User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INTP doesn't like other INTPs

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Plenty of times, we dislike what we view as our own faults. I emphasize faults since others won't necessarily perceive them as negatives.

Not that it probably matters to you adg, but I like many INTPs for their differences but with enough similarities so they can be related to. If you consider the function order of INTPs and ENTJs, we're like the other half of the same dichotomies. It's an interesting dynamic, great when good, whoah, crazy when not!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by amazingdatagirl View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that I don't particularly like interacting with other INTPs. Not sure if it is due to the intrinsically awkward communication style of 2 introverts ** sound of crickets chirping in background ** or because INTPs are so quirky and idiosyncratic that we can't even tolerate one another.

OTOH, I love ENTPs...
    There is far more to a human being than some result on a typological test. Have you looked at the issue of gender difference, since most INTPs are probably male? Or are you talking about other female INTPs also?
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

I personally think the op's strategy was to provokje some intp Fe. If it was tho then the op's definitly entp
    Lost Frequencies - All or Nothing

"People do not like you to be different. If ever in your life you act differently from others, you will find it so, mademoiselle."
    ~Saint's Progress by John Galsworthy

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I cherish you all as I would cherish my own.

~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Junior Member Array AUDARASHTESLA's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

C'mon! I have always wished i could see some one like-minded whit whom i could do things we both enjoy. Getting along with some body that is just like you mustn't be that hard.
    But the most possible reason i can think of is because they don't agree with you or just they've proven you wrong? (Being proven wrong is not bad, being right and not being able to get people to change their minds is bad, which means arguing with a rational thinker -whether you're wrong or right- can't be that bad)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by AUDARASHTESLA View Post
    C'mon! I have always wished i could see some one like-minded whit whom i could do things we both enjoy. Getting along with some body that is just like you mustn't be that hard.
    But the most possible reason i can think of is because they don't agree with you or just they've proven you wrong? (Being proven wrong is not bad, being right and not being able to get people to change their minds is bad, which means arguing with a rational thinker -whether you're wrong or right- can't be that bad)
    I think it's because they see all their flaws reflected back at them. That might be why INTPs (or other types, possibly) might not get along well with others of their own type.

Junior Member Array AUDARASHTESLA's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

So that means you think you have the same flaws and sooner or later your flaw will reflect back on you, too? Just like what happened to other intps?
    And just out of curiosity, what flaws?

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP

I rather think INTPs will have mutual respect for each other but they most likely won't readily become close friends, simply because neither likes small talks. Their closeness will be wholly subjected to whether or not they have similar areas of interest at that moment in time. Yes - best buddies until one of them lose interest in the topic. No - "Hi." "Hi." "Bye." "Bye."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I have to disagree, most of my friends are INTP's and I get along with them better than anyone else.
    We're all emotionally awkward, we don't know how to tell each other we care for the other, we don't hug, we can sit for hours in a parked car talking about the universe. I really like my fellow INTP friends.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I still don't think I've met an INTP I know is a definite INTP. There's a guy who joined our team recently, programmer, unkempt, awkward, intelligent, INTP hair, but he's such an ISTJ like a Sheldon Cooper type ISTJ. I'm so disappointed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast