User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default Overcome INTJ procrastination

How do you get over your procrastination? I'm usually organized and get things done etc. But recently I've been procrastinating a lot.

I don't know what the reason is. Maybe because the last months I'd been working a lot. Or maybe there's just too much to do, or too many parties. Or I feel as if I've neglected some functions. I don't know, but I want to leave my procrastination phase.

How do you handle this?

Banned

Take up a new activity, something to look forward to and to use as a motivational crutch.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I don't think it's a lack of motivation. When I sit down and do the things I'm supposed to do, I get very excited. But after 1 or 2 hours I always want to go out...

MBTI
    INTP

I don't. Today, I finished an essay I had two weeks to do 5 minutes before class started! I've given up trying to not procrastinate, since it's my nature, but it's kind of good because it allows me to make projects a lot better than rushing it since I've had so much time to think it over.

Hell, I even do it with e-mails and texts; lol, I'll write it, re-write it, revise, and then put it in the draft and send it a couple days later.

I posted a thread a couple pages ago, but I think the best way to stop is to make lists with sequential steps. Also, I do the positive reinforcement:

IE. If I write a page done before tomorrow, I'll do X (eat out/grab a beer).

You do this enough times, you'll reap the joy of finishing well before time. But I'm afraid to admit it, but sometimes I enjoy the rush since I feel more spontaneous.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Yeah, but you're an INTP. I don't like the rush of doing things in the last minute. I prepare everything and love when things converge.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance View Post
    Yeah, but you're an INTP. I don't like the rush of doing things in the last minute. I prepare everything and love when things converge.
    Then you have no clue what procrastination is really about
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    LII sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I find, that whenever I procrastinate, it is usually due to stagnation of my mind, which is fueled by monotony in my schedule. Either try adding something new to your daily To-do list, or look at things from a fresh perspective.

WhoCares

Maybe your procrastination is a sign that you haven't fully worked out the next step yet. Without the next logical step how can you truly proceed? I find my mind has phases like that of the moon. I waxes and wanes in it's own way. Although I may have something I really want to get done, I will be unable to get on with the doing of it, unless my mind has all its ducks in a row. A good example of this is my writing. Since my teens I have wanted to write professionally. Yet I was never able to make a start on this until my mid-life because I lacked the skillset, knowledge and basic life experience that would bring my writing to life. Now I have that, I'm full steam ahead with that project.

When my mind wanders its because something isnt lined up, even if I'm not consciously aware of what's missing. But sure enough an inability to stick with it is a good indicator this is the case.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Maybe your procrastination is a sign that you haven't fully worked out the next step yet. Without the next logical step how can you truly proceed? I find my mind has phases like that of the moon. I waxes and wanes in it's own way. Although I may have something I really want to get done, I will be unable to get on with the doing of it, unless my mind has all its ducks in a row. A good example of this is my writing. Since my teens I have wanted to write professionally. Yet I was never able to make a start on this until my mid-life because I lacked the skillset, knowledge and basic life experience that would bring my writing to life. Now I have that, I'm full steam ahead with that project.

When my mind wanders its because something isnt lined up, even if I'm not consciously aware of what's missing. But sure enough an inability to stick with it is a good indicator this is the case.
    My experience is similar. If I find myself procrastinating, I step back and analyze what I am doing to see if I understand how it is supposed to progress. I usually need to do some further refinement of the plan, or break it down into smaller steps so I can identify what the blockage is. Perhaps it is information I am still missing, or someone else I am waiting for to contribute their part. Once I identify what I can and should do next, the sense of procrastination vanishes and I am back on track.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...