Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: people who had depression

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

it sucks, and it seems counterintuitive to what you really WANT to do, but it's better than spending a few hours pondering how you can get in a horrible car accident and make it LOOK like an accident!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

I know but it gets extremely boring and frustrating at some point.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

tell me about it

the things a person has to do to stay sane are almost enough to drive a person crazy!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    I know but it gets extremely boring and frustrating at some point.
    I know! It's otherwise very difficult to numb reality.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    tell me about it

the things a person has to do to stay sane are almost enough to drive a person crazy!
    This, too.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    Thanks you for amazing feedback. I have created the "list" of things I want to change and I hope I have the will power to change my mindset. I won't post anymore depressing or negative threads in this forum. I will update you guys if I have major improvement for those who wants to know. the feedbacks you left me means a lot. thank you
    Again thats your depression making you question your worth....first of all, being peachy all the time is not only usless but fake, so for gods sake don't do that.....it's depressing in itself. It's healthy that you voiced your questions, but it's unhealthy and unhelpfull to question your right to question....that part is your depression. Please don't icolate yourself like that, because you create the perfect breading ground for depression....it is far easier to get lost in it that way. Believe me I know first hand. which leads me to my second point, if you have a hard time seeing the usefullness of you posting the pain your depression is causing you, and if you think you are burdoning everyone with your "negative threads" then please see the value of it this way: 1) You are putting to voice what alot of others have a hard time talking about. 2) Even though it would have been easier for you to say every thing is peachy and act like nothing is wrong, you chose to be honest and sincere. Now in a superficial, "surface" world that is a great quality to posesse. I encourage you to use that quality, draw strength from it and push it further and talk to someone who can help, and if it doesent work....talk to someone else. Keep talking untill you get the help you need. Your honesty is like kryptonite to your depression.

Hmmm...I'm quite new to this. I never thought many NTs felt depressed or least admitted it to anyone. This is one of the reasons why I thought I was an INFP/INFJ since I had a quite human interior behind my rather cold exterior. It's not like you are alone in this. You have to adapt the harsh reality, since this is either a biological problem (in which I would strongly advise help, sorry, but you cannot deny medical attention for an illness like that), social problem, or both. In my first year at a college away from home, I felt significantly depressed and lonely; in fact, I still have my grey days of sadness - the worst kind - where you are exposed of all your weaknesses as a social human being: not knowing anyone, not being able to connect, not being able to meet members of the opposite sex, not even knowing what to say to anyone, etc. I'd go many days without talking, except for the obligatory "Thanks" or "Excuse Me." The worst kind of loneliness is when you are surrounded by people, not when you are "literally" alone, in my opinion at least. The depression I've had created a snowball effect of paranoid fears that it'd always be this way and that I'd be an old not having experienced the joys of youth and humanity. I didn't read everything in this thread, so I apologize if I seem like another useless comment. I'm not really sure the degree of your depression (Are you clinically ill or taking medication? Or is this a self-diagnosis?).

>Some people told me that depression is something that always stick with them

That's kind of true, but the degrees are different for everyone obviously. I know for every day I'll be happy, there'll be about a week I'll be sad and that's how it usually is for me, but just keep pushing.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    getting a good nights' sleep
    actually

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP

lol are you kidding? Sleep deprivation always made me worse

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    lol are you kidding? Sleep deprivation always made me worse
    Some people have a good response to it. I did but I also had hypersomnia instead of insomnia while depressed. But it's true that the benefits of it are very short-lived.

MBTI
    ENTP

Me too I slept all fucking day. Lucky me.

But there were times when I couldn't sleep, it kinda alternated.

Cool.