User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Question How do you use your Ni? (INTJ/ENTJ)

More directed towards INTJ and ENTJ: In what kind of situations do you use your Ni? When did you last realize that you had just been using Introverted Intuition?

It doesn't happen consciously. More manifests when it does and when it does, feels like you're in "the zone". Sometimes you can extend its conscious duration.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    It doesn't happen consciously. More manifests when it does and when it does, feels like you're in "the zone". Sometimes you can extend its conscious duration.
    That is an interesting way of putting it. I don't even notice that I'm "using" it, its the whole daydreaming about things. Using it consciously is like being super concentrated but at the same time supremely relaxed, aka "in the zone", but the littlest thing can knock it off course.

I don't really realize when I am using it, seeing as it is how my brain normally operates, its just that when I need to do something that requires a concentration, and need to change my mindset, I realize how much jumping around my mind does.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

When my mind seems like it's shut off, and I'm just concentrating, but not actively on any particular problem, that's when Ni is going. Like Jenaphor said, you're "in the zone."
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Interesting that you guys don't really "know" that you're using it. I totally know when I'm in Ti mode. Because it's so vastly different than my Ne mode. Isn't their a huge difference between when you are in Ni mode vs. when you are in Te mode?

Also, do you ever "over use" Ni? You know how it's said that INTP's get stuck in Ti - do you ever "get stuck" in Ni and have to snap yourself out of it and say, "OK, enough is enough. I'm going to go outside now and do something else!" Is it like that?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

No you can't overuse Ne/Ni because they are irrational (or not within our grasp) whereas Ti/Te are rational. It happens that I say to myself "Okay that is enough planning" (for a specific project)..

Banned

Constantly and without thinking about it.

figsfiggyfigs

With the coupling of a wand.

Banned

I don't use Ni. It uses me, and I don't even live in Soviet Russia... squee.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Constantly and without thinking about it.
    Yes. I don't need to think about it to use it, as in turning it off and on, or consciously directing it to specific problems. More like I turn the totality of my attention to a problem, and the related Ni perceptions are just "there". As an example, a piece of equipment in my lab suddenly stopped working a couple weeks ago. The usual troubleshooting did not correct it, but I could tell by the symptoms that these troubleshooting steps should not be necessary and should not make a difference. Other experienced users told me there was nothing to be done, and I had probably just made things worse. I knew I wold stumble upon some simple if not obvious fix, though, and all would be well -- and that is exactly what happened.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...