User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTP

People get mad at me for not getting on my facebook account frequently enough ^__^;
    :} New Phyrexia...

MBTI
    INTP

it seems like based on the responses here, most NTs just have accounts either to not be bothered to get one, or to blend in easier socially, which is pretty much the reasons why i'd be interested in getting one, lol.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

I had facebook for a while but only to keep in touch with somebody (at their urging) while they were overseas. I deleted it soon after they came back and I had a below average number of "friends". I'm not attracted to the idea of social networking. i don't care about if you're studying for your bio exam or that you lost a contact or what result you got in some stupid test or that you're playing a game. STFU. Facebook has got to be one of dullest websites on the internet. I don't like having to put up personal information up there. How many friends i have, what we're talking about or planning, if i'm seeing anyone, where i work and how many photos I'm in. i don't like being able to be contacted and checked up on at the whim of others. I don't have a social lifestyle and i don't want that to be easily accessible knowledge, because such a lifestyle is mocked and scorned. I had no genuine photos of myself being at a party to put up as my profile image (as everybody else did). I don't let people know that I'm reclusive, although it can't be too hard to figure it out. So I suppose that my own shame of my lifestyle makes facebook so unappealing to me. Not inherent shame, it's just i don't feel like being pecked ot death and viewed like i'm failing at life (when I'm not!). Inviting people to events over facebook is so informal and insecure as well. I don't want everyone to know, what about those who weren't invited, what about when it's me who's not invited?! (although there is probably a privacy setting, it's still very informal).
    i don't want people to know that i'm up at 4 am on the computer. I turned all the privacy settings up to hyperdrive and did not fill out any of the personal information boxes properly, preffering to put a smart alec response or leaving them blank instead.

Although there are advantages, dating being one. Facebook is inbetween the just talking zone and asking for their phone number and helps the transition. asking for a number is a big move and can go wrong. It's also good for looking for people that you have lost contact with.
    If i still had an account, i'd probably have a few TypoC members on there.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I had a Facebook for awhile, but deleted it a few months ago. It, like most other social networking sites in my opinion, failed to really produce anything of substance, and quickly became just another internet outlet for which to engage in mundane banter with individuals who would only be considered Friends through title rather than through any sort of actual bond. I still reactive my account briefly every now and again just to get a peek at what's going on with a few people, yet I have very little interest in actually interacting with them directly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I'm friends with Captain Jean Luc Picard on Facebook...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I do have a Facebook account but I seldom make use of it; I prefer keeping in touch via email. None of my long-distance friends use it as their primary means of communication anyway.

That said, I do have about 200 "friends" on Facebook simply because I don't stop people from adding me as long as I recognize them.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't do facebook. I really and truly fail to see the appeal, having looked at my friends' accounts, but I guess if I were in a business where I needed to network, I'd suck it up and get one. I mostly can't be bothered with social networking sites, though. Just seems like another pointless obligation.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Hey Tallulah,

Is that Catherine Deneuve on your avatar?

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I don't do facebook. I really and truly fail to see the appeal, having looked at my friends' accounts, but I guess if I were in a business where I needed to network, I'd suck it up and get one. I mostly can't be bothered with social networking sites, though. Just seems like another pointless obligation.
    As usual, Tallulah has already said what I'd planned to .

Except that I think if I were in a business that required it, I'd still balk at actually using it. I do have a Facebook account, because my sister sort of persuaded me to get one, but I never use it. Haven't logged on to it in months, and I don't think I've *ever* posted anything to it. Frankly I'm thinking about deleting it.

Mostly I just can't understand why anyone would want to broadcast personal details of their life, even if it's just the mundane stuff. When social networking was first coming about, I distinctly remember laughing and thinking "yeah, like that'll ever go anywhere -- who on earth would want to do that?" Apparently I was wrong . But it does seem like an unnecessary obligation, intrusive, and the privacy (or more accurately, lack of privacy) aspects of it are just horrifying.

No thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Scorquendo View Post
    Hey Tallulah,

Is that Catherine Deneuve on your avatar?
    Yep! Love her.
    Something Witty