• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP doesn't like other INTPs

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I have come to the conclusion that I don't particularly like interacting with other INTPs. Not sure if it is due to the intrinsically awkward communication style of 2 introverts ** sound of crickets chirping in background ** or because INTPs are so quirky and idiosyncratic that we can't even tolerate one another.

OTOH, I love ENTPs...

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I'm either an INTP or an INTJ and I dislike interacting with most INTPs as well. A great deal of them are very pretentious and lack self-awareness. Their sense of humor is also pretty banal; pi jokes and the like.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm either an INTP or an INTJ and I dislike interacting with most INTPs as well. A great deal of them are very pretentious and lack self-awareness. Their sense of humor is also pretty banal; pi jokes and the like.
re-read this post and your other posts in 3-5 years.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think INTPs are fine to talk to. I usually play the extrovert role with the ones I'm comfortable with, which helps. I can push their buttons and they won't cry or get mad. :devil:
I don't have much contact with Ne dominants, but I found Ne dominant can be very overshadowing.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTPs aren't quirky and idiosyncratic??

Maybe other INTPs remind you too much of yourself. (Not trying to be a smart ass, really)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP doesn't like other INTPs

Impossible! No, but it can be strange sometimes. Sometimes it's tons of fun. Other times it's like, "What do you want?" "No, what do you want?"

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
I haven't met one but I don't think I'll like that person, than again I dislike most people

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I like other INTPs on this forum, but it's too awkward most of the time IRL. They remind me of my worst social fears about myself, though I'm pretty socially aware for an INTP.

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
I like other INTPs on this forum, but it's too awkward most of the time IRL. They remind me of my worst social fears about myself, though I'm pretty socially aware for an INTP.

True. Sometimes it's like looking at a mirror of yourself, which says a lot about you from an external view. But why is this a surprise that warrants a thread? I mean, it's obvious every type will dislike at least one person that's the same as them. The most common would probably be the ISTPs/ESTPs. The least common would be the NFs since they would try to avoid arguing at all times, let alone with each other.

Generally, I tend to dislike/distrust most people.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Impossible! No, but it can be strange sometimes. Sometimes it's tons of fun. Other times it's like, "What do you want?" "No, what do you want?"

"What do you wanna do, George?"

"I dunno, what do you wanna do?"

"I dunno. Huh. What do you wanna do?"

It depends on how well-rounded the other INTPs are.

The ones who have decent intuition and/or are well-rounded and can actually hold a normal conversation (rather than just spouting off facts and philosophy) are pretty awesome. But I seem to react negatively against the ones who are one-trick ponies.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Same here....I tend to enjoy different types. I really dislike the ISTJ extremes to the left and seem to fit that 'mold' that is thrown around on this forum.

For some reason, I'm very much annoyed by the ESxJs in my group at work. This is not a diss at the type as a whole. There are 4 of them, and the 2 that are younger than me really annoy me with their bad, repetitive, immature jokes based on some situation that happened earlier. No spin on the situation, just a repeat of what was said or the situaion. (I play that losing noise from "The Price is Right" when they make jokes). The older ESFJ is a big crybaby and instead of reasonably explaining his stand on an issue insists he doesn't want an 'argument'. The ESTJ is cool, but he's just doesn't follow quick wit. Oustide of work, it's like a toss-up if I get along with other SJs. I have a great time with the TPs I work with. We have a ball. They know how to laugh and not hold on to the little things. It's great.

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I don't mind other INTPs and nobody has ever had a really big problem with me either. I only know one INTP irl and he's a bit of a pain but not too bad.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
re-read this post and your other posts in 3-5 years.

lol, i get such horrible secondhand embarrassment reading the shit i put on the internet when i was 15. but i wasn't that bad at least.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol, i get such horrible secondhand embarrassment reading the shit i put on the internet when i was 15. but i wasn't that bad at least.

There's nothing more humbling than reading stuff I posted on the open 'net five years ago.
So much for pretensions of glory...

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Great tyranny of digital media - it hangs around forever in one form or another. Thirty years ago, my immature rants were recorded on paper. Thankfully, those journals and notebooks are long since lost or thrown away.

OTOH, my middle-aged rants will be enshrined forever thanks to the Internet. :blush:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
You crazy? I love my INTP friends. They're great :D. The only thing is though that faults of yours you hate become even more obvious and loathsome when you see them in others...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That op is like the worst chat-up line in years....

...but it worked, I am all yours :D

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have come to the conclusion that I don't particularly like interacting with other INTPs. Not sure if it is due to the intrinsically awkward communication style of 2 introverts ** sound of crickets chirping in background ** or because INTPs are so quirky and idiosyncratic that we can't even tolerate one another.

OTOH, I love ENTPs...

Does this mean amazingdatagirl not like me:cry:.................on a serious note, I would love to see and talk to INTPs IRL, granted that they are cool and stuff, the INTP is a very rare creature though. I would probably keep them as my pe...... I mean friend to talk about all kinds of random things like philosophy, science, and Lady Gaga's horns.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I only know one confirmed INTP other than myself and she's pretty cool. Wish we'd talk more.

TruthJourdemayne

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
My preferred friend to hang out with is an intp. Before this friend, before this new town, there was another intp best friend. I do seem much more extroverted than the intps that I hang out with but thats a difference in our enneagram types. If I were a 5 (which I thought I was but I'm not apparently) like them I could see the conversation really flatlining in no time - but its usually just comfortable.