MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

INTP - Top down.
    ISTP - Bottom up.

Depends upon when you come to interpret rules does it feel more natural to start with what you would consider the rules as a whole have as an intent or what the rules actually say individually?

Definitely possible to confuse the two though. My ISTP friend mirrors me quite a bit... or I mirror him...not sure who started that one. Anyway in general he's more specific than I and locates his thinking on specific instances where as I locate on trends. We tend to cross where I note specific abnormalities in patterns I've observed or when he's doing complex thinking where his original case examples aren't obvious until after the subsequent four hour argument.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Speaking as an outsider, the two can appear very similar. Both tend to be highly logical. Both usually have a fairly laid back attitude. Both seem to enjoy debate. I think interests tell more than attitudes. INTPs seem more likely to have an interest in pure science and theory, while ISTP are much more concerned with application and real-world value. They are not necessarily unable to theorize as some people assume, but they do seem to be less likely to do so for its own sake. INTPs are often described as "the thinkers," and ISTPs as "the mechanics." These seem to be very accurate ways of describing their outlook as types. INTPs philosophize; ISTPs apply that knowledge to real-world problems.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Speaking as an outsider, the two can appear very similar. Both tend to be highly logical. Both usually have a fairly laid back attitude. Both seem to enjoy debate. I think interests tell more than attitudes. INTPs seem more likely to have an interest in pure science and theory, while ISTP are much more concerned with application and real-world value. They are not necessarily unable to theorize as some people assume, but they do seem to be less likely to do so for its own sake. INTPs are often described as "the thinkers," and ISTPs as "the mechanics." These seem to be very accurate ways of describing their outlook as types. INTPs philosophize; ISTPs apply that knowledge to real-world problems.
    I thought I used to be INTP, I even tested as INTP. I was very much into theory and philosophy as a teenager and young adult. Then I realized as soon as I couldn't apply that theory to real life I got bored with it. I guess that is the difference, ISTPs at least the ones I know, are good with thoery the problem is we get bored of it and prefer to be in the action of things.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

OMG this happens to me ALL THE TIME! Lol you is ISTP in TiNi loop WTF get Ni and Ne distinctions right people or you should not even be allowed to talk here!