User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: I'm sorry

Permabanned

Default I'm sorry

But I have to say being an INTP must suck in today's world. Our SJ driven society completely contradicts what INTP's are all about. Look at Albert Einstein for example, who enjoyed studying physics for the sake of physics. His theory's proved to be groundbreaking for the time however our society has used it to destroy and bomb parts of the world for it's own selfish agenda.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    But I have to say being an INTP must suck in today's world. Our SJ driven society completely contradicts what INTP's are all about. Look at Albert Einstein for example, who enjoyed studying physics for the sake of physics. His theory's proved to be groundbreaking for the time however our society has used it to destroy and bomb parts of the world for it's own selfish agenda.
    You know Einstien was deeply upset(I heard he cried) when he found out nuclear bombs were dropped in Hiroshima and Nakasaki.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    You know Einstien was deeply upset(I heard he cried) when he found out nuclear bombs were dropped in Hiroshima and Nakasaki.
    I could imagine, I mean that crap sticks at the back of your mind thinking that you were involved in a creation that killed thousands.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

My view is polemic, but I think these bombs avoided the need of an invasion by land, in order to force Japan's rendition, that would ultimately lead to more than a million deaths, including both sides. On the other hand, less civilians would have been killed.
    The world isn't very INTP-friendly. OTOH, we are more likely to develop more peculiar abilities. We can't have everything, right?
    Last edited by Rasofy; 05-25-2011 at 11:53 PM. Reason: gram
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    No matter what you do, some fucktards are going to use it for their own selfish agendas. Do you think Jesus would have supported the Spanish Inquisition, etc, etc?

And I don't think that INTPs necessarily have it worse than a lot of other types. If I had to guess I would say INFP guys have it worse than INTP guys, and alternatively, INTP girls have it worse than INFP girls. Bottom line, if you don't "fit in", chances are you're going to get your balls busted. I see a lot of SJs bitching about being shunned and ridiculed on MBTI forums, which tend to have disproportionate amounts of Ns.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I think the worst part to him was that he saw it coming. He encouraged FDR to develop the bomb because he was afraid that Nazis would develop it first, and he also thought highly of the Japanese people in general.

But like like Rasofy said, considering the circumstances, it was probably for the best.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I don't think that INTPs necessarily have it worse than a lot of other types.
    +1

i'm not sure i understand the point of subjective experiential weighting anyway. quantifying human suffering is weird. there are happy people in africa living off less than 50 cents a day and there are miserable billionaires. human mind ain't linear.

plus, honestly, our society is SJ driven cause the rest of us don't give enough of a shit to deal with maintenance. if it ever gets that bad, i'm sure the other temperament groups will step in. so yeah, it sucks that someone may be using your purely-created something or other to deal with societal upkeep, but do you want to deal with societal upkeep? my guess is no. SJs gave einstein the ability to spend his life tinkering in astrophysics and whatnot, instead of worrying about how he was going to get running water or his daily mail.

theory's

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    +1

i'm not sure i understand the point of subjective experiential weighting anyway. quantifying human suffering is weird. there are happy people in africa living off less than 50 cents a day and there are miserable billionaires. human mind ain't linear.

plus, honestly, our society is SJ driven cause the rest of us don't give enough of a shit to deal with maintenance. if it ever gets that bad, i'm sure the other temperament groups will step in. so yeah, it sucks that someone may be using your purely-created something or other to deal with societal upkeep, but do you want to deal with societal upkeep? my guess is no. SJs gave einstein the ability to spend his life tinkering in astrophysics and whatnot, instead of worrying about how he was going to get running water or his daily mail.

I think INTPs and INFPs generally have a harder time dealing with societal rules and structure than any other type, their primary motives contradict most peoples values and beliefs. Think of the stereotypical idea of "the American dream" and how badly fits into the INTPs core belief system.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I am happy to be in this day and age.

Suppose hypothetically that you are correct. Then that in itself is a reason for us to love being here now. If we lived in a perfect world, then you can truely pity us. For that would absolutely suck so so so much.

No, not living in a world that caters our every need is exactly what makes out brain go INTPish and does cool stuff.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I am happy to be in this day and age.

Suppose hypothetically that you are correct. Then that in itself is a reason for us to love being here now. If we lived in a perfect world, then you can truely pity us. For that would absolutely suck so so so much.

No, not living in a world that caters our every need is exactly what makes out brain go INTPish and does cool stuff.
    If you look at the statistics "NT's",are generally the least populated type with Sjs and SPs being at the top. It seems as though a strong "sensing" function is/was beneficial to the survival of our species. Maybe in a 100 years from now the "sensing" types will be the least popular and the NT's types would become the dominant personality type.