User Tag List

First 12

A window to the soul

I ignore friends too, in spurts. I draw people in close and move on to something or someone else. I like to reach out every now and then. Send a poke and run. Even still, my luv is real. : )

MBTI
    FREE

Not something that I tend to do. Sure, on occasion, when I'm particularly busy or antisocial I will isolate myself and decline invitations, but for the most part I always have time for those who are close to me. Acquaintances, on the other hand, I shun frequently and with gusto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I ignore a lot of people lately, it is refreshing.

Things go in cycles, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

NPcomplete

I have a small group of close friends (4 maximum) and we talk to each other whenever we feel like, knowing that us not talking to each regularly doesn't mean we lurv each other less. We all have similar habits though so I think that's why we don't feel each others' absences so much.

I tend to "avoid" certain acquaintances sometimes when I'm busy. I used to worry that they would find me rude but I resolved that by telling them that I sometimes forget most people's existence for a while when I'm busy but that I'll come back eventually. Also they contact me when they think that it's been too long.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    Some people just don't understand. My ENFP friend doesn't back off no matter how many times I tell him to leave me alone and that I need time to think. He'll say "I know you said you're upset, and that you don't want to talk, but..." Just. No. Leave me alone, I will come to you.
    .. It's hard for us. I know that for most of my human communication.. if *I* don't maintain the connection, I will lose it. People just don't put forth the effort I put into them. Usually.. when I truly do leave someone alone and wait for them to come to me.. I never hear from them again. When people say "I will come to you".. I just can't believe them. It just doesn't happen.. it's something people usually say, but never do. I feel like I've done something wrong, so I need to fix it.. correct it. But the reality is, there isn't much I can do. So I just sit there, punished by my friend and told to never communicate with someone I love communicating with.. and there's nothing I can do. It's an awful feeling.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I do the same thing if it's someone I'm around on a constant basis, yet not with any sort of mean-spirited intentions in doing so. Basically, once I unravel the layers of mystery surrounding a person, the novelty that sparked my initial interest fades rapidly and I start to realize how predictable they are. At this point I generally distance myself from them, sometimes temporarily and sometimes permanently.

I had someone who said to me, " ya know, I would rather talk with them on the phone for 45 minutes every few weeks."

We have lots of different friends at lots of different times.

Normal people are always looking for 'something' in friends, humor them yet keep time

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

I suppose I "ignore" my friends as well. However, they do not become offended by this or pressure me to be involved. I am lucky to have friends who understand how I operate.

MBTI
    I???
    Enneagram
    huh sp/so

I don't know if I'd say I ignore any of my friends, but sometimes I'll politely decline an invitation from someone I've spent a lot of time with. Sometimes I feel like spending too much time with one person makes me feel... detached from them, somehow.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is one of the most difficult issue which I have to deal with in my daily life.

I need to withdraw from people when I have to deal with my own crisis. And I need space. The problem is most of my friends think that it's related to them. And people tend to take it very personally whenever I tried to avoid phone calls, text messages, or emails. Though I think I should've at least give them a hint about this, most of the time I don't do that. And things become complicated after a while.

However, since I also do this as an avoidance of emotional conflicts, perhaps that's why people around me get frustrated with receiving mixed signals from me.

It's quite complicated anyhow.