• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do ENTPs think about INFJs?

HiddenAutumn

MBTI Type
INFJ
I know INFJs and ENTPs are said to be compatible, and I wonder if part of the reason for that is because ENTPs want to understand the complexities of INFJs and they find their (the INFJs) convoluted minds interesting, rather than confusing and strange. I never feel like I can open up to people because they usually just tell me I'm weird when I do (which they aren't wrong about, but still it would be nice to be understood every once in a while). I know ENTPs love to figure out complex things (and people?) so it makes me wonder if an ENTP would understand me, since they might actually take the time to listen to my psychological analysis of myself and have the depth and intelligence to understand it.

P.S. When I say I'm complex I don't mean brilliant or genius; I'm just complicated. My mind is like a labyrinth. I don't even always make sense to myself, which is why I constantly psychoanalyze myself to try and figure things out.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I won't speak for ENTP's specifically. But, if we're painting with broad strokes, I'd say that xNTP's are generally going to appreciate and be very intrigued by INFJ complexity and personality. You guys are cool and interesting individuals.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Complexity of INFJs is my favourite part of those I know, they can talk and say a lot without actually giving much away, the focus tends to be on other people and their needs meaning the topic of conversation isn't often about what makes them tick. Many people can know and adore the INFJ in their life but I expect few are let into their inner world. Leads to a nice challenge.

Friendships with INFJs tend to be the most equal relationships I have, we both focus on what makes the other tick with genuine interest meaning the focus/attention must be shared and reciprocal.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
My longest relationship (4 years) was with an INFJ guy and I think that says a lot right there. :laugh: We were insanely compatible in a lot of ways, but we were both young and I really think that was our major downfall. I think if I were to date another INFJ man now in my life things might be very different.

Anyway, it was definitely the most challenging, but fulfilling relationship I've been in (not that I have a huge track record). I was attracted to his complex mind and that we were two very bizarre individuals that had somehow found sanctuary in each other's weirdness. He appreciated how crazy and detached I can be and I appreciated how thoughtful and kind he could be. I felt like he really understood me and it wasn't in some cheesy, chick-flick kind of way. I really loved him.

And that's not something I feel or say very easily with that much sincerity. :laugh:

It's a nice leverage point with which to analyse my future relationships (whether it's with another INFJ or not). It certainly wasn't perfect (and obviously it didn't work out in the end), but I would definitely not take it for granted if I got something like it again.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Complexity of INFJs is my favourite part of those I know, they can talk and say a lot without actually giving much away, the focus tends to be on other people and their needs meaning the topic of conversation isn't often about what makes them tick. Many people can know and adore the INFJ in their life but I expect few are let into their inner world. Leads to a nice challenge.

Friendships with INFJs tend to be the most equal relationships I have, we both focus on what makes the other tick with genuine interest meaning the focus/attention must be shared and reciprocal.

So you are saying that you can withstand our flaws as well?

spleen

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
Yeah, its weird (wierd? Never get that right) uhm, any Infj or intj, or intp, or, whatever, its pretty stellar. Infj's always seem like, Ive only known one, but, we felt comfortable talking about...careers to how we both hate lotion because its drippy and crap (then I went on and made him some wax lotion for him to use, he probably thought it was gross now that I think about it. It wasnt f-ing drippy though.) and, you know. We are still best buds. You guys are just awesome, except when you go to your caves, I know about your frickin cave. Whenever you get stressed you just hide, its horrible, then I have to get angry and stuff. Like, yall almost seem neurotic, but then you realize when yalls eyes start bulging like youre about to just...spontaneously combust
brain everywhere, that youre just Real Smart. And I should justattempt to shut up and Listen. And eat nachos.

Last edited:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So you are saying that you can withstand our flaws as well?

Frankly I think I do considerably better dealing with INFJ flaws then INFJs do with my ENTP ones :(

The area of grating seems to be my play first work later attitude to everything in life.

spleen

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
Gaw, I hate writing, Kasper, entp ghost, but your smiley is yellow does that mean you are the urine ghost. And it says 'Trinity'? Are you the holy urine ghost of god

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Gaw, I hate writing, Kasper, entp ghost, but your smiley is yellow does that mean you are the urine ghost. And it says 'Trinity'? Are you the holy urine ghost of god

YOU GOT IT! For years no one has understood my intricate subliminal message, people thought it was referring to a nickname or something, no one ever got close to the truth until now!

*sticks prize sticker on your forehead*

A

A window to the soul

Frankly I think I do considerably better dealing with INFJ flaws then INFJs do with my ENTP ones :(

Second that. My little sister is INFJ. She hears the clocks ticking in her head. I have no concept of time and that frustrates her to no end. I have to go in her direction to reconcile, but it's no big deal, it's worth it. I enjoy her company.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJs are stubbron thus no fun to agure with. Through their objective way of aguring is helpful!

spleen

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
YOU GOT IT! For years no one has understood my intricate subliminal message, people thought it was referring to a nickname or something, no one ever got close to the truth until now!

*sticks prize sticker on your forehead*

*throws sticker on ground*

Stickers are no use to me if I do not get to pick what Is On the sticker.

Everyday, I help people with their lives, understanding that they probably dont have a penis, or that they cant are not going to fly if they jump off, but nobody says the simple "thanks spleen", they just run off into the woods, and then Im here, standing, still underappreciated

Qre:us

*throws sticker on ground*

Stickers are no use to me if I do not get to pick what Is On the sticker.

Everyday, I help people with their lives, understanding that they probably dont have a penis, or that they cant are not going to fly if they jump off, but nobody says the simple "thanks spleen", they just run off into the woods, and then Im here, standing, still underappreciated

^ stop just standing around, make your hands useful. Self-appreciate. :solidarity: