User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I will remember odd little things that somehow have personal significance to me. Otherwise I'm prone to forget.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8/SX

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with type.
    Seconded.

Your MBTI type would indicate your "style" and the amount of personal inclination towards remembering things clearly, not the actual clarity which your brain presumably offers. This would be a cognitive function which is not due to your personality whatsoever. Its like saying you have superior vision and hearing because of Si/Se.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    I'd think more a ISTP than INTP thing.
    Really? All the ISTPs I know have the worst memories I've ever encountered out of all the types.

>Sometimes I startle and look for my glasses before I realize I'm actually wearing them ...

Actually, I've done this more than a few times. Also, with little things like locking doors or finding my phone (and later realizing it's been in my hand the whole time).

>I seem to be able to remember certain childhood events that other family members don't.

More like this ^ - I remember many things that people tend to ignore/looked past, and like I said in my earlier post (for those that remembered, lol), I tend to forget things that should be important.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i have really good episodic memory. but really crappy name memory and im ultra bad at describing what someone looks like. i remember people based on what they are like, not what they are called or what they look like
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

My memory is... Odd to say the least.

I remember phone numbers, verses, and other random things from way back when I was little even. But there are also so many things I can't just seem to remember.

I remember sitting at my uncles birthday when I was 14 or 15 or so and they were talking about psalms, and I said "Hey, I still know the first psalm I learned in school. Which was like 8 years earlier. And they told me to recite it and I flawlessly recited a psalm I once learned in school and had never paid any further attention to ever again since then.

But other things I've learned are just gone completely it seems.

My photographic memory appears to be extremely good sometimes, or useless at other times. I never really figured out how to use it. It appears to work quite randomly.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by NickNaylor View Post
    Seconded.

Your MBTI type would indicate your "style" and the amount of personal inclination towards remembering things clearly, not the actual clarity which your brain presumably offers. This would be a cognitive function which is not due to your personality whatsoever. Its like saying you have superior vision and hearing because of Si/Se.
    Exactly. Tertiary Si is about preference, not ability. Otherwise no one with glasses could be Se-dom.

MBTI
    INTP

Scenario I: Around the fourth or fifth grade of elementary school, we watched an educational movie regarding HIV and AIDS. There was a scene when the adult teaching the children about HIV/AIDS asked the children "What did you guys want to drink? Is root beer OK?" and then proceed to go and get root beer without waiting for a reply. I thought that question was extremely redundant and that the adult was an asshole for his presumptuousness. If he didn't care what they wanted to drink, he should have just gotten them without asking. The question itself was a reflection of what I perceived to be the adult's callousness and arrogance, even if he himself was not even aware of the event which had just transpired.

During the sixth grade of elementary school, we once again watched the same movie, and prior to the scene I had just stated above, I described (in a more childish fashion, of course) essentially what I just outlined above to some of my classmates. They were shocked that I would remember such a strange scene, and so was I, more or less.

And now, I am recounting on the internet about an event where I was recounting another event which had been permanently stuck in my mind.

Sometimes I really want to forget this memory, because it is completely useless except for invoking the feeling of nostalgia, I suppose.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Scorquendo View Post
    My friends are so astonished at the level of retention I have in regard to memory. I know we are Si, but it's tertiary, so I didn't think it'd be that good. Like I am thinking near photographic memory.

IE. It can go from remembering what I was doing on specific days, birthdays of people I've spoken to only once/never met, or what someone was eating the last time we spoke (and I'm talking months/years apart), to past conversations and specific words that were spoken within that time or even where certain objects were placed.

At one point, I usually keep quiet because I am sometimes embarrassed to admit I actually remember these little things.

IE. I remember meeting a classmate whom I hadn't seen in years and actually remembering pretty much their life story from a presentation they did 6+ years ago as well as a few conversations we had. I didn't say anything since I didn't want to be creepy, but out of curiosity, I asked the some of the same questions [that I already had a hunch for the answer to] and sure enough, it was exactly how I had remembered.

The funny thing is on important things such as, tests or recalling directions, I tend to "forget" answers that I should have "retained," lol.

Is this an xNTP thing?
    My boyfriend is very much like this.

I don't find it creepy at all. In fact, I find it rather endearing. Remembering all these little things means that they were paying attention to me and actually listening. My guy took me to a restaurant a couple of days ago because I had mentioned, in passing, that I liked their food a week or two back. I love it when people remember the little things.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I know people of many different types with freakishly good memories. (I'm thinking of an INFJ, an ENTP, an ESFP, and an ESFJ.)

These sorts of skills fall outside the descriptive framework of MBTI, IMO.

MBTI
    INTP

I have an annoying memory. I seem to forget things that would be very useful and retain random things.

Can't forget:

people's food preferences/allergies, such as jam, etc
    friend's checkbook balance I randomly saw, when she went to check I told her, awkward moment
    bloodlines of horses long gone
    faces
    photos/art seen once

Can't remember:

appointments
    important dates
    how to divide sums
    telephone numbers
    book authors
    more stuff but I can't think of it now
    "It's never enough." The Cure