123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w3
    Socionics
    sx

Question Wondering NT style =D

I have a question to my fellow NT's, do you often wonder about things considered "stupid" to others?

I'll give you an example. I was walking the streets the other day with my brother (ESTP) and we came across a dead cockroach lying flat on its back (wings touching the floor). Luckily my brother pushed me so that I wouldn't step on it.

This simple "stupid" episode started a supreme chain reaction of thought.

Then I wondered (and thats what I'm talking about), I've never seen a "living" cockroach just lying on its back, I don't think that "belly-up" is a natural stance for a living cockroaches, then why does a simingly "flat" animal turns its legs up when it dies? Is it like a "Death Posture" in the cockroach tradition? Are they like -

"Look mommy! Granpa is gonna die!"
    "Why is that dear?"
    "He's doing the Death posture!"

Or whenever the fall flat on their backs is it over for them? - "F*** now I'm done for!"
    Or is it a reaction to cockroach venom?

When I started this debate with my brother he laughed and said that he'd never reach that level of detailing and complexity regarding the death of a cockroach.

And that's my question! Do you as NT's do that? Question something that will not add anything meaningfull(semingly) to your life (or anyone elses), But makes YOU wonder?

If so! Plz Share! Share stories! (and if someone knows about the death stance of the cockroach plz share too!)
    "Try and fail, try again and fail better!"

E67% N84% T67% P95% (Procastination FTW, begining next monday)

"It's not bad gammar, it's a sexy brasilian accent"

R12:21

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I don't really think that way. I get tunnel-vision and focus on a single issue for hours. I think what you just described is basically Ne. You would probably have more in common with an ENFP in this way than with an INTJ, INTP or ENTJ. (well, probably share it at least somewhat with INTP, but neither of the other two)
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthtuk View Post
    I have a question to my fellow NT's, do you often wonder about things considered "stupid" to others?

I'll give you an example. I was walking the streets the other day with my brother (ESTP) and we came across a dead cockroach lying flat on its back (wings touching the floor). Luckily my brother pushed me so that I wouldn't step on it.

This simple "stupid" episode started a supreme chain reaction of thought.

Then I wondered (and thats what I'm talking about), I've never seen a "living" cockroach just lying on its back, I don't think that "belly-up" is a natural stance for a living cockroaches, then why does a simingly "flat" animal turns its legs up when it dies? Is it like a "Death Posture" in the cockroach tradition? Are they like -

"Look mommy! Granpa is gonna die!"
    "Why is that dear?"
    "He's doing the Death posture!"

Or whenever the fall flat on their backs is it over for them? - "F*** now I'm done for!"
    Or is it a reaction to cockroach venom?

When I started this debate with my brother he laughed and said that he'd never reach that level of detailing and complexity regarding the death of a cockroach.

And that's my question! Do you as NT's do that? Question something that will not add anything meaningfull(semingly) to your life (or anyone elses), But makes YOU wonder?

If so! Plz Share! Share stories! (and if someone knows about the death stance of the cockroach plz share too!)
    Dude, that could've so happened to me! And now you've got me thinking about cockroaches!
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I do that all the time.

So why do they die on their backs? What do cockroaches die from when they aren't poisoned or eaten or stepped on?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Injury, old age, getting stuck in somewhere sticky, drowning... or do they just survive forever and munch on twinkies after the world ends?

And I suspect that there is some ants doing some cockroach tipping... there could be a strong wind too.

And yeah, I suspect this is very much wondering NTP style...

Yes, it happens to me all the time but I usually come up with numerous crazy theories about why!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Or maybe not

Yes, sir. All the time.

Like yesterday I was at work using the vacuum seal machine which makes this awesome sound like someone inhaling really hard through a gas mask and then exhaling really hard. And I asked the butchers standing around me "man, wouldn't it be hilarious if we all breathed like this vac machine? We wouldn't be able to sneak up on anyone! We'd have to reinvent sneaking."

And the one guy was like "oh I guess you mean breathing like Darth Vadar?" and I said "no, breathing like this vac machine, but I bet Vadar was terrible at sneaking....though I guess he didn't have to be good at it cause he could just crush someone with the Force or something."

And so forth. But it really tickled me to think about it. I got a huge kick! Even though no one else seemed to find it AS interesting a topic to speculate on.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I read somewhere that ants change their routes when you rub your finger along the way and decided to test.
    It worked perfectly. While the experiment was followed, I was thinking of possible evolutionary reasons for this behavior.
    Maybe it would help to avoid the path traced by a predator?
    Or maybe that is just an arbitrary behavior? Why would there be an evolutionary reason for everything? And the peacocks?
    Did they have an evolutionary reason to develop those feathers that do a great job in calling the attention of predators?
    Oh, whatever, i gotta kill these ants.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w3
    Socionics
    sx

Dude! Ants! How did i not think of that...

Those little hive-minded bastards must have something to do with this! Maybe carrying a fliped cockroach back to the nest is easier! Maybe they have a 3 step procedure regarding cockroaches!

1- Find Cockroach
    2- Flip Cockroach
    3- Bring back to the nest and feast
    "Try and fail, try again and fail better!"

E67% N84% T67% P95% (Procastination FTW, begining next monday)

"It's not bad gammar, it's a sexy brasilian accent"

R12:21