• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Wondering NT style =D

Kuthtuk

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w3
I have a question to my fellow NT's, do you often wonder about things considered "stupid" to others?

I'll give you an example. I was walking the streets the other day with my brother (ESTP) and we came across a dead cockroach lying flat on its back (wings touching the floor). Luckily my brother pushed me so that I wouldn't step on it.

This simple "stupid" episode started a supreme chain reaction of thought.

Then I wondered (and thats what I'm talking about), I've never seen a "living" cockroach just lying on its back, I don't think that "belly-up" is a natural stance for a living cockroaches, then why does a simingly "flat" animal turns its legs up when it dies? Is it like a "Death Posture" in the cockroach tradition? Are they like -

"Look mommy! Granpa is gonna die!"
"Why is that dear?"
"He's doing the Death posture!"

Or whenever the fall flat on their backs is it over for them? - "F*** now I'm done for!"
Or is it a reaction to cockroach venom?

When I started this debate with my brother he laughed and said that he'd never reach that level of detailing and complexity regarding the death of a cockroach.

And that's my question! Do you as NT's do that? Question something that will not add anything meaningfull(semingly) to your life (or anyone elses), But makes YOU wonder?

If so! Plz Share! Share stories! (and if someone knows about the death stance of the cockroach plz share too!)

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really think that way. I get tunnel-vision and focus on a single issue for hours. I think what you just described is basically Ne. You would probably have more in common with an ENFP in this way than with an INTJ, INTP or ENTJ. (well, probably share it at least somewhat with INTP, but neither of the other two)

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I have a question to my fellow NT's, do you often wonder about things considered "stupid" to others?

I'll give you an example. I was walking the streets the other day with my brother (ESTP) and we came across a dead cockroach lying flat on its back (wings touching the floor). Luckily my brother pushed me so that I wouldn't step on it.

This simple "stupid" episode started a supreme chain reaction of thought.

Then I wondered (and thats what I'm talking about), I've never seen a "living" cockroach just lying on its back, I don't think that "belly-up" is a natural stance for a living cockroaches, then why does a simingly "flat" animal turns its legs up when it dies? Is it like a "Death Posture" in the cockroach tradition? Are they like -

"Look mommy! Granpa is gonna die!"
"Why is that dear?"
"He's doing the Death posture!"

Or whenever the fall flat on their backs is it over for them? - "F*** now I'm done for!"
Or is it a reaction to cockroach venom?

When I started this debate with my brother he laughed and said that he'd never reach that level of detailing and complexity regarding the death of a cockroach.

And that's my question! Do you as NT's do that? Question something that will not add anything meaningfull(semingly) to your life (or anyone elses), But makes YOU wonder?

If so! Plz Share! Share stories! (and if someone knows about the death stance of the cockroach plz share too!)

Dude, that could've so happened to me! And now you've got me thinking about cockroaches!

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do that all the time.

So why do they die on their backs? What do cockroaches die from when they aren't poisoned or eaten or stepped on?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Injury, old age, getting stuck in somewhere sticky, drowning... or do they just survive forever and munch on twinkies after the world ends?

And I suspect that there is some ants doing some cockroach tipping... there could be a strong wind too.

And yeah, I suspect this is very much wondering NTP style...

rav3n

Yes, it happens to me all the time but I usually come up with numerous crazy theories about why!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Or maybe not :D

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Yes, sir. All the time.

Like yesterday I was at work using the vacuum seal machine which makes this awesome sound like someone inhaling really hard through a gas mask and then exhaling really hard. And I asked the butchers standing around me "man, wouldn't it be hilarious if we all breathed like this vac machine? We wouldn't be able to sneak up on anyone! We'd have to reinvent sneaking."

And the one guy was like "oh I guess you mean breathing like Darth Vadar?" and I said "no, breathing like this vac machine, but I bet Vadar was terrible at sneaking....though I guess he didn't have to be good at it cause he could just crush someone with the Force or something."

And so forth. But it really tickled me to think about it. I got a huge kick! Even though no one else seemed to find it AS interesting a topic to speculate on. :laugh:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read somewhere that ants change their routes when you rub your finger along the way and decided to test.
It worked perfectly. While the experiment was followed, I was thinking of possible evolutionary reasons for this behavior.
Maybe it would help to avoid the path traced by a predator?
Or maybe that is just an arbitrary behavior? Why would there be an evolutionary reason for everything? And the peacocks?
Did they have an evolutionary reason to develop those feathers that do a great job in calling the attention of predators?
Oh, whatever, i gotta kill these ants.

Kuthtuk

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w3
Dude! Ants! How did i not think of that... :shrug:

Those little hive-minded bastards must have something to do with this! Maybe carrying a fliped cockroach back to the nest is easier! Maybe they have a 3 step procedure regarding cockroaches!

1- Find Cockroach
2- Flip Cockroach
3- Bring back to the nest and feast

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude! Ants! How did i not think of that... :shrug:

Those little hive-minded bastards must have something to do with this! Maybe carrying a fliped cockroach back to the nest is easier! Maybe they have a 3 step procedure regarding cockroaches!

1- Find Cockroach
2- Flip Cockroach
3- Bring back to the nest and feast

That's an interesting theory.
I was thinking, perhaps the cockroach got kicked accidentally and wasn't able to leave the fliped position, ending up dead.

N

NPcomplete

I was thinking, perhaps the cockroach got kicked accidentally and wasn't able to leave the fliped position, ending up dead.

This is what I thought as well.

More to the point, I do this kind of thing all the time. I'm trying to remember some situations...

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, sir. All the time.

Like yesterday I was at work using the vacuum seal machine which makes this awesome sound like someone inhaling really hard through a gas mask and then exhaling really hard. And I asked the butchers standing around me "man, wouldn't it be hilarious if we all breathed like this vac machine? We wouldn't be able to sneak up on anyone! We'd have to reinvent sneaking."

And the one guy was like "oh I guess you mean breathing like Darth Vadar?" and I said "no, breathing like this vac machine, but I bet Vadar was terrible at sneaking....though I guess he didn't have to be good at it cause he could just crush someone with the Force or something."

And so forth. But it really tickled me to think about it. I got a huge kick! Even though no one else seemed to find it AS interesting a topic to speculate on. :laugh:

That's definitely Ne. All the ENFPs I've ever known would have thought almost the exact same thing. I find that kind of thing humorous, but my mind won't go that direction on its own in the first place.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Question "useless" stuff? Of course. I have but few options ahead of me.

A. I take other's words for it that it's supposed to happen without understanding why....not happening.
B. I research the subject and take the authorities view as gospel....not happening.
C. I ascertain for myself the veracity of a situation, mull over all inputs and then decide on a nebulous which contains mostly correct information which I then use to postulate and theories to be stated later...

It's just logical!

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Question "useless" stuff? Of course. I have but few options ahead of me.

A. I take other's words for it that it's supposed to happen without understanding why....not happening.
B. I research the subject and take the authorities view as gospel....not happening.
C. I ascertain for myself the veracity of a situation, mull over all inputs and then decide on a nebulous which contains mostly correct information which I then use to postulate and theories to be stated later...

It's just logical!

Well put. :laugh:

I trust my own logic more than other's. Even "authoritative sources."

Because if I've come to the point where I've reached a logical conclusion, then at least I know I've understood it well enough for it to be "worthy" of my trust. Trusting in something that I neither have adaquate information on or a clear understanding of just doesn't happen.

Question everything! :ninja:

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Another thing I've been curious about/speculating on:

Why is it that we tend to show preference (and therefore dominance) for one hand? Usually, anyway (I know very few ambidextrous people).

Wouldn't it make MORE SENSE if we all were ambidextrous? And if we designed our modern world to fit in with us all being ambidextrous? Instead of having the majority of things designed for right-handed people.

I know there was the whole "left handed people are the devil" thing, but nowadays that isn't a popular notion, yet the majority of us are still right handed.

What's up with that?? Why is it that way?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not alien to such abnormal behaviour.

(See what I did there?)

As for left and right hand, I believe it has a lot to do with our brain.

What's weird is that my mother is definately 'right handed' but she writes with her left hand. Just because she started out writing left. But in every way she feels her right hand as being the dominate one.

Also kinda weird. My right hand is dominant and stronger but my left arm has the bigger muscles (probably from carrying my expensive watch all these years).

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Today I went to the store to get batteries and wondered why there are no B size batteries. Why does it go from AAA to AA to A to C to D. Why is B skipped?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because there's already a B in Battery? :tongue:

but then there's also an A in there too....

I thought that there might have been a B battery but I wasn't looking hard enough, lol. I think it would work better as roman numerals anyway :yes: