User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    entp

Wink I don't quite understand the reasoning for the MBTI Typology...

Why did I join this website? Idk...

Just curious ; If anyone doesn't mind me asking why are you interested in the MBTI? Why confine yourself to someone else's defintion of "who you are". To me it all just seems like a way to confine and restrict your identity. That's just the way I see it,
    I would love to hear what you think!

Post away!!

And yes I have never done this before..

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Don't want to restrict yourself to putting any credit in MBTI? Your god given right. In order to prevent confining yourself to a definition of "who you are"? You're doing a good job at that yourself, aren't you?

It's not about confining or restricting at all. It's about showing your strengths and weakness and learning to deal with both. It's about expanding your identity.

Not seeking out for answers, however categorial and meaningless they may seem at first glance, will definately cramp your style though. That is a fact.

MBTI is not perfect, it doesn't say it is perfect, it doesn't aim to be perfect. But it helps optimizing a lot of aspects of yourself.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

To understand me and other people better, to better recognize potential flaws and potential benefits in myself, to better recognize which traits would make girls more compatible with me, to understand why some very intelligent people sometimes don't make logic, to accept people that are different from myself, etc.
    Welcome.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbfehr1 View Post

Just curious ; If anyone doesn't mind me asking why are you interested in the MBTI? Why confine yourself to someone else's defintion of "who you are". To me it all just seems like a way to confine and restrict your identity. That's just the way I see it,

Post away!!

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Post away!!

Same reason I learned Spanish - so I can speak to people from Spanish-speaking countries.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hello!

I guess the question is, why did you put ENTP in your type field?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned

To me it all just seems like a way to confine and restrict your identity.
    Or, is it revealing something that you didn't understand about yourself? It depends how deep down the rabbit hole you go.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Same reason I learned Spanish - so I can speak to people from Spanish-speaking countries.

This is the best reason I've given myself.

It's like stamp collecting or cataloging (ie. it's a hobby), except the other people who share my hobby seem vastly more interesting and diverse than what you find with other things.

As is stands, I can't find many really good reasons for MBTI either, but neither can I for stamp collecting.

MBTI
    entp

Thanks to everyone who posted!!

I just don't find it very useful in daily life. Im certaintly not saying that it's not, just probably not for me.
    I think everyone is ruled by their own goals,interests,motivations and MBTI just doesn't "fit" for mine.
    I believe you have to follow your own reasoning above all else(not because it's better, but because of the reasons I stated above) and this seems to me the only logical way to continue on my journey. (Not sure why I am posting this, I probably just feel like communicating what I think..must be the E in me. haha)

I wish everyone the best! Thanks again.
    Man I got really sappy. maybe I'm a feeling type? or maybe I just don't understand MBTI. As you can see my interest for MBTI is still high and will probably become my new "obsession". No worries though, being an ENTP, I know it won't last long!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ i agree with all you have said, but i have found it honestly useful in communicating with my INTP dad and ENFJ friend - strategies that i would probably not have learned for a very long time otherwise. my dad, for instance - i can't listen to his emotional tone to find his meaning. with me, my emotional tone often means more than my exact words. and with my ENFJ friend, FJs can get offended over things that are not even on my radar. (and vice versa, of course). so i find that it is useful in that light.

but by no means is categorization the answer to life.

also - MBTI is supposed to describe only cognition patterns - not interests, motivations, or behavior - though there are often correlations. anyone who uses it dogmatically is not to be trusted in my books.