• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Giving to an INTP...

memz

MBTI Type
ISFP
My INTP and I were talking the other day about giving/receiving gifts and cards. He said that he has everything he wants so he doesn't really like giving/receiving gifts. I'm sort of the same way. I really don't need anything so I don't like receiving gifts just for the sake of someone feeling obligated to give me something. Of course I appreciate any gift I get though. I love when someone gets me something they knew I would love or enjoy. For example a book on a topic that really interests me or tickets to see a band I love. But I never expect things.

Other than Valentines Day there really hasn't been any reason for me to buy him anything. (We didn't buy each other anything.) But my question is when an occassion does roll around, what are some good ideas? I asked him during that conversation about concert tickets and he said that that was different. I love giving and I also like the idea of having some sort of shared experience. But I know if I don't start thinking about this stuff now, when the time does roll around I will be stuck.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I typically enjoy experiences far more than material things. Concert tickets are a great idea, or perhaps take him/her to someplace he/she wouldn't normally go, like a comedy club, or skydiving, or ziplining, or some sort of bizarre bungee/kangaroo combination. Maybe a tattoo if he/she's into that. I'm gettin' one of those in a few weeks instead of a new iPod.

memz

MBTI Type
ISFP
I typically enjoy experiences far more than material things. Concert tickets are a great idea, or perhaps take him/her to someplace he/she wouldn't normally go, like a comedy club, or skydiving, or ziplining, or some sort of bizarre bungee/kangaroo combination. Maybe a tattoo if he/she's into that. I'm gettin' one of those in a few weeks instead of a new iPod.

I love the whole new experience thing. It's kind of funny you mention tattoos. The last time we went out we stopped in a tattoo parlor to look around. He already has tattoos, but I don't. I have been thinking of getting one and he just happens to have a cousin who does them. So I'm really considering. I would never do one that is overly personal (his name or something), but I want to wait and do one when its something that would be special for us as an experience.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I love the whole new experience thing. It's kind of funny you mention tattoos. The last time we went out we stopped in a tattoo parlor to look around. He already has tattoos, but I don't. I have been thinking of getting one and he just happens to have a cousin who does them. So I'm really considering. I would never do one that is overly personal (his name or something), but I want to wait and do one when its something that would be special for us as an experience.

First rule of tattoos- no names. I haven't gotten one yet, so this one is quite exciting for me. It will be a circle. SYMBOLISM

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Take him to his favorite restaurant - the one he rarely goes to - so he can get his favorite dish.

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I am the most awkward person ever when people get me gifts because I know I'm supposed to thank them but I don't know how to thank them etc. It's frustrating.

I'd just take him out someplace he likes going on someplace new that you think he'd like. I like going places far more than just receiving things. The gift can be just paying for any costs and voila.