User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    'rigorous' comes from a Latin word meaning stiff or rigid. C.f. inflexible.
    Actually, yeah, after looking up the word rigorous, you're right - it doesn't really have a "positive" connotation at all. I guess I've been misusing the word all this time. When I think of an individual who works hard and is very diligent, I consider them to have a rigorous work ethic. But, maybe I need to find a new word for it.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Actually, yeah, after looking up the word rigorous, you're right - it doesn't really have a "positive" connotation at all. I guess I've been misusing the word all this time. When I think of an individual who works hard and is very diligent, I consider them to have a rigorous work ethic. But, maybe I need to find a new word for it.
    Problem solved!

MBTI
    INTJ

No.

Do they have an advantage when it comes to employing and/or learning strategy? Probably. But then, it has a lot to do with what kind of strategy you're talking about. Business? Combat? Getting laid?

This kind of idea is so popular because INTJs want to believe it, as it strokes their ego, and they tend to have an advantage over other types when everyone is inexperienced. Trust me, though, a naturally born INTJ is never going to beat another type that actually works on their strategic skills, so it's kind of irrelevant. I work in a strategic environment that is positively flooded with INTJs and there is a big discrepancy in strategic skill level among individuals.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENTP

INTJs are naturally born PIMPs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

If one is an INTJ and goes by the general NiTe functioning thought process, then their thoughts would automatically move through envisioning and implementation. This can be seen as 'naturally strategising' and would be common with the general areas of their lives. There may be questioning of one's type as INTJ if they do not naturally go through the NiTe strategising thought process as a common occurrence.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Sort of. As Oakysage mentions, the thought patterns are kind of naturally strategic. The strategy, however, isn't where people think it is. It isn't the ability to plan everything out in detail. It's the ability to choose effective goals, and easily changing goals and plans as needed to achieve a single overall goal.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Sort of. As Oakysage mentions, the thought patterns are kind of naturally strategic. The strategy, however, isn't where people think it is. It isn't the ability to plan everything out in detail. It's the ability to choose effective goals, and easily changing goals and plans as needed to achieve a single overall goal.
    Don't you ever get locked into a plan though, like bound & boxed in by your own inflexible will to do something?

Because otherwise, that's the same attitude I have. Plans & goals for me are jumping-off points to get moving somewhere, & they can change 180 degrees or mutate into something totally different (or be put on the shelf indefinitely, or totally abandoned) as I go along & succeed / fail at various things.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Don't you ever get locked into a plan though, like bound & boxed in by your own inflexible will to do something?
    If we do, then we are not using our functions in "proper" balance. We are, perhaps, so fixated on the Ni vision, that we ignore Te logical inputs about available resources and possible problems. It might also mean that a goal is no longer (or never was) in synch with our personal priorities or values. The longer it takes to recognize such oversights, the harder it can be to adjust and recover, but one thing about being INTJ seems to be that there is always a way out of the box, usually more than one.

Uumlau is correct that the strategizing relates more to setting goals than to their implementation. As long as our goals remain relevant and worthwhile, commitment to them is inspiring rather than confining. We are able to see many routes to each endpoint and can thus adjust implementation as needed, essentially the contingency-planning ability often associated with our type.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If we do, then we are not using our functions in "proper" balance. We are, perhaps, so fixated on the Ni vision, that we ignore Te logical inputs about available resources and possible problems. It might also mean that a goal is no longer (or never was) in synch with our personal priorities or values. The longer it takes to recognize such oversights, the harder it can be to adjust and recover, but one thing about being INTJ seems to be that there is always a way out of the box, usually more than one.

Uumlau is correct that the strategizing relates more to setting goals than to their implementation. As long as our goals remain relevant and worthwhile, commitment to them is inspiring rather than confining. We are able to see many routes to each endpoint and can thus adjust implementation as needed, essentially the contingency-planning ability often associated with our type.
    You guys are awesome - in a non-INTP kind of way.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENTP

ENTPs are naturally born lottery winners.

oh wait...

it's an INTJ thread