User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Really? Everyone fascinates me to some extent. Especially those who are vastly different from myself. I imagine I could watch videos of people's boring, day to day lives all day long and never get bored. People's thought processes never cease to amaze me.
    I know exactly what you mean. The moment I discovered MBTI, I was fascinated. Being with somebody who is the complete opposite of me can be frustrating, and sometimes I do feel like I'm missing an essential connection, but I see it almost as research. Diving into the mind of polarity to better my understanding of human function. Hers is a whole different world from mine, and I need to explore. I wish I could date every type of MBTI function just to see exactly how they differ from one another in the real world as opposed to paper.

That sounds cold... but it's true, and she does makuh me smile.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by DocRox27 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. The moment I discovered MBTI, I was fascinated. Being with somebody who is the complete opposite of me can be frustrating, and sometimes I do feel like I'm missing an essential connection, but I see it almost as research. Diving into the mind of polarity to better my understanding of human function. Hers is a whole different world from mine, and I need to explore. I wish I could date every type of MBTI function just to see exactly how they differ from one another in the real world as opposed to paper.

That sounds cold... but it's true, and she does makuh me smile.
    Exactly. The more I know someone, the more I think.... "wow..." There's so many perspectives on so many different things. We can all look at the same thing and everyone is thinking something different, drawing different conclusions. This is really obvious. But if you really think about it and really take the time to observe people, it's quite fascinating.

It's hard to get to know someone well enough to really know what's going on in their head. Dating is one of the few ways to do this quickly.

(Edit: Regarding the ESFP need for attention... Have you communicated with her about your need for space?)

(Double edit: There's have been a select few times where I've gotten to know someone and they literally have nothing going on upstairs. Or like a loop of only a few things. Very predictable. Those are people I've found uninteresting.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Dating is one of the few ways to do this quickly.
    Sometimes I just kidnap a random person, make them take an MBTI test, and then observe how they act when they feel their life is threatened. =]

...and how did you bold that text? I tried to the the whole <b> </b> thing, but that didn't work. Also, what's the HTML shortcut (or whatever, first forum ever) to reply to multiple quotes in one post?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Sometimes I just kidnap a random person, make them take an MBTI test, and then observe how they act when they feel their life is threatened. =]

...and how did you bold that text? I tried to the the whole <b> </b> thing, but that didn't work. Also, what's the HTML shortcut (or whatever, first forum ever) to reply to multiple quotes in one post?
    Just highlight what you want bolded and click the "B" on the top left hand side of your quick reply. To multiquote, I'm not sure the code, I just click the little quotes on the bottom right hand side of the post I want to multiquote, until I get to the final quote and then I say, "reply with quote." All the quotes that you checkmarked will then show up in the box.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Just highlight what you want bolded and click the "B" on the top left hand side of your quick reply.
    Durrrr, I'm always making things more complicated than they should be.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I can't get well with ESFPs too,ESFPs always think that I am a freak.Usually I avoid contacting them.
    Im Weltalter der Weltnacht muß der Abgrund der Welt erfahren und ausgestanden werden. Dazu ist aber nötig, daß solche sind,die in den Abgrund reichen.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Yamu View Post
    I can't get well with ESFPs too,ESFPs always think that I am a freak.Usually I avoid contacting them.
    So you're a freak and i'm weird .. These are just small details which in the grand scheme of things mean so little
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't want my problems to become hers, so I don't talk much about them. Then it ends up becoming her problem because she's frustrated that I won't open up to her (which I have been doing more of lately.)
    This is the identical conversation I had in my own head at one time. It's going to be a problem for the ESFP, just like it was for my ENFJ. You have to get over it, hopefully as long as she sees you're making a real effort she'll back off some.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

(Edit: Regarding the ESFP need for attention... Have you communicated with her about your need for space?)

(Double edit: There's have been a select few times where I've gotten to know someone and they literally have nothing going on upstairs. Or like a loop of only a few things. Very predictable. Those are people I've found uninteresting.)
    Yes, I've told her about my need for space, and she seems like she's pretty understanding. She's kind of falling head over heals for me, which I don't understand. I'm not sure what she sees in me, and I know if I asked her, she wouldn't be able to tell me. She's just not deep enough.

I have a hard time typing people of lower intelligence. Although it doesn't matter much since I try not to associate with feeble minds. To me, their MBTI type would read DUMB.

Distasteful - 57%
    Underdeveloped - 89%
    Maddening - 70%
    Bugbear - 100%

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This is the identical conversation I had in my own head at one time. It's going to be a problem for the ESFP, just like it was for my ENFJ. You have to get over it, hopefully as long as she sees you're making a real effort she'll back off some.
    I can only hope. My skepticism is bordering on pessimism concerning any real future with this relationship, but I really do enjoy spending time with her as well as the psychological dissecting of a person so unlike myself.

Edit: I read that over to myself. Am I an asshole or what?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yes, I've told her about my need for space, and she seems like she's pretty understanding. She's kind of falling head over heals for me, which I don't understand. I'm not sure what she sees in me, and I know if I asked her, she wouldn't be able to tell me. She's just not deep enough.

I have a hard time typing people of lower intelligence. Although it doesn't matter much since I try not to associate with feeble minds. To me, their MBTI type would read DUMB.

Distasteful - 57%
    Underdeveloped - 89%
    Maddening - 70%
    Bugbear - 100%

I can only hope. My skepticism is bordering on pessimism concerning any real future with this relationship, but I really do enjoy spending time with her as well as the psychological dissecting of a person so unlike myself.

Edit: I read that over to myself. Am I an asshole or what?

Yea, a little bit of an asshole. Though, from what you said, it sounds like she's asking for it. I would have moved on already. (Not that you don't sound cool, just you're clearly not interested.) Also, I think your distance is probably what's causing her to pursue so much. That's just natural for gals.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.