• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] people who had depression

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, you can come out of it.

I've felt it before and came out of it.

It took a while but boy am I glad I climbed out of that ditch. I hated every minute of it and I will never go back to that dark place again.

I say this to you to let you know that it is possible to get better.

One day you will see the faint resemblance of a pathway toward getting out and you will set on this path.

And from there, you will begin your journey from darkness to light, and then you will experience happiness again.

Like I have.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have had periods of depression due to the loss of loved ones...the last one still feels very recent and i still feel a bit like i'm sleep walking through life but i truly believe there's a point to all of it....it's like your soul shatters so you pick each piece up one by one and reexamine it's value...piecing them back together reinforcing the strongest bits and discarding the weaker ones...i think any time something in life isn't working you just have to rebuild...soul search..music therapy...get some distance...wash it all away and start over. if you've got people in your life that are toxic to you...walk away. this is serious. life or death. look out for you now. think of that movie pursuit of happiness seriously that guys life was bad. he took it upon himself to change it....pick yourself up...say fuck all that that was yesterday today i'm the kind of person who does this and reacts this way and this is what i want for my life so this is the path that leads me there...i guess what i'm saying is the illness and cure are both in your mind...not your fault. you most likely just have low serotonin levels...you can't let some bullshit chemicals frame your world in harmful ways...just learn to accept that that world view is not accurate. your life is not shit. your life can be whatever you want it to be...so reframe it...flip it...say this might suck but it's temporary and there's a reason for it...take it as an opportunity to strengthen your character..figure out who you want to be...what makes you happy and fuck everything else..just tunnel vision towards that goal.

:hug: don't give up please...seriously. there are people in your life that will never recover fully. the pain i'm dealing with is from the loss of my sister...you don't want to intentionally put anyone through that do you?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ so true, Lady X. :yes:
Reinventing yourself, that's a great way to put it.

How would you reinvent yourself if you could do so in any way you choose?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Reinvention does work. I didn't know if it was because I'm ENFP or what, but yeah I love reinvention.

"I will disappear
I told you once and I'll say it again
I want my message read clear
I'll show you the way, the way I'm going

So I run, and hide and tear myself up
Start again with a brand new name
And eyes that see into infinity
I was almost there
Just a moment away from becoming unclear
Ever get the feeling you're gone
I'll show you the way, the way I'm going"

:)heart: 30 Seconds to Mars Jared Leto)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reinvention does work. I didn't know if it was because I'm ENFP or what, but yeah I love reinvention.

"I will disappear
I told you once and I'll say it again
I want my message read clear
I'll show you the way, the way I'm going

So I run, and hide and tear myself up
Start again with a brand new name
And eyes that see into infinity
I was almost there
Just a moment away from becoming unclear
Ever get the feeling you're gone
I'll show you the way, the way I'm going"

:)heart: 30 Seconds to Mars Jared Leto)

I am also a fan of the reinvention method.
+1.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I reinvented myself once. But rather than being depressed, I think I was just majorly unhealthy on many aspects at the time.

When I think back, I was much more apathetic rather than depressed though. But I totally reinvented myself. Even wrote several poems about it. But they are pretty harsh so not gonna share here.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I reinvented myself once. But rather than being depressed, I think I was just majorly unhealthy on many aspects at the time.

When I think back, I was much more apathetic rather than depressed though. But I totally reinvented myself. Even wrote several poems about it. But they are pretty harsh so not gonna share here.

Really? For me, "depressed" is almost interchangeable with "reinventing myself". (Only, depressed is the more socially acceptable term, surprisingly enough.) I kind of want to see the poems.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
depression isnt always like this

Yes you are right it isn't always like this.

However, there are many types of depression. And when it gets combined with anxiety I can't tell which is which :laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
finding something to dedicate your time and mental effort towards... and getting a good nights' sleep, cutting back on alcohol and caffeine and keeping moving. I'm bipolar and have gone through periods of time where I had a horrible time thinking of anything that did not involve physically harming myself... the only thing I could do to keep on going was to DO something, since being lost in my mind was the worst possible place to be :blush:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it sucks, and it seems counterintuitive to what you really WANT to do, but it's better than spending a few hours pondering how you can get in a horrible car accident and make it LOOK like an accident! :yes:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know but it gets extremely boring and frustrating at some point.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
tell me about it :dry:

the things a person has to do to stay sane are almost enough to drive a person crazy!

mumblebee

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Thanks you for amazing feedback. I have created the "list" of things I want to change and I hope I have the will power to change my mindset. I won't post anymore depressing or negative threads in this forum. I will update you guys if I have major improvement for those who wants to know. the feedbacks you left me means a lot. thank you

Again thats your depression making you question your worth....first of all, being peachy all the time is not only usless but fake, so for gods sake don't do that.....it's depressing in itself. It's healthy that you voiced your questions, but it's unhealthy and unhelpfull to question your right to question....that part is your depression. Please don't icolate yourself like that, because you create the perfect breading ground for depression....it is far easier to get lost in it that way. Believe me I know first hand. which leads me to my second point, if you have a hard time seeing the usefullness of you posting the pain your depression is causing you, and if you think you are burdoning everyone with your "negative threads" then please see the value of it this way: 1) You are putting to voice what alot of others have a hard time talking about. 2) Even though it would have been easier for you to say every thing is peachy and act like nothing is wrong, you chose to be honest and sincere. Now in a superficial, "surface" world that is a great quality to posesse. I encourage you to use that quality, draw strength from it and push it further and talk to someone who can help, and if it doesent work....talk to someone else. Keep talking untill you get the help you need. Your honesty is like kryptonite to your depression.

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
Hmmm...I'm quite new to this. I never thought many NTs felt depressed or least admitted it to anyone. This is one of the reasons why I thought I was an INFP/INFJ since I had a quite human interior behind my rather cold exterior. It's not like you are alone in this. You have to adapt the harsh reality, since this is either a biological problem (in which I would strongly advise help, sorry, but you cannot deny medical attention for an illness like that), social problem, or both. In my first year at a college away from home, I felt significantly depressed and lonely; in fact, I still have my grey days of sadness - the worst kind - where you are exposed of all your weaknesses as a social human being: not knowing anyone, not being able to connect, not being able to meet members of the opposite sex, not even knowing what to say to anyone, etc. I'd go many days without talking, except for the obligatory "Thanks" or "Excuse Me." The worst kind of loneliness is when you are surrounded by people, not when you are "literally" alone, in my opinion at least. The depression I've had created a snowball effect of paranoid fears that it'd always be this way and that I'd be an old not having experienced the joys of youth and humanity. I didn't read everything in this thread, so I apologize if I seem like another useless comment. I'm not really sure the degree of your depression (Are you clinically ill or taking medication? Or is this a self-diagnosis?).

>Some people told me that depression is something that always stick with them

That's kind of true, but the degrees are different for everyone obviously. I know for every day I'll be happy, there'll be about a week I'll be sad and that's how it usually is for me, but just keep pushing.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
getting a good nights' sleep

actually

mQ9wP.jpg

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
lol are you kidding? Sleep deprivation always made me worse :laugh:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol are you kidding? Sleep deprivation always made me worse :laugh:

Some people have a good response to it. I did but I also had hypersomnia instead of insomnia while depressed. But it's true that the benefits of it are very short-lived.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Me too I slept all fucking day. Lucky me.

But there were times when I couldn't sleep, it kinda alternated.

Cool.