MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Thanks for pointing us to a post made by a smart young lady:
    Thank you for noticing/quoting this, I assert similar stuff all the time and a lot of times it falls on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    The fact that the numbers in each forum are always so vastly different says something............about something. It certainly does not say that one type is *more interesting* than another. But, if you consistently have 100 N's and 20 S's browsing (not just one time, but it's almost always like this), those are statistically significant numbers. That's a big difference - 5 times as many N's as S's - and what makes it even more significant is that there are many more S's walking around than there are N's. All else equal, the numbers should be reversed.

So, I can't speculate on what those numbers mean or what exactly they suggest about S's or N's, but it means something - even if it's something stupid like "N's browse the internet more" or whatever.
    Yes, you're right. It could also say something like "80 percent of people who research on the internet think that they are an N". (I'm not saying this is true, but it could be true)

I'm personally fascinated, even obsessive over learning about human brains and human thoughts and behavior in general, and find that most people (in general) S's, N's- whatever do not share the same passion. They are interested in hearing what I have to say, but that's the extent of it. Some people I talk to do enjoy the topic, but enjoy one aspect or theory over another. Most just don't care, it just doesn't interest some people, doesn't make them "s" or "less interesting." No conclusions here.

(Well I could be saying- the people who I do find are fascinated with it happen to be N's- when I actually had assumed that some of them were S's... When in reality it doesn't really matter, and I don't really know.)

I don't think that most of us, myself included, really understand the difference between the two, but we like to throw around grand conclusions like candy- (myself included again.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i have a pet theory that the people most likely to pursue the MBTI are those whose types explain something about themselves and/or the world that they have not been exposed to before. for example, it seems many INFxs are pleased to find forums where they find many other people "like themselves", and the forum offers an introvert low-key interaction opportunities. for me, ENFP explains why i never quite agreed with my INFP test results in school.

as for S and N, the theory would predict less S interest in the MBTI because it is a completely artificial theoretical construct. but that says nothing about how interested Ss are in psychology, personality, people, etc., and the mention of them being less interesting is astoundingly ridiculous.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i have a pet theory that the people most likely to pursue the MBTI are those whose types explain something about themselves and/or the world that they have not been exposed to before. for example, it seems many INFxs are pleased to find forums where they find many other people "like themselves", and the forum offers an introvert low-key interaction opportunities. for me, ENFP explains why i never quite agreed with my INFP test results in school.
    this + the really dangerous people are those who dont stop with mbti after they have found a starter to interact with the real world. You can keep on trieing to categorize everyone into your 16 type model and never recognize that by assuming you know more than the rest of humanity, you are putting yourself in a position of superiority that does automatically isolate you more and more from the averages people daily problems that at one point, you being left alone with nobody to understand you is perfectly justifiable.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    But, if you consistently have 100 N's and 20 S's browsing (not just one time, but it's almost always like this), those are statistically significant numbers.

Right now, I see this:

MBTI forum - 106 viewing.

How many of the 106 viewers are N or S?

NT forum - 58 viewing.

How many of the 58 viewers are N or S?

NF forum - 90 viewing.

How many of the 90 viewers are N or S?

And no, using one of these is not permitted:

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Right now, I see this:

MBTI forum - 106 viewing.

How many of the 106 viewers are N or S?

NT forum - 58 viewing.

How many of the 58 viewers are N or S?

NF forum - 90 viewing.

How many of the 90 viewers are N or S?

And no, using one of these is not permitted:

Then an experiment is in order!

If you did a rundown of how many people are in a particular forum, and then checked the user profiles to see what their type is then you could get somewhere perhaps. The data would have to be gathered over a period of several weeks.

I nominate not myself for this because I have a history* of not being accurate in experiments.

*I suggest that having my data be 90% accurate in my organic chem labs was sufficient since it was far greater than half, and if it had been an exam I would have received an A. Nonetheless the chemistry department sought 99.5% accuracy and up. I did, however, get a B+ for my organic chemistry lab! But that was due to the fact that the TA made a bargain with me wherein my side of the bargain was to be upheld by never taking another organic chemistry class again. Done and done.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

as for S and N, the theory would predict less S interest in the MBTI because it is a completely artificial theoretical construct.
    I use mbti/enneagram books as practical guides to human behaviors, much as I use my "Upgrading and Repairing PC's" book as a practical guide to doing so. I constantly seek real-world examples as evidence that the knowledge within the books is true (same with anything I study, whether it is deemed to be theory or not).
    It's a system to be understood and explored, and proven right or wrong. I think the models do a good job of explaining human behaviors and motivations. I seek to understand human behaviors, and if the information seems to be true, it's better than being totally-in-the-dark lol...... I honestly think I like mbti/enneagrams because people's behaviors and choices have never made any sense to me, until now.
    I also think, as a 6w5, I need to rely on resources for help, and it's a dayum good resource/ belief system, since I'm not religious. Practical guides ftw.....
    As far as theory goes, if it seems mostly true in my world, it's ok by me. I don't have to believe it works for everyone, or that it is true for everyone.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP
    I use mbti/enneagram books as practical guides to human behaviors, much as I use my "Upgrading and Repairing PC's" book as a practical guide to doing so. I constantly seek real-world examples as evidence that the knowledge within the books is true.
    It's a system to be understood and explored, and proven right or wrong. I think the models do a good job of explaining human behaviors and motivations. I seek to understand human behaviors, and if the information seems to be true, it's better than being totally-in-the-dark lol......
    i feel the exact same way about it, actually, lol.

i'm not convinced about a lot of N/S stuff. i usually don't like the impractical and lord knows i hate abstract paintings (read somewhere once that Ns are supposed to like abstract art... gross...)... and Ss often seem to cross over into the abstract. my ESFJ mom certainly does.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

ENTPs if bored enough..........

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

i feel the exact same way about it, actually, lol.

i'm not convinced about a lot of N/S stuff. i usually don't like the impractical and lord knows i hate abstract paintings (read somewhere once that Ns are supposed to like abstract art... gross...)... and Ss often seem to cross over into the abstract. my ESFJ mom certainly does.
    hehe, it might be the "6" thing more than type..... I think the 6 means "less trust in people", and that's one reason I was drawn to explaining their behaviors.
    I think there is some truth to the N/S thing, but I am also finding that enneagram means alot. As a 6, I found early-on that I felt comfie around intelligent people..... and I trusted them more (even if they didn't much want me around ). I've been told I'm about 50% nerd haha.... I need some intellectual in my life, and I seem to identify with some intellectual and some less-intellectual activities. I've had estp friends who weren't intellectual at all, and some esfj friends who seeked intellectuals, but I mostly valued my naturally more-intellectual friends, especially the ones who were incredibly trustworthy. I actually need some of both.... so that is why I think I ended up in the "least intelligent of the intelligent people" category.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI doesn't really address behaviours or motivations. But it does attempt to identify and categorise processes.

As far as type most likely to pursue et al., less type, more individual who's looking for answers to self and others. Ha ha..MBTI and JCF might be part of the process since they attempt to identify processes, where the answers are in the infinity and beyond!