• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and social networking.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have several accounts.

One is for business/work contacts, they can add me if they want, I don't care, I rarely access the profile but it gets them off my case when they ask me if I have a facebook account. I hope to delete this account at some point, in the meantime it's the one I would make look respectable and have viewable by potential employers when job hunting.

One is for people I know irl and would like to stay in contact with but do not see on a regular basis, it can be quite useful to know what is going on, I log in every once in a while to keep abreast of things but I never post anything on my wall. If someone tags me in a photo the tag will be removed, I purposely don't want people to know what's happening with me.

One is for online people (and citiville :wub: )

All in all I do not use it as a social networking tool very much, it lets me know what's happening with other people who seem to use fb as their only way of telling people what's happening and as such is quite useful, but it doesn't tell them what's going on with me.

If your professors are using it to communicate with students you would be putting yourself at a disadvantage by not setting up an account.

signed,
4evah yours entropie :)

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
I think it is the dumbest thing ever created. I agree that it is a stalker and spy paradise.

ScarletRoseTea

MBTI Type
INTP
Facebook isn't too bad. I don't put anything that I would care about anyone knowing on my profiles anywhere, so the privacy thing isn't really an issue. If a former high school "friend" wants to add me? I just don't accept the friend request. I also from time to time go over my list of friends and delete people that I don't care about or talk to. I don't sign on very often, but it is useful for finding out about special occasions, planning an event, etc.

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I like Facebook because I control how much people know. I do enjoy keeping touch with some people who for whatever reason can't be called or seen on a regular basis.

I don't like how people use it to spy on others. I think "Facebook stalking" is such a boring practice.

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
...I don't like how people use it to spy on others. I think "Facebook stalking" is such a boring practice.

...well, when you think about it, it's pretty much what 97% of people use it for :shrug: