• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTPs generally immature until their late 30s or early 40s?

Are ENTPs generally immature until their late 30s or early 40s?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is what I got from 27 year old ENTP;

When your mother buys you an apartment, we will live together in clutter, you will chase your career during day and I will wait in apartment till you come home and experiment with drugs. Maybe I'll also write something, or paint. We can get a dog too.

He was more serious than not. So, I ask you - are they immature :D

that is just so...ridiculous/sad/hysterical

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I personally have to say that I start to find the fact people tend to type irresponsible people entp offending. I dunno it doesnt leave me with much more than to think those people have no life experience and are probably kinda unintelligent.. this hasnt so much to do necessarily with me being that type, I think it has more to do with me hating people who put other people into stereotypes and cliches. Its just not wise and not how things work

A

Anew Leaf

I think because of NE, ENTPs can come across as being immature. But if you get to know one on a more one-on-one basis, their inner seriousness gets a chance to make an appearance. I currently have 4 friends who are ENTP, and in larger groups they are all the life of the party in some shape or form. But in a smaller setting you get to witness them being thoughtful and sweet to their wife, or discussing a topic without the "I am going to ping off into orbit" attitude. :)

I like 'em. They are always up for a round of Ne randomness with me even if no one else wants to play.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I think because of NE, ENTPs can come across as being immature. But if you get to know one on a more one-on-one basis, their inner seriousness gets a chance to make an appearance. I currently have 4 friends who are ENTP, and in larger groups they are all the life of the party in some shape or form. But in a smaller setting you get to witness them being thoughtful and sweet to their wife, or discussing a topic without the "I am going to ping off into orbit" attitude. :)

I like 'em. They are always up for a round of Ne randomness with me even if no one else wants to play.

Good observation/insight. My observations of ENTPs are like this also. I definitely know from my own self-insight not to mistake playfulness with immaturity.

A

A window to the soul

I personally have to say that I start to find the fact people tend to type irresponsible people entp offending. I dunno it doesnt leave me with much more than to think those people have no life experience and are probably kinda unintelligent.. this hasnt so much to do necessarily with me being that type, I think it has more to do with me hating people who put other people into stereotypes and cliches. Its just not wise and not how things work

Oh hush, I :heart: this thread!

T

ThatGirl

The ENTPs I have known irl tend to get more wise, but not necessarily mature. Does that make sense?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'd like to answer but that would need me to show emotions therefore I rather punch this random cushion I found in the corner

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm actually mature for my age, but i'm a young age so. I find myself acting imature sometimes through.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Who says mature is always the best to be? Sometimes that childish manner really comes in handy. Defusing a situation. Without that wonderment there is no extraverted intuition, more importantly extraverted thinking is that child-like wonderment. There is a time and place for everything.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Although always testing as INTP, I find myself identifying more and more with ENTP. :rofl1:

Good luck!
A piece of advice: Do not ever go to Vienna.
Unless you get bored with your new ENTP life, of course. I don't think you will. It is a happy life. :)
I went to Vienna as an ENTP and I came back as an INTP.

Vienna is gloomy and dirty. The clouds hang low there. The inhabitants are a bunch of uncouth morons.
I say the place is rotten. It can turn anybody to an introvert. :)

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i'm in my late 20s. i don't take much seriously and i'm quite contrary, which annoys/perplexes people and myself sometimes. technology helps me pretend to be a grownup though (eg my phone makes noises when i need to be somewhere and my bank account is programmed to pay my bills on time).

i'm a serious cat when i'm:
- in love and hurting
- under ridiculous pressure at work + tired

i would say i'm spirited and i hope i never lose that. entps also have great skin and low blood pressure. :hifive:

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
How are ENTPs immature?

I'm not sure why society make assumptions all the time or why they don't automatically assume that things aren't always what they appear to be.

Most of the time it aint. The worlds fuckin complicated and people are having so much trouble with each other in it.

I grew up in a messed up neighborhood and I got to see violent reactions to misunderstandings which in a way made them stand out more. Now see your interpretation of an ENTP being immature is a terrible thing.

They're open to how they feel when most people are hiding it or using it to manipulate. They are able to be a socializing individual when other people either conform in order to
be social and fit in or are very antisocial due to their inability to conform their extreme type of individuality that they're unable to.

They are able to enjoy life, however they have it, when everyone else seems to be dreading it or enjoying it only when things are good or even worse confusing there enjoyment of superficial things to being an enjoyment of life.
We're able to ease tension when you ether cant or dont. We are able to bring life to a party well you stand back bored and reserved waiting for the party to bring life to you.

We are surrounded by people who automatically assume that Just because life is serious, you have to be. When in reality life is so serious, you shouldn't be. Now I don't mean you shouldn't be serious, I'm saying you shouldn't be SO serious.

We're looking at everyone else and seeing how most of them just don't understand it. Some aren't themselves, Some can't fit in, Some expect to be entertained, Some cry about what they don't have, Some find value in material things and become empty inside. Most are judgemental and unable to see things from other views. They fight with each other over the stupidest shit and on, and on, and on...

Then they all look at us like were children.

Really?!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EPs a a whole have more of a tendency to be immature

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
If I want to seem mature it is very easy to do so. Middle aged adults who value maturity have a tendency of commenting about how mature and responsible I am (unless I'm related to them. Then they've seen my distaste for washing dishes). It's no fun to always act mature though.
Maturity is hard to measure, and very easy to fake. Either that, or ignore.