User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Exhausted Te?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default Exhausted Te?

Did your Te ever get tired? If yes, how do you deal with it? How does it feel?

I think I'm in that situation now. It probably means I need vacation. It is even reflected in the Cognitive Function Test... from +50% down to just below 40%.

I feel like I don't want to deal with the world right now.... just wanna stay at home, no parties. I still have my plans and schedule, but I don't feel alive while executing them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

If it has, it was from underuse and atrophy. The less you plan, the harder it becomes to make yourself.

I'm thinking your situation probably has to do with something other than cognitive functions...something like depression, maybe.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    something like depression, maybe.
    I was thinking about that option... haven't been able to rule it out.

Also interesting: My Fi rose almost by the same degree with which my Te sank.

Is this a Ni-Fi loop? Never really understood what that is.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

If I need to apply Te in situations involving minimal Ni, that can be tiring if it goes on very long. A prime example is sorting and cataloging existing information, or doing detail-oriented work like proofreading. I have to force my mind to focus on the task and not to wander. To me, this is an unbalanced use of Te, in that it is almost leading rather than acting as an aux function, a bit like trying to hop everywhere on one foot rather than walk on two legs. I suspect some of the fatigue comes from trying to maintain that focus, and essentially keep Ni curbed until appropriate.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If I need to apply Te in situations involving minimal Ni, that can be tiring
    I wanted to say the same thing. Totally agree with you! That kind of ISTJ work where you can't use your imagination or intuition... really drains me.

MBTI
    ENTP

exhausted Te= Annoying Te

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    exhausted Te= Annoying Te
    All Te = annoying Te

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Hm. Can't say I relate. I find Te kind of relaxing and empowering actually. When I'm not able to use it, the chaos just drains me.

However, I loathe Si. That is the function that drains me. (I need to get over that).
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If I need to apply Te in situations involving minimal Ni, that can be tiring if it goes on very long. A prime example is sorting and cataloging existing information, or doing detail-oriented work like proofreading. I have to force my mind to focus on the task and not to wander. To me, this is an unbalanced use of Te, in that it is almost leading rather than acting as an aux function, a bit like trying to hop everywhere on one foot rather than walk on two legs. I suspect some of the fatigue comes from trying to maintain that focus, and essentially keep Ni curbed until appropriate.
    I have the same problem. If you ask me to proofread something, I'll do it...for half a page. Then my mind wanders off the page, thinking about what I'd like to do next. But I have ADHD.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance View Post
    Did your Te ever get tired? If yes, how do you deal with it? How does it feel?
    At times. When I am faced with senseless opposition, or nonsensical unproductive conflicts..especially the ones where you're getting attacked for who you are and for your ideas or work. Basically, when others are being total idiots.

I get tired of it and often times feel like walking away from it all. To hell with it if it all crumbles.

I feel like I don't want to deal with the world right now.... just wanna stay at home, no parties. I still have my plans and schedule, but I don't feel alive while executing them.
    Yeah, at times like these I simply retreat and immerse myself in books, documentaries and do things I like.