First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lindaxo View Post
    You can spot them by the ones who instead of smiling or saying hi when they walk by: they push, kick, or hit you instead. They also have a habit of using notebooks, briefcases, pencils, and pinatas as well. They tend to lure you into a vulnerable position, or just attack when you're in such position. Such as: taking a picture, picking up something off the ground, being in deep thought, walking by, or even the dreaded "standing there."
    Hold up. This is socionics you're talking about, not MBTT.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I imagine ISTP's as being a type to not know where the line is. I'm guessing they think they're joking. Whatever they want to call it, its bullying. I'm 16 and I live in the mid-west & I'm a junior in high school. I have had many supervisors like this since the age of 4. They were usually boyfriends of family members or friends' step dads.

And thats sad that you applaud them. Because from what I've seen: they wont do this to someone their own age. That would be a fair fight. Can't see that ever happening.

Ezra: What does it matter?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Then you need to grow a backbone! If you don't like that whole "buddy-ole-pal" sort of greeting, then state so and stand your ground.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

The behavior you describe does not describe the behavior of ISTP that I know. Based on your posts, it seems you are dealing with rather unstable person.
    Last edited by alcea rosea; 04-06-2008 at 08:10 AM.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Well I guess. I wish they could just be a little nicer thats all.

MBTI
    INTP

All joking aside; kill the fuckers.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Ezra: What does it matter?
    Basically, I'm an SLE (ESTp) in socionics. That means SLIs aren't my Supervisors; they're my Extinguishment partners, which is a very different relationship.

How am I SLE in socionics? Because the functions are described differently by Augusta, the one who practically invented the system. She took Jung's functions as described in MBTT, and put her own unique spin on them, giving individuals the potential to be a socionics type different to their MBTT type, even vastly so. For example, the ESFP in MBTT doesn't like to command individuals; they feel uncomfortable in this position. However, if you look at the SEE (ESFp), you'll find that this is strictly untrue. Someone with a Se base (like me) loves command positions; finds them totally natural. So how can one be an ESFP and an SEE? You can only be so if you find command positions both natural and unnatural, which is contradictory. Napoleon was an SEE, but he sure as shit wasn't an ESFP.

Check the tables out here, about half way down the page, concerning socionics and MBTT correlations. They're actually very interesting. There are few at the16types.info forums who will claim that socionics types and MBTT types are exactly the same. Here I will go as far to say that socionically, they have no idea what they're talking about, no matter how much they proclaim to have read Jung or the various type descriptions that so many have written about. Many share this view with me. One thing. If you do become interested in the correlations, be careful about doing what I did and going on about it so much. (1) Very few who have any sense even care and (2) the correlations themselves are entirely fruitless. I've only just begun to realise this. They're more of an intellectual 'fun' activity.

MBTI
    INTP

Yes well for some reason every ISTP that does that shit has at least 20 years on me, and is male. I would get my ass beat to the ground. I didn't expect anyone to understand, no one ever does, and nothing ever gets done about it. All I want to know is how I REALLY need to deal with this. They don't respond to politeness and the last thing I even want to do is get angry so I am nowhere. Why can't they just be civil?

Stop, no, and yelling 'what the hell' does not work. Only momentarily, but they're usually back for another round within a couple of hours to a day.
    Play it off as sexual harassment and get the bastard fired.

MBTI
    ENTJ

It gets on my nerves when people touch me like in the buddy ole pal way and i just try to ignore the person so maybe they'll stop talking to me. But noo! not istps, doesn't work. lol

And Ezra: that sounds very interesting. But that would mean they have completely different translating systems for the four letters though, but they all mean the same thing? Idk. But which one applys here than?

MBTI
    entj

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Basically, I'm an SLE (ESTp) in socionics. That means SLIs aren't my Supervisors; they're my Extinguishment partners, which is a very different relationship.

How am I SLE in socionics? Because the functions are described differently by Augusta, the one who practically invented the system. She took Jung's functions as described in MBTT, and put her own unique spin on them, giving individuals the potential to be a socionics type different to their MBTT type, even vastly so. For example, the ESFP in MBTT doesn't like to command individuals; they feel uncomfortable in this position. However, if you look at the SEE (ESFp), you'll find that this is strictly untrue. Someone with a Se base (like me) loves command positions; finds them totally natural. So how can one be an ESFP and an SEE? You can only be so if you find command positions both natural and unnatural, which is contradictory. Napoleon was an SEE, but he sure as shit wasn't an ESFP.

Check the tables out here, about half way down the page, concerning socionics and MBTT correlations. They're actually very interesting. There are few at the16types.info forums who will claim that socionics types and MBTT types are exactly the same. Here I will go as far to say that socionically, they have no idea what they're talking about, no matter how much they proclaim to have read Jung or the various type descriptions that so many have written about. Many share this view with me. One thing. If you do become interested in the correlations, be careful about doing what I did and going on about it so much. (1) Very few who have any sense even care and (2) the correlations themselves are entirely fruitless. I've only just begun to realise this. They're more of an intellectual 'fun' activity.
    Ummm, they are intellectually fun if they work....

Also, don't know if you've heard but ENTJs can seem like ESTP and vice versa.

Other examples,
    ENFJ can seem ENTJish.
    INTJ and ISTP can look like each other.

EDIT: Just checked out the charts. It's proof, but doesn't have statistical significance. Many people don't knows their type or have much indept understanding so it's subjective. Statistic like these are fallible to bias and manipulation. Perhaps there are other proofs? I wouldn't put too much stock on those charts. Also, there are many ways to look at a type anyways so the profiles aren't written in stone. Most descriptions are linear and not three dimensional. They offer a side into each type. I wouldn't say it's useless to correlate MBTI with socionics.

There are some things I like about socionics, and some things I don't. I would use it only to explore the jungian functions. It sounds preposterous that you consider yourself an ENTJ in MBTI and a ESTP in socionics. Looking at the functions, those types are very different though the description can seem similar.

SeTi is a whole different package than TeNi. SeTi is used to perceive information(perceiver) while TeNi is used to manipulate information(judger). I don't know what drug you were on but the ENTJ both in Socionics, MBTI, and ect. are referred as the stereotypical business type and are widely overrepresented as CEOs. The skills for such jobs require the use of dominant Te and secondary Ni. An ESTP perceiver have limits on what kinds of large business operations they can run using short sightedness Se which they indulge themselves in. Businesses have an advantage by looking into the future not the present.

There are some stuff that I find untrustworthy from the site you provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Article View Post
    For example, the type ENTJ in MBTT is described as a typical leader, an intellectual dictator, like Napoleon Bonaparte. In socionics, Napoleon Bonaparte is considered to be a different type representative, and ENTj (logical-intuitive extravert) also looks somewhat differently—rather a quick and practice-oriented intellectual than a “dictator”.
    ENTJs are not considered intellectual dictators. I wouldn't trust celebrity typology as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Article View Post
    What can we say? Such an approach leads to much greater misunderstanding. It does not only contradict to Jung – after all, Jung lived long ago, and there were many uncertainties in his typology and in his ides in general. But when we start comparing descriptions of the socionic types with the corresponding American descriptions, then we will find that ISFP (socionic) = ISFP (MBTT) and not ISFJ (MBTT), and the same rule is valid for the rest of sensory introverted types. The situation is more complicated with introverted intuitive types, but well, this rule is also invalid.
    Why do they keep using MBTT, it's MBTI...Anyway, what's wrong with comparing American descriptions with Russian descriptions? Sound more like they're worried about capitalism. Too bad, most insitutions and business entities use MBTI anyways. The site's understanding of MBTI is even more laughable when we get to "Basic differences between MBTI and Socionics" chart.

SOCIONICS: Personality Types and Relationships The chart is somewhere in the middle. It's pretty bias.