User Tag List

First 123 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    -ISTPS always ask questions, if anything ISTPs are one of the most curious type due to their strong Ti function so you're defiantly wrong there.
    I appreciate the clarification. What you said about Ti makes sense. I'm speculating here... Do you think you ask questions more often in a work related setting because you're trying to learn? My initial thoughts on this were in terms of personal interactions when getting to know someone. The style I recall for the ISTP was a ramble flow; not a mutual curiousity per say. I ask a lot of questions when I'm getting to know someone and I love reciprocation.

Do you think that maybe ya'll need more time to think things through before engaging in personal questions? I'm guessing also, that an ENTP doesn't allow sufficient response time, so we end up talking over y'all, or moving forward in the coversation. Once that happens a couple of times, I'm guessing the ISTP decides what's the use in trying.

See, so many questions! : D

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Well, based on a platonic relationship with an ISTP friend of mine, it's fun but man, we can totally rub each other the wrong way sometimes.

He can get irritated when I go off on speculative and abstract tangents and I can get irritated when he doesn't run with an idea or when he starts to be condescending cause he doesn't think I have any sense and that my tangents suggest I'm clueless.

But really, we make good friends. And I kind of enjoy it when things get a little antagonistic between us. It's interesting and I like that he calls me out on things. Really we just tease each other a lot and as long as neither of us gets serious about it, it all works out.
    That's been my experience as well and I don't think they appreciate our jokes or speculation when it's at their expense. :p

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I appreciate the clarification. What you said about Ti makes sense. I'm speculating here... Do you think you ask questions more often in a work related setting because you're trying to learn? My initial thoughts on this were in terms of personal interactions when getting to know someone. The style I recall for the ISTP was a ramble flow; not a mutual curiousity per say. I ask a lot of questions when I'm getting to know someone and I love reciprocation.

Do you think that maybe ya'll need more time to think things through before engaging in personal questions? I'm guessing also, that an ENTP doesn't allow sufficient response time, so we end up talking over y'all, or moving forward in the coversation. Once that happens a couple of times, I'm guessing the ISTP decides what's the use in trying.

See, so many questions! : D

That's been my experience as well and I don't think they appreciate our jokes or speculation when it's at their expense. :p
    Well you have to understand that all introverts not just ISTP's hate when you ask too many questions about them, this is because we precieve it as a possible threat or attack against us which could infarct be true. When I don't know someone or i'm weary about their presence I can't stand when they try to invade my space and ask all sorts of questions about me, that's just personal. In a work/ school related setting I ask a ton of questions but that's because it's not really personal and it caters towards a general curiosity about things. I think you or possibility other "EN's" have to understand is that not everyone is willing to share personal information so easily and not everyone thinks you are worthy of automatically being their friend. On the contrary If i like you and know you well, I will share my personal self more freely.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTPxISTP is one of the best matches I've ever experienced. +it's hillarious
    Oh yeah?

istp's..... always end up friends with em

Riva

Default I would advice against it.

ENTPs more than any type I know (well I haven't been in some other skin) wants to feel admired. They are in their nature very very boyish. And they want attention. They want their boyish charms to be rewarded. And recognition and admiration is the best way they receive it.

In every stage of their lives they have had someone or a group of people who admired them. Their parents/family when they were kids, their closest friends and teachers (especially he female teachers) during their adolescence, the girls in to their adulthood, their lover for the rest of their lives, their kids when they are parents, etc goes on like this. And the fans in the fan club never drops. The people they met and admired them will always admire them as long as they still remember. (Mind you, ENTPs are not easy to forget.)

ENTPs love to be admired. And love their bad reputation and especially love girls who love their bad reputation . Well anyway this is why ENTPs feels so attracted to ISFJs who love them. They are good attention givers and ENTPs are like rechargeable batteries who needs continuous attention to be charged. They need others in their lives who admire them. Lest they feels a bit down. If you look closely they always seem to hang ou with people who admire them of whom ENTPs bounce off their ideas.

