• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP/ISTP relationship

R

Riva

^ Well some guys need to be shaken a bit. *shrugs*

*Shaken up,* missed the up in the shaken.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
ENTPS are wicked, I wish I had more ENTP friends.I find they are a rare breed. :yes:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISTPS are wicked, I wish I had more ISTP friends.I find they are a rare breed. :biggrin:

pmg_entp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
There is no one in the world an ISTP trusts more than themselves. On the other hand, there is nothing an ENTP trusts more than complete understanding. ENTP should be very vocal early on to iron out inherent personality differences, but not TOO early on. If ISTP has been given the time to decide the person is worth investing their time and energy into, they trust that judgement call and want to put in the work. The ENTP will have to relinquish their need for total understanding if they want it to work, but that lesson is beneficial for someone that has a tendency to be overbearing. Because the weaknesses of both types can translate into the other's biggest annoyances, there is actually huge potential for personal growth if the couple communicates well.

On the other hand, because of those big differences, there must be a lot of common ground for it to work long-term. My ISTP and I share similar ideologies, life goals, and perspectives on interpreting the world around us. It will be impossible to avoid conflict, so you need a strong foundation to conquer hard times. ISTPs get a bad rap, which they honestly deserve lol, but once they are all in there is no turning back. ISTP are fiercely loyal, and even though they make it very hard, they are extremely grateful for the person that truly sees them for who they are because they are so often misunderstood.

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
My little brother is an ISTP. The older we get, the more serious he gets and the more I like to annoy him. He also often calls me crazy. The funny part is that he acknowledges that I am smarter than him, but act way more childish, and it goes on his nerves. We often discuss who is better where and to be honest, he has more strength than me, despite being two years younger. We agreed that I am the brain and he’s the arms. I also noted that sometimes he is colder than me, but loses his temper way faster. If we go in a argument he often starts to get violent, because I know how to play with his words. The fun part is that does mma and I krav maga. We don’t harm each other but it is often spectacular.

I also observed him with his friends. We have friends who are brothers and have their birthday the same day. They threw a party at home both inviting their friends. It was really surprised because at home he is the loudest of the family, but once he is in a group he gets quiet and serious. While I’m talking to everyone.

Sometimes we do us some pranks. He isn’t really creative. He once took tape and taped a few things in my bedroom. To avenge myself, I went a bit further. He is slightly superstitious. So I created this masterplan. I placed a gopro in his room where he wouldn’t find it. I connected it with my tablet. Then I placed my UE Megaboom in his closet and a little speaker under his bed. Those were relied to my Laptop and my phone. When he got to bed and turned off the light, I waited 10 minutes, and then the show began. Creepy sounds coming from the closet, then under the bed. As soon as he turned on the light, I muted them. I could see what he was doing, thanks to the GoPro. And when he got back to bed, I started again. On YouTube, I found the voice of a German woman talking like a ghost, saying that she will kill him. It was perfect. He was so scared that he went out of his room and came to mine to ask me if I heard the same things. He then realized, when he saw all my setup, that I was the one behind all of this.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Before my current partner, I had a thing with an ENTP: