Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    How noble of you Some of my professors insisted that I couldn't talk to them outside of class... such weirdos.
    I'm not sure if it's noble or just self-protective. It just doesn't seem sensible.

Oh he was cool. He made a lasting impression on me. Sometimes things are good as what they are.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm not sure if it's noble or just self-protective. It just doesn't seem sensible.

Oh he was cool. He made a lasting impression on me. Sometimes things are good as what they are.
    I had one professor like that. Then I found out he was fired because he was gay and openly hit on some students.
    "Others should not judge what you truly are, instead you should find yourself. You may find yourself in a bowl of cereal or dreaming of the unknown, but make sure it is you who finds you." - Myself

ENTP
    Extroverted (E) 56.76% Introverted (I) 43.24%
    Intuitive (N) 64.29% Sensing (S) 35.71%
    Thinking (T) 62.5% Feeling (F) 37.5%
    Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    I had one professor like that. Then I found out he was fired because he was gay and openly hit on some students.
    Oh man that sucks. I guess professors have to be careful even if they're working with adults and not minors. :/

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh man that sucks. I guess professors have to be careful even if they're working with adults and not minors. :/
    Sexual preference aside, he was my favorite math professor. Shame... brilliant guy too.
    "Others should not judge what you truly are, instead you should find yourself. You may find yourself in a bowl of cereal or dreaming of the unknown, but make sure it is you who finds you." - Myself

ENTP
    Extroverted (E) 56.76% Introverted (I) 43.24%
    Intuitive (N) 64.29% Sensing (S) 35.71%
    Thinking (T) 62.5% Feeling (F) 37.5%
    Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it seems to me that NTJs are really more like NFPs than they are like NTPs and NFPs are more like NTJs than NFJs. do the NTJs (and NTPs) on this forum agree with this?
    I agree with you not.

Ne and Ni are like languages. NPs all speak Ne, and conversely all NJs speak Ni. I get connected and along with NPs at the drop of a hat, regardless of whether they are T or F. I still get along with NJs, but it isn't nearly as magnetic as the NP connection is. I often have a hard time even deciphering if an NJ is actually an NJ and not an SJ. I usually have to get to know them fairly well before I can really figure it out. NPs - it's like spotting a toupee on a guy who has blond hair but has insisted that his hair cap be neon blue.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I agree with you not.

Ne and Ni are like languages. NPs all speak Ne, and conversely all NJs speak Ni. I get connected and along with NPs at the drop of a hat, regardless of whether they are T or F. I still get along with NJs, but it isn't nearly as magnetic as the NP connection is. I often have a hard time even deciphering if an NJ is actually an NJ and not an SJ. I usually have to get to know them fairly well before I can really figure it out. NPs - it's like spotting a toupee on a guy who has blond hair but has insisted that his hair cap be neon blue.
    This, to some extent. It's more like NFPs are the only extroverted type (aside from the rare skilled NTP) that can lure NTJs out of their shell. And it's because they speak that different language. I totally don't understand it, it frustrates me, but it's attractive and I want to understand more, so I go out and see what the fuss is about.

When I talk with other NT/SJ people, though? It's like a button clicks. We (generally) understand the subtle meanings, the rules, how to interact appropriately, and will hit it off. Granted, some can be confusing, but I feel like I speak their "language" better than that of NFPs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I agree that Ne is like it's own language (lord knows there are a ridiculous number of communication errors between myself and my INTJ best friend) but NTJs and NFPs seem to be more similar internally and value the same things (as InvisibleJim stated, it's probably Fi/Te)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i think i made this same statement in a thread about NFJ/NTPs... but i think that when it comes to behavior, all Ps are going to be more alike, but when it comes to the ways in which we conceive our judgments, NTJs and NFPs are often more alike - the Te/Fi connection. but that's true in particular for INTJ/ENFP, because our Te and Fi are in the 2nd and 3rd order, and then just switched. whereas it's a bit farther from INFP FiNeSiTe to ENTJ TeNiSeFi.

what that translates to IRL is that an INTJ and i are more likely to agree in an intellectual debate but an INTP and i can both hang out in a really messy room without experiencing a high level of cognitive dissonance

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i think i made this same statement in a thread about NFJ/NTPs... but i think that when it comes to behavior, all Ps are going to be more alike, but when it comes to the ways in which we conceive our judgments, NTJs and NFPs are often more alike - the Te/Fi connection. but that's true in particular for INTJ/ENFP, because our Te and Fi are in the 2nd and 3rd order, and then just switched. whereas it's a bit farther from INFP FiNeSiTe to ENTJ TeNiSeFi.

what that translates to IRL is that an INTJ and i are more likely to agree in an intellectual debate but an INTP and i can both hang out in a really messy room without experiencing a high level of cognitive dissonance
    actually, most of the INTJs I know would find having a messy room completely inconsequential. this goes back to my last post about NTJs and NFPs frequently agreeing on what is important STJs will pretty much organize everything, INTJs only organize things that are important, which is usually organization of more theoretical constructs and implementation plans. the archtype of a mad scientist studying manically for days without sleep with a messy desk who all of a sudden bounces off the wall at a new discovery is an INTJ or INFJ
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, most of the INTJs I know would find having a messy room completely inconsequential. this goes back to my last post about NTJs and NFPs frequently agreeing on what is important STJs will pretty much organize everything, INTJs only organize things that are important, which is usually organization of more theoretical constructs and implementation plans. the archtype of a mad scientist studying manically for days without sleep with a messy desk who all of a sudden bounces off the wall at a new discovery is an INTJ or INFJ
    This is true. Or we practice the "disorganized order" method. My room is a complete mess, but I know where everything is at all times. It's more appealing when it's clean, to be sure, but I still don't freak out about the messes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."