User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthtuk View Post
    Dude! Ants! How did i not think of that...

Those little hive-minded bastards must have something to do with this! Maybe carrying a fliped cockroach back to the nest is easier! Maybe they have a 3 step procedure regarding cockroaches!

1- Find Cockroach
    2- Flip Cockroach
    3- Bring back to the nest and feast
    That's an interesting theory.
    I was thinking, perhaps the cockroach got kicked accidentally and wasn't able to leave the fliped position, ending up dead.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

http://bugguide.net/node/view/194147

We are definitely not alone!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I was thinking, perhaps the cockroach got kicked accidentally and wasn't able to leave the fliped position, ending up dead.
    This is what I thought as well.

More to the point, I do this kind of thing all the time. I'm trying to remember some situations...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Yes, sir. All the time.

Like yesterday I was at work using the vacuum seal machine which makes this awesome sound like someone inhaling really hard through a gas mask and then exhaling really hard. And I asked the butchers standing around me "man, wouldn't it be hilarious if we all breathed like this vac machine? We wouldn't be able to sneak up on anyone! We'd have to reinvent sneaking."

And the one guy was like "oh I guess you mean breathing like Darth Vadar?" and I said "no, breathing like this vac machine, but I bet Vadar was terrible at sneaking....though I guess he didn't have to be good at it cause he could just crush someone with the Force or something."

And so forth. But it really tickled me to think about it. I got a huge kick! Even though no one else seemed to find it AS interesting a topic to speculate on.
    That's definitely Ne. All the ENFPs I've ever known would have thought almost the exact same thing. I find that kind of thing humorous, but my mind won't go that direction on its own in the first place.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Question "useless" stuff? Of course. I have but few options ahead of me.

A. I take other's words for it that it's supposed to happen without understanding why....not happening.
    B. I research the subject and take the authorities view as gospel....not happening.
    C. I ascertain for myself the veracity of a situation, mull over all inputs and then decide on a nebulous which contains mostly correct information which I then use to postulate and theories to be stated later...

It's just logical!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Question "useless" stuff? Of course. I have but few options ahead of me.

A. I take other's words for it that it's supposed to happen without understanding why....not happening.
    B. I research the subject and take the authorities view as gospel....not happening.
    C. I ascertain for myself the veracity of a situation, mull over all inputs and then decide on a nebulous which contains mostly correct information which I then use to postulate and theories to be stated later...

It's just logical!
    Well put.

I trust my own logic more than other's. Even "authoritative sources."

Because if I've come to the point where I've reached a logical conclusion, then at least I know I've understood it well enough for it to be "worthy" of my trust. Trusting in something that I neither have adaquate information on or a clear understanding of just doesn't happen.

Question everything!

Another thing I've been curious about/speculating on:

Why is it that we tend to show preference (and therefore dominance) for one hand? Usually, anyway (I know very few ambidextrous people).

Wouldn't it make MORE SENSE if we all were ambidextrous? And if we designed our modern world to fit in with us all being ambidextrous? Instead of having the majority of things designed for right-handed people.

I know there was the whole "left handed people are the devil" thing, but nowadays that isn't a popular notion, yet the majority of us are still right handed.

What's up with that?? Why is it that way?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I am not alien to such abnormal behaviour.

(See what I did there?)

As for left and right hand, I believe it has a lot to do with our brain.

What's weird is that my mother is definately 'right handed' but she writes with her left hand. Just because she started out writing left. But in every way she feels her right hand as being the dominate one.

Also kinda weird. My right hand is dominant and stronger but my left arm has the bigger muscles (probably from carrying my expensive watch all these years).
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Today I went to the store to get batteries and wondered why there are no B size batteries. Why does it go from AAA to AA to A to C to D. Why is B skipped?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Because there's already a B in Battery?

but then there's also an A in there too....

I thought that there might have been a B battery but I wasn't looking hard enough, lol. I think it would work better as roman numerals anyway