User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

My newspaper advisor (who is also an English and journalism teacher) is a self-confirmed ENTJ. Now, I'm not an INTP, but I used to think I was and my Ti usage score is just a point or two below my Fi score. Needless to say, I bear some similarities to an INTP.

Personally, I find her excruciatingly ruthless when it comes to fairness for all and her work ethic is scary. She doesn't seem to have an excellent grasp of feelings either. I have not had that many substantial conversations with her, if any at all, but I find we get along pretty well. I know ENTJs are considered the INTP's "natural partner," and I think the pairing is cute. However, if you ask me, INTJ + INTP = MUCH cuter.

Something that bugs me about her, I should note, is although she is annoyed to no end by idiocy and ignorance, she seems to put up with plenty of ignorant people just for the sake of conversation. She will talk to the dumbest people just in order to have a conversation; her extroversion is pretty dominant. Also, the whole "hates to be bored" characteristic is also very dominant.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Oh No, the INTP "proof" thing! *screams and runs away*
    Haha. This is just our way of learning from you. Picking apart what you say and then having you reconstruct it again (from an angle you may not have considered before)...poetry in motion.

Using Ti for us can be quite draining, no matter how much we attempt to use it.
    Don't use Ti. Just keep spouting off with Te, but give me opportunity to ask follow up questions. I'm just sayin', in an ideal world.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

ENTJs tend to be under-developed because they can get so far with just the blunderbuss approach.

Quick hint, hit them on the nose. They're pit droids... no really....

Seriously though, I've never had a problem with an ENTJ since having dealt with ENFJs since childhood. Just find your cajones, sheath them in steal, prepare your argument and then bludgeon the fun loving turtle heads into last week. Either they'll keep on fighting way after they've lost the argument which means one of two things that either they want to have this opinion regardless of it being wrong or they're just not listening. The former is probably somewhat backed up by their shadow so just gracefully exit letting them have the win. The latter, try to establish if you are considered highly enough to be allowed to alter their thinking or whether they're just dumb schmucks who've gotten this far on being loud and aggressive and have now run out of talent and ideas. Out of those two, the first needs addressing, the latter needs treating to an old ENTJ tactic which goes "I'm sorry but you're going to have to die".

Oh and after current dealings with one's parental ENTJ, never underestimate their ability to be soppy, over considerate balls of goo. Especially when they're scared.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    ENTJs tend to be under-developed because they can get so far with just the blunderbuss approach.

Quick hint, hit them on the nose. They're pit droids... no really....

Seriously though, I've never had a problem with an ENTJ since having dealt with ENFJs since childhood. Just find your cajones, sheath them in steal, prepare your argument and then bludgeon the fun loving turtle heads into last week. Either they'll keep on fighting way after they've lost the argument which means one of two things that either they want to have this opinion regardless of it being wrong or they're just not listening. The former is probably somewhat backed up by their shadow so just gracefully exit letting them have the win. The latter, try to establish if you are considered highly enough to be allowed to alter their thinking or whether they're just dumb schmucks who've gotten this far on being loud and aggressive and have now run out of talent and ideas. Out of those two, the first needs addressing, the latter needs treating to an old ENTJ tactic which goes "I'm sorry but you're going to have to die".

Oh and after current dealings with one's parental ENTJ, never underestimate their ability to be soppy, over considerate balls of goo. Especially when they're scared.
    Wuh woh. This oughta go over well.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I would sum up the workhorse, iceman side of the ENTJ thusly:

"I don't want to sit around all day trying to explain this (obvious) shit to you people...

If you haven't gotten it by now... that means one of two things.

You weren't listening, or you're too dumb...

Either way this company doesn't have the time or money to cater to your remedial needs.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I totally 100% get that. I'm totally on board with it. But, sometimes we want you to put business aside (like on a Sunday) and just "shoot the breeze". And, INTP's aren't wanting to talk about remedial stuff. The surface stuff is easy to grasp and boring (we're up 14% this quarter and 32% for the Fiscal Year, and here are the PowerPoint charts that show which goals we've met....blah, blah, blah) - we want to know the "good stuff". What's your vision? How would you overcome this "x" obstacle? What is your philosophy on dealing with difficult people? What motivates you and drives you?" We can learn from that. But, a lot of ENTJ's don't want to "go there" - at least not for very long.

Also, I have met some ENTJ venture capitalist/business owner types (so maybe my results are skewed), but when I start conversing with you - just talk to me - it's often times so totally obvious that you can't WAIT to give me your business card and tell me what you can do for me. Kick back with the networking and just talk to me for a minute homeboy. Other than that, you guys rock!

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Haha. This is just our way of learning from you. Picking apart what you say and then having you reconstruct it again (from an angle you may not have considered before)...poetry in motion.
    Way too much work when we've already arrived at the solution!
    Don't use Ti. Just keep spouting off with Te, but give me opportunity to ask follow up questions. I'm just sayin', in an ideal world.
    Consider how Te/Ni works. Snapshots in time of the entire picture, from beginning to end but not in linear form. In order for us to explain it, we have to take this abstract picture and put it into linear and concrete form. It's a lot of work and unless there's a reason/task to extrovert this information, we won't bother.

As far as questions are concerned, go ahead and ask them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Way too much work when we've already arrived at the solution!
    Yes, but we want you to share some of that knowledge with us. We're knowledge whores. We're only asking cuz we admire what's in that noggin of yours. Take time out and sharez it wiff us.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    So true. You can totally tell when ENTJ thinks one is a total idiot and usually not in so many words. It feels like they are going to combust on you. lol

I have only interacted w/ 30+ year old ENTjs. lol

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Yes, but we want you to share some of that knowledge with us. We're knowledge whores. We're only asking cuz we admire what's in that noggin of yours. Take time out and sharez it wiff us.
    In all seriousness, I have a lot of respect and admiration for intelligent INTPs. The manner in which you think and hoover copious amounts of information, creating detailed pictures of conceptual wholes is amazing. That you can communicate and literally disgorge the entire meal, is even better!

For the early alzheimer's afflicted like myself, instead of retaining explicit data, I remember where to get information instead of holding information in a conscious mental repository. Instead, information is shuffled back into the unconscious and only need or triggers bring it forward. Or information is retained externally. So when you question, it can prompt. So keep on questioning.