• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are NTJs more like NFPs than NTPs?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm...

I really like EXTJs, but I wonder if it is more respect than affinity. I know some in real life, and I find it hard to describe. Maybe they have what I want to be? Te dom?

In addition, some are in my classes. They tend to talk to me after class and participate a lot, but I wonder if it is more about getting a good grade on their part than real interest...Feels real, but I don't know.

Almost every single guy I ever dated was an ISTP or an INTP, if I've typed them right, which I might not have. My husband is INTP, I believe. These guys make me feel really, really happy and wonderful, but they piss me off the most, too, if there's something wrong. It's like, when things are great, I'm in 7th heaven, but when they aren't, I wanna throw them out the window. I think I get along the best with these IXTP types when it comes to partners. But INTP is the best because we have the common Ne. Se types baffle and bother me after a while. It's like initially wheee but then ughhhhhh.

With IXTJ, I crush on almost all of them, even the gay ones. I'm not sure what my problem is in that regard. Might be like the allure of something *different* and mysterious and cerebral. <3333 But I'm not sure if we'd make good partners because I never dated one.

A

Anew Leaf

One question remains: what to do as an entp to better yourself in dealing with Fi people ? ( recommendations that involve showing ones own emotions will be automatically rejected :) )

Hmm, could you narrow the parameters a bit? I find that I have plenty to say, but I feel like I am all over the board. Do you mean as in a relationship with someone with Fi? Or friendship? Or just people you meet in your job, parties, etc?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nah its ok that would become too complicated too quickly for my little brain to understand

bionic

Permabanned
Uh... I'm not like a NFP or NTP at all. I don't understand how this could be plausible when all the functions are different.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose I can appear more SFP**** than NTP. Totally different function usage fails to make me fathom how this is even possible.

I have my ESFP stress mode when I have a little too much sugar. Or when I am angry and Se + Fi goes on an emotional rampage. Te wants to control the situation and lets Fi do all the angry emotions and Se just destroys whatever is in the way, literally speaking. Ni, well.... it just takes a back seat and watches it as a movie. Ni loves sugary popcorn because it makes Ni all sleepy and lazy.