User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

That sounds more like my INTP SO. To me, clutter and messiness is the visual equivalent of noise. Yes, I can ignore both when I am intently focused on something, especially when I am in someone else's space. But mess/noise in my own space feels very uncomfortable, and it is hard to relax in such a setting.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I agree that Ne is like it's own language (lord knows there are a ridiculous number of communication errors between myself and my INTJ best friend) but NTJs and NFPs seem to be more similar internally and value the same things (as InvisibleJim stated, it's probably Fi/Te)
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    what that translates to IRL is that an INTJ and i are more likely to agree in an intellectual debate but an INTP and i can both hang out in a really messy room without experiencing a high level of cognitive dissonance
    EDIT FOR INVISIBLEIJIM:
    I have to disagree with these points. First off corelating values/ethics/morals as cognitive processes is wrong. They have very little to do with types. (I do understand skylights may not have said this directly, but bare with me) How the different cognitive processes word their conclusion might be very different even if their aim is the same. Like a marksman can stand in many angles but still hit the same spot. That dont mean you as a Fi user are more likely to agree with a Te user in a debate. You may have a slightly better chance understanding the words, but may disagree with the aim.*

I may morally and internally agree more with a Fi user than a Fe user and dont understand how the Fe user could ever think or behave in such a manner. Why would you think that type means behavior and ethics/morals? Its cognitive processes to generate the input you recieve and then communicate it out, not your whole consciousness. They may be support for how you rationalize but is not the deciding factor for the choices you make in life.

* = Basically communication and understanding how to speak to others, so to be better understood, is learning how to listen and understand the other person. Every type is able to do so and understand any other cognitive process if they actually take the time.
    Last edited by slowriot; 05-24-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    cognitive processes have very little to do with types.
    My head just exploded.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    My head just exploded.
    That was his intent. Game over.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    That was his intent. Game over.
    Damn. Forgot to quick save.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

My head just exploded.
    awwwww aint that sad, kitty cant read properly

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

cognitive processes have very little to do with types.
    My head just exploded.
    Damn it, here we go again...
    Jim, you just do not get along with INTPs, do you?
    These constant skirmishes you get yourself involved in, to me, are funny; mainly because my sister is an INTP and we get along just great. I wonder if it's the the type (or flavor, if you will) of INTJ you are that makes it difficult for you. Or maybe all the INTPs here are just argumentative or provocative by nature. Hmmm... something to think on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    These constant skirmishes you get yourself involved in, to me, are funny; mainly because my sister is an INTP and we get along just great. I wonder if it's the the type (or flavor, if you will) of INTJ you are that makes it difficult for you. Or maybe all the INTPs here are just argumentative or provocative by nature. Hmmm... something to think on.
    LOL

Banned

I get on fine with 90% of people although I only get on 'well' with 1% of people. Believe it or not this 90% easily includes Slowriot. Regardless of this, if people raise a technical point that defies logic I reserve the right to allow my mind to explode.

This especially includes occasions where we pretend that MBTI, a system derived from Jung's cognitive processes by Myers and Briggs is referred to as a system 'which has very little to do with' said cognitive processes.

I'm not going to argue that 'in reality' most MBTI'd people could give two flying cockerels about cognitive processes, but that doesn't mean we should accept the 'lowest common denominator' when I'm discussing type with someone who has shared much of the same forum space with myself over the past 3 years.

What I would recommend for you, however is that you do not get involved in a technical argument by making it an issue regarding one individual versus another. Nothing is served in any discussion if you are really going to be foolish enough to step into that spot. Especially as an interfering third party.

In Summary

a) Yes, what Slow just said blew my mind, but it's not personal.
    b) I have more respect for Mr. Riot than you know, but I found the technical details wanting.
    c) Mind your own.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I can't say I blame him. it's not even really that I dislike INTPs (I think they're friggin geniuses actually), I just find them impossible to communicate with sometimes, in much the same way that I could see an INTJ having struggles with them. you see INTJs are all about what's the core issue? how do I solve the puzzle? what's the one piece of information with which I can move a mountain? while INTPs value more the technicalities of the project, and will argue those to you before you've even decided the direction you want to go in.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire