User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NTs are at the bottom of society

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    It seems you are equally biased in assuming NT's are at the top. It depends what's important to a person, thinking or feeling.
    I wouldn't say that I'm equally biased, but I am somewhat biased. Saying that NTs were at the most successful was unwarranted, although NTJs tend to be very successful types. It is true that NTJs make up a good bulk of the corporate executives though, although more E than Is.

Ok, I just found out that the site that, that was posted on is a satirical site. So yes, this 'bc' guy did go really out of his way just to write that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgib5328 View Post
    This guy called us NTs the lowest of the low in the workforce and ranked the INFPs the highest. He talks about our place in the grand scheme of things, this is the basic hierarchy:

INFP (Apex)
    ESTP & ESTJ (Ruling Class)
    ESFJ, ESFP, & INFJ (Lower Upper Class)
    ISFJ, ISFP (Rising on Up)
    ISTJ, ISTP (Middle Class)
    ENFJ, ENFP (Towards the Middle)
    ENTJ, ENTP (Second Rung Up)
    INTP, INTJ (At the bottom)

What kind of drugs is the guy/girl on?

The INTJs, ENTJs, ENFJs, and the ENTPs are at the top of society in success. They tend to be the corporate executives or the top in their fields. INFPs aren't natural leaders, the NJs or SJs generally are. I don't know this guy is absolutely ridiculous. He said the INTPs should be forced to do the grunt work, while the ENTJs and ENTPs purpose is to keep the INTPs and INTJs in check.

What a biased INFP person, he thinks the NTs are the trash of society.
    Haha. Normally, a person's inclination would be to put their own type at the top or near the top. It's the Bell Curve by other means, really.

In actuality, no one type is superior to another, when it comes to the workplace: it all depends on how one is able to use their skills to best get what they want.

An INTP's strengths are in analysis and rational creativity, for instance. So they can be excellent strategists, if they can learn to get over their naivete in life. (case in point, me! )

While an ISFJ would do well as the relationship builder, for the smoothening of ties in a fractious team.

Generally though, ENTJs and ENTPs will own the game. The former are strategists who do not reveal their plans (unlike ESTJs: who may be too hasty and come from too much of a top-down approach), and ENTPs, well, they're Machiavellians.

The way to own this guy? Don't bother arguing with him. Just look at him, listen to him, nod, and go, "Yes, I agree."

True intelligence may not always be in continuing the argument; sometimes, it's knowing when and how to terminate one. Leave the other speechless, so to say.

edit: which workplace are we talking about? INFPs may actually be too softhearted to win the game of politics in a cut-throat field, like finance, or politics. Also in the judiciary: their kindness may put them at a disadvantage there.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    edit: which workplace are we talking about? INFPs may actually be too softhearted to win the game of politics in a cut-throat field, like finance, or politics. Also in the judiciary: their kindness may put them at a disadvantage there.
    I know an INFP J.D. He works on getting medicine to people who might not otherwise get it.

EDIT:I'm not sure the relevance. But I was really surprised to find out he was a lawyer.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

INFj None

I just want everyone to know that I'm doing my part by keeping my INTP subjugated and in his place.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

woohoo ENTJs aren't in last place! Currently, they beat the INTPs and INTJs in rank and intellect despite their irritatingly demanding nature

heart on fire Array

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    woohoo ENTJs aren't in last place! Currently, they beat the INTPs and INTJs in rank and intellect despite their irritatingly demanding nature
    Kiss my ring, you dog!

Quote Originally Posted by article
    The INTPs are the lowest of the low, and can also be quite dangerous. They are best left to work on simple tasks that all the other types hate, as they have very high boredom thresholds and can be left to work on boring columns of figures, or program computers, or work on assembly lines, without any real personal problems. They enjoy being ordered around and told what to do, and as long as their orders don't involve interacting with other people they are very happy. These types are very autistic in nature, and like most idiot savants they can sometimes show a remarkable facility for impressive but ultimately useless tasks, such as typesetting in TeX or memorising Star Trek dialogue. These types tend to look quite thin and pasty, and take little care over their personal appearance. They often have small, peering eyes and tend to be quite short and ugly. Spots are common. They do not make suitable romantic mates for anyone, and are really best kept away from the opposite sex.

Mindless dumb emotive guy.... must have some issues he's probably a loser enraged with society and the NTs success.

filling some space Array UnitOfPopulation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Oh believe me, an INP would!

I dunno.. I'm constantly being reminded that I should take over the company I work for, that it'd do a lot better if I was in charge. *shrugs*

Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.