User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    FunnyDigestion, this next one is all for you ... Give me a pointless thesis and watch that scotch work it :P
    How about (going by your signature here) methods of utilizing chaos in one's leadership style--meaning, not only managing it, but also using it to one's advantage... is it possible? How could it be done? Has anyone, leader or otherwise, ever stepped onto its battlefield & lived to tell the tale?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

^ omg, does anyone realize what a genius thing I've just done here... we're about to get a free leadership seminar, a DRUNK leadership seminar... has this ever even happened before??

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Even this thread of yours, where you're trying to convey how relatively relaxed and nice you may be, comes across as extremely intense. It's easier to accept who you are, rather than writing walls of texts.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Even this thread of yours, where you're trying to convey how relatively relaxed and nice you may be, comes across as extremely intense. It's easier to accept who you are, rather than writing walls of texts.
    Cut him some slack. He was drinking when he wrote it.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

figsfiggyfigs

Well, don't listen to all of them Moneytick. I liked what you wrote, and related.

<pats drunk's back>

MBTI
    ENTJ

Just came back from the office.

I really need to blur out the engraved imagery of red and green stock quote listings in my head, so I'm going to ask the bartender for some Icelandic Brenevin.

I'll try to not deplete my energy, so that I can make it to my keyboard with sufficient mental agility to compose FunnyDigestion's requested seminar on chaos.

The title of the dissertation will be:

CHAOS: The turmoil that keeps your candle burning all night long

Let's hope that espresso doesn't run out for him
    got chaos?

MBTI
    ENTJ

How about (going by your signature here) methods of utilizing chaos in one's leadership style--meaning, not only managing it, but also using it to one's advantage... is it possible? How could it be done? Has anyone, leader or otherwise, ever stepped onto its battlefield & lived to tell the tale?
    Chaos is what thrives beyond the precincts of your quiet walls, in those many cities that emerge as trafficated ant-hills scattered across the world laden with the keen scent of diesel fuel and those anxious broken murmurs of a busy crowd. The hallmark of Manhattan is just that, a congregation of many diverse people, interests, cultures, and opinions of which are forced to coalesce in a minute spot on the map. Large cities are a testament to the value of chaos, wherein the collision of culture, style, creativity and ideas become the catalysts for productivity and the exciting conception of new innovations.

Our own realities can sometimes become a stage for dramatic and fast-paced events to transpire; causing us to lose much needed sleep over the many brightly illumed windows of concern engraved on our mental skyscrapers. Like a city that never sleeps, our minds never do either. We process information in the unconscious, which is manifest during the figments of imagination in sleep and dreamy illusions. Chaos, even in the tranquility of sleep, is prudently at work.

Chaos is merely a cognitive dissonance, where information becomes so voluminous it can be perceived as unfathomable. It breaks down an environment, and revokes its identity – which introduces the opportunity to rebuild it from converting the noise of information and diverging ideas into innovative solutions.

During the panic of the early nineteen hundreds, Jay Pierpont Morgan (who had the most influential voice in business) was credited for averting an impending financial crisis by gathering all of the prominent businessmen and executives for negotiation. JP Morgan had specifically selected his yacht, the Corsair, as the venue for negotiation. The Corsair set sail with the men on board in the assembly room debating important matters and proposing remedies for urgent economic issues. Shortly afterwards, JP Morgan stood and declared that no man would leave the room or set foot on solid ground until a collective solution was announced. He then locked the door of the assembly quarters, and left them alone to proceed with their deliberation.

The fiery debate continued into the night, and when they realized they could not leave the vessel until a decree was reached – they collectively bargained a concluding verdict. The decisions of America’s historical executives made aboard JP Morgan’s Corsair on that day had sufficed to prevent a terrible economic disaster.

Hence, chaos is the disorder of musical tone that is orchestrated into a truly original melody. The adrenaline of organizing chaos is a rush that electrifies your mind with vigor and creativity. It is the fabric of innovation, where monotonous threads of varying colors are uniquely intertwined to comprise the framework of innovation and ingenuity.

So that was a brief synopsis of chaos after treating myself to a few shots of Icelandic Brenevin. Hey! Maybe I'll quit working so hard an recite poetry on the streets of Iceland one day. I'll only accept alcoholic currency, as in one shot per verse and a glass for a stanza. No, I'm not a poet - I'm just a drunk hedge fund guy who has gone mad by the red and green flashing of stock quotations and calls to my Hong Kong equity broker which have been lost in translation. Well, I don't even know what I'm saying anymore, It’s already 3:24AM and I’ve got to hit the sack before my sleep deprivation derails my train of thought and the Brenivin further erodes my cognitive dexterity. To: Funny Digestion - Leadership style? I’ll leave that for the Laphroaig Irish scotch that's on my menu for tomorrow. …. Good night!
    got chaos?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Chaos... cannot be understood, therein lies its power: its strength is that of unpredictability, surprise, & freedom... to move in the world of chaos, which is our world, is to be aware of your limits of understanding: your ignorance, lack of knowledge, & finally lack of total control..

But, on to the next topic: Leadership, or, doing what others are unwilling to do... a mixture of blazing the trail which others follow, guiding others thru uncertain terrain, as well as sending people down their own trail when the time is right, based on their own unique abilities, in pursuit of a greater goal... I, personally, have no interest in leadership except in situations that demand it of me, the life-threatening, perilous situations that only seem to arise in books & movies-- how, then, does a person like me incorporate the strategies of leadership into my daily life?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    Hence, chaos is the disorder of musical tone that is orchestrated into a truly original melody. The adrenaline of organizing chaos is a rush that electrifies your mind with vigor and creativity. It is the fabric of innovation, where monotonous threads of varying colors are uniquely intertwined to comprise the framework of innovation and ingenuity.
    This, my friend, is why you are an ENTJ and I am an INTP. You guys are the masters of this - "organizing chaos". If an organization were in disarray, I want a well-rounded, seasoned ENTJ at the helm of the ship. INTP's, in contrast, simply want to engage in original thought. Things that have never been thought before, and then bringing structure and coherence to those thoughts. But, extroverting those original thoughts, or - more accurately - leading others with those thoughts, is not the focus of the INTP. I believe the INTP can influence, teach, write, explain, offer new perspective, and encourage, but organizing chaos and bringing order to that which is not in order, is why ENTJ's exist. It is the advantage that Te has over Ti. Ti has its own benefits and advantages, but what you describe here is Te at its best.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Well, I just thought I'd mention that my ENTJ step-father is Dutch so a Dutch Uncle is, in my life, a very apt description.

He's a bit of a poet as well. Not in the conventional sense of bards and the like, but he writes like you. It's not emotional, but it's can have a lot of feeling. And it's always very eloquent.

It's interesting because you CAN see in him this intimidating General who likes order and wants to conquer the world (the stereotype). He is that, in a sense, but there's so much more than that (isn't it like that with us all?).

He's one of the most agreeable, affable and sweet people I know. Sometimes he can be argumentative and intimidating and bull-headed, but when it comes down to it, he's very open minded and would rather make love, not war (to be cliché).

Anyway, I admire him a lot. I would love to have an ENTJ on my team any day.