User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I don't know what advice I'm looking for, if I did I wouldn't need to look for it. Either way, I felt like I wanted to write it down and see other peoples responses to broaden my own perspective on the matter.

My main concern is my brother's ability to do his job, that is the root of it all. Which obviously has a lot to do with his mental state. So solving that would likely put everything back in order. I just don't feel like I am in the position to do that. Plus, my brother is as stubborn as I am. It's not a good combination with being down.

The rest of my concerns are just causality.

edit: My uncle does a lot of frauding and his company is anything but healthy. Working under cost prices etc. I don't know how much larger his pot of frauded money is, but sooner or later he is going to crack or burn. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Wait, am I to understand that you DON'T have stock in the company? If that's the reality, I see your dilemma more clearly. Either way, curious to hear your answer to my questions.
    Yup. It's fine if I'm in good relations with my brother. But that's why his current behaviour is putting me in a difficult position.

RDF

See my edit to my last post.

Basically, if your brother owns all the stock, you have little or no legal/administrative recourse. So it sounds like you're just looking for someone who might know a neat trick for engaging ENTPs and getting them back on track when they start losing it. Is that about right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Pretty much, one can hope for a miracle cure to this, right? :P

Maybe I'm also trying to get the courage to actually face it out with him. Although it'd be nice if I'd have something to fall back on before I do so.

Either way, for now, it requires more thought.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Pretty much, one can hope for a miracle cure to this, right? :P
    Absolutely!

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

The simplest thing is to cut your losses and move on. These things are rarely worth the fight.

Honestly, it seems like he doesn't like (or respect) you. If that's the case, there will be no winning. If he perceives you as weaker than him, or insignificant, then just move on. It will only get worse. If I perceive weakness, I show no mercy.

But if he's just going through a boredom/distracted phase, you could probably just wait it out.

The more you take over, the more he'll react and over-inflate his role in the company. You cannot corral an ENTP and get a positive response. As well, consider your position and possible reaction. While I'm certain your decisions have been excellent for the firm, are you partially trying to corral him for your own job and role security?

I'd sit down with him and discuss the direction of the company and your respective roles within. He needs to openly acknowledge your contributions and you too need to openly acknowledge his contributions. The two of you also need to lay on the table your concerns about each other. You also should try to negotiate some form of incentive bonusing, in the form of stock options. If nothing comes from this meeting, it's time to spread your wings and fly away.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

That's so ironic though, isn't it? He is showing the most weakness in his ability to do his job right now. Surely he must see that he is neglecting things? It's not like he's stupid. I've juked out ideas with him in the past and made things happen. Now he just avoids my ideas or finds some excuse.

I suppose it may seem he is treating me like I'm someone 'weaker', but I really hope he knows better and that the issue is something else. I at least would like to believe that in the past 8 years I have proven my value, and the sacrifices I have made did not go unnoticed. But if they did, yeah, probably better to move on then.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    The more you take over, the more he'll react and over-inflate his role in the company. You cannot corral an ENTP and get a positive response. As well, consider your position and possible reaction. While I'm certain your decisions have been excellent for the firm, are you partially trying to corral him for your own job and role security?

I'd sit down with him and discuss the direction of the company and your respective roles within. He needs to openly acknowledge your contributions and you too need to openly acknowledge his contributions. The two of you also need to lay on the table your concerns about each other. You also should try to negotiate some form of incentive bonusing, in the form of stock options. If nothing comes from this meeting, it's time to spread your wings and fly away.
    Does sound like the logical course of action at this point. Although if I am to acknowledge his latest contributions, it's not going to be a very positive meeting. There haven't been many lately. Although I wouldn't mind stroking his ego if that'd work, but tbh, that would probably backfire with him as well.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yeah, but if his life is shit right now, he's probably desperate to be (or seem) "better" than someone, anyone else. And there you are - the hard working little gimp who is willing to slave away and take all the abuse. Don't let him get away with it.

An unhealthy ENTP, or anyone really, does not operate logically.