• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT only: Which type are your closest friends of the same sex?

NT only: Which type are your closest friends of the same sex?

• INTJ

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • INTP

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • ENTP

• ISTJ

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • ISTP

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • INFJ

• INFP

• ENFJ

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • ENFP

• ISFJ

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • ISFP

• ESFJ

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • ESFP

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah, I were also a bit baffled about the results so far. It seems like the stereotypical NF-NT pairing is not only true for partnerships, but also for close friendships. I also were surprised how many consider ESFPs as close friends. Maybe they're just so nice that everyone thinks they're close friends with them?^^

Maybe the pairings work better for close relationships than partnerships? Just a thought that came to mind.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTP, INTP, INTJ, in order.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i voted 2 only, INFP and INTJ

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
best friends: istp, infp, estj

Besides that I have a friend of every type in my life. Types I dont get along with too very well are: enfp, infj, esfp, isfj

Types who are the wisest and I learnt a lot from: estj, istp, esfj

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
Types I dont get along with too very well are: enfp, infj, esfp, isfj

Types who are the wisest and I learnt a lot from: estj, istp, esfj

Some of these look a bit surprising for an ENTP. Are you serious?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Some of these look a bit surprising for an ENTP. Are you serious?

Yes; which types do look starnge to you in particular ? istp - entp is a pretty natural pairing, you can have a lot of fun with those guys. You think and feel basically equally but have different ideas of what to do with your freetime. Makes for an intresting combo always.

Infps are often very intellectual people, who have read alot. You can have endless discussions with them or better: you can talk talk talk and they listen. The shared Ne-Ne combo enables you both to find the others humor hilarious and infp's have a lot of that. Besides if they are girls, well well, thats just another advantage :D.

The estj I know, I got to know at the job and without the job I think we'ld live different lifes and have different hobbies. She's tho prolly the most wiseset person I've ever met tho at the same time. She's fascinated by my shit, its her tert Ne that seems fascinated by my ideas and while she's behaving like the bhoss, I am like the smart guy at her side, backing her every move up and explaining new stuff to her. In return I get to learn a lot about the business world and have complete freedom to express my ideas and do what I want.

There's a special connection between entps and estjs, its just important that you are loyal and integer. If you are more of the whacko entp arguing with everyone, you aint old enough to enjoy that yet.

TruthJourdemayne

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I only have two friends of the same sex. My friends are mostly male.
INFP
ENFP

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
I was not surprised by istps or infps, I feel quite as you said. I just thought that entps are usually supposed to get along well with infjs, and with enfps maybe too?

Also, estjs and esfjs may be wise, but the wisest? Well, wisdom is not type related.

There's a special connection between entps and estjs, its just important that you are loyal and integer. If you are more of the whacko entp arguing with everyone, you aint old enough to enjoy that yet.

I am not that whacko, but I haven't yet seen this special connection.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was not surprised by istps or infps, I feel quite as you said. I just thought that entps are usually supposed to get along well with infjs, and with enfps maybe too?

Also, estjs and esfjs may be wise, but the wisest? Well, wisdom is not type related.

I am not that whacko, but I haven't yet seen this special connection.

Ya it's important to not only see with your eyes but with your heart too sometimes in life. The latter one often doesent make a lot of sense. I know only one estj who is like that, so it's probably rare. But the op asked for my best friends. If you by chance ever read the socionics page, on some page they talk about which types get confused with each other the most and for entp its estjs. The concept isnt too alien if you think about it

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah right...everyone's friends with the rarest types. This is by far inaccurate.