User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Anew Leaf

Some brief thoughts... I find that Fe-Doms are more intrusive than Fe-users.

Having an EXFJ hug you, wanting attention, demanding you love them.... it's all very exhausting after awhile.

Having a Fe-user hug you, wanting attention.... is much easier to deal with as a Fi-dom... I don't get worn out from them usually.

And in regards to hugging...

If I hug someone or let myself be hugged.... it is kind of a Big Deal for me. For me physical touch is kind of a special thing, and something I only do with people I find special. I also just want to respect other people's space and right to their space. If I am in a relationship then I can be very affectionate. (Very affectionate for me as a Fi user, probably not anywhere near too affectionate for a Fe-user.) So I kind of "save up" my snuggling for the few people I treasure the most. It's like giving them a gift of myself in a manner that few will see.

My ENFJ friend has helped get me out of my shell quite a bit. However, the end result is that I simply show MORE affection for my current friends... I don't expand outwards with people that aren't in my Fi-zone.

I never understood the functions until recently... and it does make me laugh seeing the differences between Fi-user and Fe-user. My XNTP friends are SOO affectionate! I get hugs from them all the time, they will sit close with me on the couch, throw their arm around me, etc. My NTJ friends are so extra reserved. My ENTJ friend gave me a hug a few months ago - first physical touch ever - and it was like such an awkward moment for us. I was like "crap, is John dying?!! Why is he touching me?"

Conversely, I have a customer who is an ESFJ who ALWAYS has to hug me. It drives me INSANE. She reeks of perfume, has this super high pitched voice and yells, "HONEY BUN I NEED A HUG!!" (In my head I am thinking, I need a shot gun.) There was one day that I was determined to move heaven and earth to avoid getting a hug.... so I just kept walking fast away from her... around my store... finally hid in the bathroom for a bit.... came out, and boom! she was waiting for me. Ugh, it's like being stalked.

In conclusion as a Fi-dom person, I likes teh hugz from peapullz ah laks. Ah dun laks teh hugs from peapull ah dun lak.

P.S. I also like to test the waters with people at times... "Aww, you're being so cute I just want to hug you!" Is me scoping out the territory... to see if I did hug them if they would be happy or secretly cringing at the moment.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    @skylights: Thanks for the input. *Hugs you (whether you like it or not)*. Haha.
    0_0"

haha jk you can has hugz.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Conversely, I have a customer who is an ESFJ who ALWAYS has to hug me. It drives me INSANE. She reeks of perfume, has this super high pitched voice and yells, "HONEY BUN I NEED A HUG!!" (In my head I am thinking, I need a shot gun.)

that sounds HORRIBLE.

i have a close, longtime ESFJ friend who always squees (yes, there really is no other word more accurate for it) my name when she sees me (in private, not in public, lol) and throws her arms up, and it concerned me a bit at first but it's actually sort of adorable. it makes me laugh because she really genuinely loves so many people and likes hugging them. she doesn't do it with new acquaintances, but once you're in "the fold", you're hug material. and it's like, um, i saw you a day ago. she doesn't care. she's still THAT happy to see you. but she is a comfortable hugger - not too long, not to tight, not awkward. plus she's always clean and pretty and smells nice but not overpowering, so i don't mind

i feel like that ^ is how it should be done.

Unbridled Ne hops, skips and jumps, creating unnecessary drama from misunderstandings or deliberate attempts to manipulate. It's easier for me to connect with a Ti-dom since their thoughts are easier to follow.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Unbridled Ne hops, skips and jumps, creating unnecessary drama from misunderstandings or deliberate attempts to manipulate. It's easier for me to connect with a Ti-dom since their thoughts are easier to follow.
    So, basically INTP > ENxP ??? I'd have to agree with your assessment.

*comes to the realization that he just "created unnecessary drama from a misunderstanding" and made a "deliberate attempt to manipulate"*

In all seriousness, I've realized that the reason I "get" ENTJ's more than other NT's is because of the shared T-dom. I think INTJ's and ENTP's connect more as N-doms, while INTP-ENTJ connect as T-doms. Although, INTP/ENTP connect with Ne/Ti. And INTJ/ENTJ probably connect with Ni/Te. INTP/INTJ and ENTP/ENTJ interactions are probably still mysteries to be solved.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    So, basically INTP > ENxP ??? I'd have to agree with your assessment.

*comes to the realization that he just "created unnecessary drama from a misunderstanding" and made a "deliberate attempt to manipulate"*

In all seriousness, I've realized that the reason I "get" ENTJ's more than other NT's is because of the shared T-dom. I think INTJ's and ENTP's connect more as N-doms, while INTP-ENTJ connect as T-doms. Although, INTP/ENTP connect with Ne/Ti. And INTJ/ENTJ probably connect with Ni/Te. INTP/INTJ and ENTP/ENTJ interactions are probably still mysteries to be solved.
    Ha ha...did your ENTP inner child just peep out?

The comment about Ne doms covers ENxPs but solely for the unbridled ones. Most female ENTPs have found a way to manage their Ne-domness, as well as some male ENTPs and some female ENFPs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

NTJs are more like NFPs in some ways and more like NTPs in others. /thread
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Bump thread.

Just joking, freeky. You summed it up well.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    0_0"

haha jk you can has hugz.

that sounds HORRIBLE.

i have a close, longtime ESFJ friend who always squees (yes, there really is no other word more accurate for it) my name when she sees me (in private, not in public, lol) and throws her arms up, and it concerned me a bit at first but it's actually sort of adorable. it makes me laugh because she really genuinely loves so many people and likes hugging them. she doesn't do it with new acquaintances, but once you're in "the fold", you're hug material. and it's like, um, i saw you a day ago. she doesn't care. she's still THAT happy to see you. but she is a comfortable hugger - not too long, not to tight, not awkward. plus she's always clean and pretty and smells nice but not overpowering, so i don't mind

i feel like that ^ is how it should be done.
    It is horrible. It's at least the 4th circle of hell for me.

My ENFJ friend is like your friend there a bit... although she does it in public too. I have finally gotten used to it and I hug back with her and get affectionate. (Took me a couple years though, haha!) And I must admit that it is rather nice at times to be loved so much your friend can't help but show it! But this allowance is rare and must be earned.... via adorable animal photo sacrifice.... etc.

Haha, I can relate. Or just plain talking too much. One of my best friends is an ENTP... and when he's feeling comfy he says EVERYTHING that comes to mind. He's married to an INTJ and this hilarious conversation took place this weekend:

INTJ: honey can you get my sweater from the car? I'm kinda cold.
    ENTP: Ok, can you get my keys out of my pocket? My hands are greasy.
    INTJ: Ugh, again?! Why do you always need me to get your keys for you!
    ENTP: No, wrong pocket.... try the middle pocket... *waggles eyebrows at her*
    INTJ: GAH! Why are you saying this stuff in front of other people!!
    ENTP: Oh yes, reach deep in my pocket!

At this point his audience of primarily NPs started laughing pretty hard.

Ah, INTJs.... the verbal distillers.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I remember the time on this forum when entp's were wanted beings, now folks are amassing against. You are an unthankful audience.

But for your convenience, I felt always alone, in the time I was liked and in the time not.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I remember the time on this forum when entp's were wanted beings, now folks are amassing against. You are an unthankful audience.

But for your convenience, I felt always alone, in the time I was liked and in the time not.
    You're still here? We thought we had driven you ENTP's off. Well, anyways, welcome back.