• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP - ENTJ conflict

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
In all seriousness, I have a lot of respect and admiration for intelligent INTPs. The manner in which you think and hoover copious amounts of information, creating detailed pictures of conceptual wholes is amazing. That you can communicate and literally disgorge the entire meal, is even better! :laugh:

I love you too. :rofl1:

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, but we want you to share some of that knowledge with us. We're knowledge whores. We're only asking cuz we admire what's in that noggin of yours. Take time out and sharez it wiff us. :D

Noooooo...knowledge collectors! :reading:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We used to have an ENTJ VP who was a total ball buster of a guy (although I was quite devoted to him). Everyone was terrified of him except for this one INTP guy who is about 40. He is this adorable round bellied, balding chemist with big coke bottle glasses. The ENTJ would be up making a grand speech about taking over the universe in front of the entire department and the INTP was just pop out with some hysterical sarcastic ass comment.

At first everybody was horrified, like, dude, dont you know he will KILL you??? But after a bit it just became the norm and gave everybody the chance to snicker a bit, because he was always right about whatever the funny point was. The ENTJ would just say "You alway have one in every audiance..."
I love it.

The thing that strikes me about ENTJs is that they can't consider that maybe they aren't the only person who know a good way forward and maybe it's not something you immediately need to put to stop if everyone isn't falling in line. Maybe other voices than their own are worth considering. Maybe there are other ways to interact with people rather than just trying to intimidate them if they aren't on board with you. Or engage in some stupid transparent trickery. Maybe, you know, being nice to people isn't always a weakness, and that it's possible to be kind without being a doormat?

PrettiesForYou

MBTI Type
INTP
I love ENTJs. I've worked with a couple of them, one male and one female. The lady ENTJ was the boss of the factory, she would, however, come out of the office regularly to work alongside all of us. She vocally cheered us on a lot. Some people found her too chirpy, but she's one of the few motivating bosses I've ever had. People found her intimidating if she was giving them into trouble. She had wonderfully developed her Fe. Sometimes she comes and visits and always asks how we are all doing. She was interested in us personally and would go the extra mile to help you out, sometimes without telling you beforehand. Nobody talks about thr kindness of ENTJs.

The chap. Oh dear. I loved the guy, but he was very immature and bluntly would tell people that he didn't care about their feelings. He would often tease people or divulge things he ought not to if the outcome was funny. Everyone else hated him. Things like introducing his girlfriend to people as "his cumbucket" and being puzzled that she was offended. That sort of thing. To be blunt, I found him funny.

The thing is that he still trained people in things that they wouldn't be trained on otherwise because he wanted people to improve themselves. He would try and teach people how to project their voice. This disliked ENTJ also most likely saved my life on one occasion. He had a meeting with me once regarding my timekeeping (I can't tell the time), he had intimated to me that he has to treat me the same as the other staff. Fairness is important to ENTJs (I've observed this online too). In that meeting he actually made me cry because he told me that I was important. Nobody has ever told me that before. I usually get called horrible things. Confidence building is important to the ENTJ too. I intended to see if he wanted to be friends, but apparently he tried to attack his girlfriend so I didn't.

So there is light and dark there, right, yet I clicked with them like I never so with anyone. I won't say synergy because my job is so menial.

The only bad experience I've ever had with ENTJ was one online started a fight with me because he believed I was bullying ISTJs. Which can be easily chalked up to their need for fairness. Absolutely love the guys.