• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How Can I Win the Love of an INTP Guy?

I Never Find Peace

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
4w5
INTP guys, how best to create that romantic spark in your heart? Bonus points if you can tell me how a girl who you never would have thought of as your type made you feel that way.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can't create it, you can't fake it, but you might have to be the one to ask him out. INTPs can be oblivious.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP guys, how best to create that romantic spark in your heart? Bonus points if you can tell me how a girl who you never would have thought of as your type made you feel that way.

Creating romantic spark =/= winning my heart. 2 different things. Romantic spark is loads of fun and certainly gets the wheels rolling in the right direction, but the INTP is going to make his final decision with Ti. Does it work for all parties involved? Do I make her better, does she make me better? Do we enhance each other's lives or are there a lot of disagreements and problems? Would it be really great to have this person in my life for the next 40, 50, 80 years or would I be happier on my own?

There is no formula for all of those questions. It either is...or it isn't. And if you are not yourself, then "it isn't" - because the answers to these questions should be based on your true self and him seeing a true representation of who you are. Just like MacGuffin said, you truly cannot fake it or create it artificially. It is, or it is not.

rav3n

Feed and water them, leave them alone to grow on their own, grooming is optional.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can't create it, you can't fake it, but you might have to be the one to ask him out. INTPs can be oblivious.

That is a very sound piece of advice. Sometimes I'm surprised at myself how talkative I can get when somebody approaches me, but it's all about making the first move. It's something I wish more girls would have done since I've had a very hard time usually making the first move, but it's still kinda the social convention that it's supposed to be the guy's job.

Also, with INTPs there's loads under the surface most people don't see unless directly interacting with them, and sometimes we come across as aloof, or even downright arrogant. We guys are not exactly known for being overly expressive and like MacGuffin said, we can be oblivious, and in a lot of ways. At least in my case, this aloofness can also be a protection mechanism - I don't approach other people because I don't want to be rejected, which sometimes comes across as "I don't talk to you because I don't like you", sadly enough. If you approach him instead, you take make it a lot more relaxing for him.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Feed and water them, leave them alone to grow on their own, grooming is optional.

Hahaha. You seem to have some experience with these mythical INTP creatures. Do you?

rav3n

Hahaha. You seem to have some experience with these mythical INTP creatures. Do you?
My last three relationships were with INTPs so you might say I do have some cursory exposure. :smile:

And cursory they were since to get to know an INTP, takes a lifetime. :tongue:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My last three relationships were with INTPs so you might say I do have some cursory exposure. :smile:

And cursory they were since to get to know an INTP, takes a lifetime. :tongue:

Likes and dislikes?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can't create it, but let me give you some tips from the ''How to keep an INTP man happy'' that would help.
5.) Emotional. Be nice and do not screw with their heads. They can be sensitive. If you want something, ask for it. If you do not get all emotional and are willing to take no for an answer, they will usually try to accommodate any reasonable request. *hint* Socializing with large (or sometimes even small) groups of people for extended periods of time is not a reasonable request. This is normal behavior, not something you need to fix. It is not personal. If you like to socialize a lot, you have two choices: be willing to leave him at home with some cold pizza and his computer or find a different guy.

These guys *need* to feel smart and competent. If you attack them in this area, if you try to make them feel stupid or incompetent, you lose some serious points.

Accept early on that he loves you but can't, repeat CAN'T read your mind. If you are always expecting him to do things that he didn't know he was supposed to do and if you keep getting mad at him for not doing things that he didn't know he was supposed to do (or not do) he will become bewildered and frustrated and will give up trying to please you. He will either come to only tolerate you or he will escape. Be please-able. When he does something nice, say thank you, even if it's not what you wanted or its a little weird. Having him want to do nice things for you is the important thing. You can work on the details later.

At some point, your rational INTP is going to show some emotion, maybe even "open up" to you. You are at a major points situation here. You can win a lot of points or you can lose even more. Revere this as the honor it is. The emotions are probably going to be undeveloped and may seem odd. Accept them, respect them, validate them. If you do, you will build his trust for you.
The guide is real, but most of the advices are for people that are already in a relationship with an INTP. It sometimes treates INTPs more like pets than humans but the advices are still quite useful, just take them with a grain of salt!
Source: http://homepage.mac.com/bahlberg/iblog/B1386252977/C707866389/E1956473041/index.html

rav3n

Likes and dislikes?
Just a few quick and dirty thoughts.

Some upsides:
Fun knowledge seekers who understand space and independence. They also don't require a lot of validation and aren't overly-sensitive. Are logical.

Some downsides:
Get needy and possessive if they believe you're withdrawing and yet withdrawal is their standard MO. They also expect openness from you but take forever to open themselves up.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You can't create it, but let me give you some tips from the ''How to keep an INTP man happy'' that would help.

The guide is real, but most of the advices are for people that are already in a relationship with an INTP. It sometimes treates INTPs more like pets than humans but the advices are still quite useful, just take them with a grain of salt!
Source: http://homepage.mac.com/bahlberg/iblog/B1386252977/C707866389/E1956473041/index.html

Haha. That is hilarous!!! We are very complex, but yet at the same time so very simple. Just say what you need/want and that's it. Leave us alone with our cold pizza and that's it. How much simpler can it get? Haha.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Just a few quick and dirty few thoughts.

Some upsides:
Fun knowledge seekers who understand space and independence. They also don't require a lot of validation and aren't overly-sensitive. Are logical.

Some downsides:
Get needy and possessive if they believe you're withdrawing and yet withdrawal is their standard MO. They also expect openness from you but take forever to open themselves up.

Cool. Wanna get married? You ENTJ's like decisiveness, right? Let's just do it and we'll work out the details later (i.e., getting to know each other, etc.). My schedule is pretty open in September - that work for you? :D

rav3n

Cool. Wanna get married? You ENTJ's like decisiveness, right? Let's just do it and we'll work out the details later (i.e., getting to know each other, etc.). My schedule is pretty open in September - that work for you? :D
:laugh: Whoah, you've seriously embraced your inner Je if you're prescheduling for September!

rav3n

I feel rejected. I'm going to withdraw now. Remember the turtle picture? Yeah.
There was no rejection, just teasing about how using prescheduling and INTP in one sentence, is an oxymoron!

Forgiven? :(

*crickets chirping*

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
There was no rejection, just teasing about how using prescheduling and INTP in one sentence, is an oxymoron!

Forgiven? :(

*crickets chirping*

Oh, cool. The wedding is back on then. First Saturday in September. All forum members invited. And this is how the INTP is won.

rav3n

Oh, cool. The wedding is back on then. First Saturday in September. All forum members invited. And this is how the INTP is won.
Wouldn't you prefer a smaller wedding, something very low key just a couple of witnesses?

(Helpful?)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Wouldn't you prefer a smaller wedding, something very low key just a couple of witnesses?

(Helpful?)

Oh man, now I'm confused by all the different options. Ne is throwing all these options at me: huge celebratory wedding, small intimate wedding, Europe, U.S., overlooking the ocean, on an old battlefield, etc. Decisions, decisions. I'm feeling overwhelmed. Might have to retreat back into Ti and analyze this a little further. You only get hitched once. Gotta make sure I get this right. *beginning to waver*

rav3n

Oh man, now I'm confused by all the different options. Ne is throwing all these options at me: huge celebratory wedding, small intimate wedding, Europe, U.S., overlooking the ocean, on an old battlefield, etc. Decisions, decisions. I'm feeling overwhelmed. Might have to retreat back into Ti and analyze this a little further. You only get hitched once. Gotta make sure I get this right. *beginning to waver*
Oh fine!

*stomps foot and huffs away*