Well I am feeling a bit sleepy now. *Yawns* And I don't believe ISTPs are the ones who are the best at providing those feelings of admiration. But never underestimate the power of love at 1st site. you never know.
    Last edited by Riva; 06-21-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by theadoor View Post
    ENTPxISTP is one of the best matches I've ever experienced. +it's hillarious
    hahahha it's very funny, me and my ENTP buddy cause a ruckus when we go out we have endless stories. It's like we both have some kind of hidden agena. Partners in crime type of thing.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    ENTPs more than any type I know (well I haven't been in some other skin) wants to feel admired. They are in their nature very very boyish. And they want attention. They want their boyish charms to be rewarded. And recognition and admiration is the best way they receive it.

In every stage of their lives they have had someone or a group of people who admired them. Their parents/family when they were kids, their closest friends and teachers (especially he female teachers) during their adolescence, the girls in to their adulthood, their lover for the rest of their lives, their kids when they are parents, etc goes on like this. And the fans in the fan club never drops. The people they met and admired them will always admire them as long as they have still remember. (Mind you, ENTPs are not easy to forget.)

ENTPs love to be admired. And love their bad reputation and especially love girls who love their bad reputation . Well anyway this is why ENTPs feels so attracted to ISFJs who loves them. They are good attention givers and ENTPs are like rechargeable batteries who needs continuous attention to be charged. They need others in their lives who admire them. Lest they feels a bit down. If you look closely they always seem to hang ou with people who admire them of whom ENTPs bounce off their ideas.

Well I am feeling a bit sleepy now. *Yawns* And I don't believe ISTPs are the ones who are the best at providing those feelings of admiration. But never underestimate the power of love at 1st site. you never know.

well, if your hobbies involve cnc machine building and you have like zero friends having the same hobby and are considered by the majority of people as a total nutjob, you of course crave for someone liking you. If you of course want them to admire you or to worship, you prolly have a God complex.

Normally everywhere I go, I am the über-nerd. Still people respect me cause I am nice to them and I am competent in my things and they can use me. I had far too few istps in my life, only two: my Dad and my best friend. I tend to think of istps as the only ones with whom I can do all the crazy shit coming to mind. I have had the craziest spontaneous ideas with my father and the filthiest booze escapades with my buddy. I dunno, I am convinced if there were no istps I'd have no friends, I'd be quite alone.

I like istps cause I can trust them, I know they wont ever shit me and thats a gift ultimatively rare within humanity. I'd trust my best friend with the life of my kids tho I know he likes to strip in public places when he is drunk. Thats a sort of trust that is completly unique and does only happen if you really love someone.

I have to tell my best friend again that I love him again, I think I'll send him a message now

Besides all that I dont think istps dont like to be liked, why otherwise would they bring so much good humor and one-liners in a group. You dont do that just because it makes you horny (well maybe you dont do that to get horny 90% of the time xD)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Riva

well, if your hobbies involve cnc machine building and you have like zero friends having the same hobby and are considered by the majority of people as a total nutjob, you of course crave for someone liking you. If you of course want them to admire you or to worship, you prolly have a God complex.
    My post is about ENTP, ISTP relationships/ affairs.Not about friendships. You should read the title of a thread, the OP and the post you are quoting before forming an answer in your head. Because once an answer in formed, no matter how unrelated it is, it is hard not to post it. Which is obviously the case in you/ your post I'm referring to.

Riva

And you are referring to ENTP, ISTp frienships, and I was referring to ENTP, ISTP affairs. Gosh how unrelated your reply is.

I have to tell my best friend again that I love him again, I think I'll send him a message now

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

ya, I told the officer today in the morning when he asked me "if i am drunk" that I have a plastic gun in my car that looks like his and "if he wants to see it". He hated that aswell and took me with him in chains to the department...

you know some guys just try too hard
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]