "Essfolk" that you encounter in your real, physical life? Or are you speaking of Essfolk that roam this website here? Also, do you test your subjects yourself? Or do they take tests and then hand over the results for you? Do you have a test group of non-tested individuals as a control group from which to extrapolate data from? Do you have the data in regards to how many Ennfolk do pursue this topic? How do you define "genuine" and "naturally-occuring and "education"? What does "in general" mean? Also, what does "interesting" mean? And what is your data in regards to what is interesting to an N versus an S suggest?

Thanks for your time. I eagerly await an influx of relevant pie charts, line graphs, and the ever popular mean distribution graph.
    We have trained you (and other folks) so nicely!! I remember back in the day when there was little resistance against the S bias. Now, thanks to years of S influence and correction, we are turning out some nice intuitive crusaders for our cause.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

The amount of energy I have to expend to divert the 'S' type folks' attention towards the MBTI has left me exhausted. I don't know of many who have further pursued it with any naturally-occuring, genuine interest in educating themselves about personality types. Whether it be for self-help or something to read on the shitter (pending you are using a mobile source for your viewing pleasure, although the motivation for that is questionable), I find that N types seem to generally question themselves and the "genetic makeup" of the human's cognitive existence in general.

Although I am quite aware that most of you have read this and said to yourself: "that's a rather simple conclusion, what a stupid ENTP", I put this in perspective for you:

Perhaps the only valuable argument to counter this is that we're simply more... interesting? (Don't tell me there are two threads that happen to be on fire in both sections thanks).
    Not to be too nitpicky, and I mean this to come off in the most lighthearted way possible. This first part sounds a bit intense. Ever consider that some people just don't have the same interest as you? It sounds a bit religious to me. A "Jehovah's witness" of typology spreading dogma amongst all the "S folk" and judging them for not reading up on/ discussing/ and spreading the "true word." Like, "Boy, I am just exhausted trying to get these excuses for people on the same page as me!!!" MBTI isn't exactly a worthy cause. You don't like people walking up to you and trying to get you to take a passionate interest in botany- or astrology- or any other boring topic. Nobody does.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    hehe, it might be the "6" thing more than type..... I think the 6 means "less trust in people", and that's one reason I was drawn to explaining their behaviors.
    I think there is some truth to the N/S thing, but I am also finding that enneagram means alot. As a 6, I found early-on that I felt comfie around intelligent people..... and I trusted them more (even if they didn't much want me around ). I've been told I'm about 50% nerd haha.... I need some intellectual in my life, and I seem to identify with some intellectual and some less-intellectual activities. I've had estp friends who weren't intellectual at all, and some esfj friends who seeked intellectuals, but I mostly valued my naturally more-intellectual friends, especially the ones who were incredibly trustworthy. I actually need some of both.... so that is why I think I ended up in the "least intelligent of the intelligent people" category.

i've actually been thinking about 6 lately and the way it causes me to be more like a J and/or an S than some crazy freewheeling ENFPs sometimes. i like my theories to have tangible support and application, i like my calendars to have solid plans, i like to know all the details and i like to do things the way they've been done in the past when it comes to tradition and ceremony.

so, yeah. definitely with you here in terms of enneagram makes a big difference in motivations.

-

i also think it's curious that there seems to be some type of bias in that pursuing the mbti further, or even personality psych, is better. whereas a little practical part of me is saying, geez, why does anyone want to admit to being such a nerd and spending all day talking about this stuff instead of doing something more productive and/or creative?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    MBTI doesn't really address behaviours or motivations. But it does attempt to identify and categorise processes.

As far as type most likely to pursue et al., less type, more individual who's looking for answers to self and others. Ha ha..MBTI and JCF might be part of the process since they attempt to identify processes, where the answers are in the infinity and beyond!

finally... it occurs to me that on perc, there is an enneagram 6 forum that i often check but rarely post in. i've tried starting a few threads but it's really generally just rather slow and/or not interesting to me for whatever reason. but i don't think that really actually says anything about 6s and their interest in the enneagram.

MBTI
    INTP

The amount of energy I have to expend to divert the 'S' type folks' attention towards the MBTI has left me exhausted. I don't know of many who have further pursued it with any naturally-occuring, genuine interest in educating themselves about personality types. Whether it be for self-help or something to read on the shitter (pending you are using a mobile source for your viewing pleasure, although the motivation for that is questionable), I find that N types seem to generally question themselves and the "genetic makeup" of the human's cognitive existence in general.

Although I am quite aware that most of you have read this and said to yourself: "that's a rather simple conclusion, what a stupid ENTP", I put this in perspective for you:

Perhaps the only valuable argument to counter this is that we're simply more... interesting? (Don't tell me there are two threads that happen to be on fire in both sections thanks).
    Is knowledge ahead or is it in the past?
    It is in the past.
    Is further knowledge ahead then?