User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Oh, and when you are at his place ALL DAY or ALL WEEKEND, try not to be all up in his grill the whole time. Be willing to go in the other room and watch a movie by yourself (yes, 2 whole hours by yourself), or go do some errands by yourself, or do whatever you gotta do. I love it when it's like this:

1. Go have a nice lunch together. Talk about how things are going with each other, eat some good food. Maybe grab some dessert afterwards or go do something fun.
    2. Come home - you do your thing, I do my thing for a few hours.
    3. Hey, wanna go have dinner together? Or cook something? Eat a good meal. Maybe watch a movie or go for a walk together or whatever.
    4. Some more alone time doing our own thing.

Rinse. Repeat. If you guys go somewhere like an amusement park with the kids or something, then yeah, you'll have to be together all day. No big deal. But, sometimes if its 24/7, it starts to feel like I'm babysitting. Just sayin. It doesn't mean he likes you any less. Just means he needs some time to himself throughout the day.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Oh, and when you are at his place ALL DAY or ALL WEEKEND, try not to be all up in his grill the whole time. Be willing to go in the other room and watch a movie by yourself (yes, 2 whole hours by yourself), or go do some errands by yourself, or do whatever you gotta do. I love it when it's like this:

1. Go have a nice lunch together. Talk about how things are going with each other, eat some good food. Maybe grab some dessert afterwards or go do something fun.
    2. Come home - you do your thing, I do my thing for a few hours.
    3. Hey, wanna go have dinner together? Or cook something? Eat a good meal. Maybe watch a movie or go for a walk together or whatever.
    4. Some more alone time doing our own thing.

Rinse. Repeat. If you guys go somewhere like an amusement park with the kids or something, then yeah, you'll have to be together all day. No big deal. But, sometimes if its 24/7, it starts to feel like I'm babysitting. Just sayin. It doesn't mean he likes you any less. Just means he needs some time to himself throughout the day.
    I am at work until later in the evening and then get up the next morning before he gets up. So really we are only together for a few hours then go to bed. Ditto for the rest of the weekend. I will say though he likes having seperate sides of the bed. Don't cross "the line" type thing. I'm a snuggling type where he is not so much. But are INTP's more the type to show how they feel in a sexual way versus a telling you and showing you? I notice with him its the little things he does like changing my head light and fixing small stuff to show he cares instead of bringing flowers. Or is a little more physically affectionate when he sees me for the first time in like a week. This is my first relationship with someone this introverted. But I'm in this for the long haul, so I'm just trying to underdstand as much as I can. I love all the opinions and tips. I really appreciate them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by memz View Post
    I am at work until later in the evening and then get up the next morning before he gets up. So really we are only together for a few hours then go to bed. Ditto for the rest of the weekend. I will say though he likes having seperate sides of the bed. Don't cross "the line" type thing. I'm a snuggling type where he is not so much. But are INTP's more the type to show how they feel in a sexual way versus a telling you and showing you? I notice with him its the little things he does like changing my head light and fixing small stuff to show he cares instead of bringing flowers. Or is a little more physically affectionate when he sees me for the first time in like a week. This is my first relationship with someone this introverted. But I'm in this for the long haul, so I'm just trying to underdstand as much as I can. I love all the opinions and tips. I really appreciate them.
    Haha. There seems to be a lot of variance in terms of whether INTP's are affectionate or not. I like to be affectionate, but there's a time for affection and there's a time to sleep. Call me a compartmentalizer, but I find it hard to do both at the same time.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    One thing about INTPs. They expect you to be yourself but it takes forever for them to show themselves.
    This is so true, I can't even express how true it is. I'm starting to see what a horrible pain in the butt we are in relationships.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Good luck

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    One thing about INTPs. They expect you to be yourself but it takes forever for them to show themselves.
    Thank you for saying this. For the last 6 months I have felt like it was more of an issue of him not trusting me. But I guess he really is just that shy and introverted. But with bigger issues I thought it was a trust issue because I know he was hurt badly by his ex. We both accept the other as we are, but when there has been little disclosure sometimes I felt like we were lacking in connection. HUGE thing for an ISFP. But we have been talking alot more since we got back together and thats slowly improving. Now I know when he does tell me something more personal, that its a huge thing for him. Makes me appreciate it that much more.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by memz View Post
    Thank you for saying this. For the last 6 months I have felt like it was more of an issue of him not trusting me. But I guess he really is just that shy and introverted. But with bigger issues I thought it was a trust issue because I know he was hurt badly by his ex. We both accept the other as we are, but when there has been little disclosure sometimes I felt like we were lacking in connection. HUGE thing for an ISFP. But we have been talking alot more since we got back together and thats slowly improving. Now I know when he does tell me something more personal, that its a huge thing for him. Makes me appreciate it that much more.
    Something that frustrates some of the feelers in my life is the fact that I tend to share things organically, as they come up and are germain to the conversation at hand. It's always felt strange and unnatural to just volunteer a lot of extraneous information about myself. It can seem to others as if I"m being secretive, but really, it's just that it hasn't come up yet. But the intensely personal stuff? I have to know you and trust you a lot before I spill that. I have to know you're invested and trustworthy, and won't throw it back in my face or blab to others.
    Something Witty

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I have to know you're invested and trustworthy, and won't throw it back in my face or blab to others.
    Or use it to make puppet strings...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Something that frustrates some of the feelers in my life is the fact that I tend to share things organically, as they come up and are germain to the conversation at hand. It's always felt strange and unnatural to just volunteer a lot of extraneous information about myself. It can seem to others as if I"m being secretive, but really, it's just that it hasn't come up yet. But the intensely personal stuff? I have to know you and trust you a lot before I spill that. I have to know you're invested and trustworthy, and won't throw it back in my face or blab to others.
    You say that as though it's some sort of abnormality. That's how I communicate; I express/reveal things as they come to me. I tend to do it at a quicker pace than most since I'm a chatterbox when I'm comfortable with a person but it's the same method. You're right, tossing out random information for the sake of it is awkward.

I'm dating an INTP right now and he does this too. It's amusing sometimes because we will be talking and he'll mention something that happened in his past, I'll be a bit confused because he's speaking as though I should know what he's talking about, then he has this forehead-smacking moment of "OH! I haven't told you this yet!" and then comes excruciatingly detailed story time. It's cute. For now.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    ISFP

I have never really thought he was being secretive as much as I thought he just didn't trust me yet. I tend to feel people out before I trust them. It usually takes me quite some time to build up trust. Funny thing with him is that I have always felt like I could trust him. I'm at ease telling him stuff. But I think he is alot like you are describing. He tells stuff as it comes up. One time we were talking about his ex wife and he said she used to buy random useless things. I casually asked like what. He just said not to worry about it. So I've learned too that when he tells me stuff just to listen and not ask to many questions. He will shut down just as quick as he started talking. Tonight he called me and as we were talking he asked me what I meant by something I said like 2 weeks ago. I remembered what he was talking about, but what is up with waiting 2 weeks to ask. Do INTP's really sit on stuff that long thinking about it before they ask?