• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How Can I Win the Love of an INTP Guy?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha. That is hilarous!!! We are very complex, but yet at the same time so very simple. Just say what you need/want and that's it. Leave us alone with our cold pizza and that's it. How much simpler can it get? Haha.
Yeah, pretty much. :D

rav3n

That's so emo of you. I thought you were an NT.
What does this have to do with the price of rice in China? We were talking about weddings and then, you went all inconsistent on me.

*withdraws*

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What does this have to do with the price of rice in China? We were talking about weddings and then, you went all inconsistent on me.

*withdraws*

OK, look, I'm sorry. I love you. Please come back. I need you. :D

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Push-pull. INTP-ENTJ relationship! Nicely played, including all the awkward elements! :laugh:

Yeah, you too. Nicely played. Guess I'll see you in September. Shoot me an e-mail or two between now and then so we can talk about where we're going to live and stuff like that. See ya! :rofl1:

Haha. NT-NT pairings - gotta love the simplicity.

V

violaine

In my limited experience:

You can't create it, you can't fake it, but you might have to be the one to ask him out. INTPs can be oblivious.

Agreed.

Feed and water them, leave them alone to grow on their own, grooming is optional.

Agreed.

Assuming there is mutual physical attraction, I suspect the most catalytic thing you can do for INTP guys is to genuinely accept them. Which grows out of liking them as a person. INTP BF remarks upon it fairly regularly. I really liked him as a person first so it was only natural that I'm really accepting, that's what I want out of a relationship as well. (Er, not that it's a big stretch to accept my INTP). I haven't analyzed it closely before but now that I'm thinking about it, I think he would just keep parts of himself hidden if he thought he was going to catch a lot of grief over it. Or he might go through the motions of the relationship but I don't think he would have really let me in.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It sometimes treates INTPs more like pets than humans but the advices are still quite useful, just take them with a grain of salt!

I like the idea of treating a INTP like a pet. Most pet owners I have seen treat their pets better than most people treat their significant others.

Don't expect the INTP to be overly direct. They will unlikely be the one who "dumps you"/"the dumpee". However if you annoy them too much or push their buttons expect them to either emotionally abandon you (completely or with long inconsistencies) or do things all of a sudden which piss you off and make you dump them (as if strategically plotted ;-) ).

If you have goals of what you want in the relationship (marriage/baby/living together) take baby steps and hand feed the INTP. Don't demand on an ultimatum and expect them to march hut two towards it. Give them space and avoid arguments over the telephone or even sending angry text messages (long well written emails OK if not too biased/one-sided) The 5w4s often need that space to poeticise your presence.

Treat them reasonable and allow them to maintain their dignity (especially saving face) and they will generally be loyal and (although mostly silently) appreciative.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Unify physics and you re set for life :coffee:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP guys, how best to create that romantic spark in your heart? Bonus points if you can tell me how a girl who you never would have thought of as your type made you feel that way.

The way this is written just make me feel all aww.:wubbie:

Oh sorry, i don't have any tips, maybe just talk to him.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Just declare you're in a relationship already and behave as though that's the case. It will take him at least 6 months to figure out if he wants to keep it going or no, which gives you plenty of time to work your magic.