• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP to ENTJ - WHAT!?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I just got typed ENTJ by the test below! For as long as I can remember, I have been an ENTP with a well developed Fe and an OK developed Ti.

About 2 years ago, walking home one night, after a especially hard day at work, I remember thinking that if I continue like this, I'll turn into an ENTJ! Then I snickered a "yeah right!"

Motherf*****.

Is this is what happens when you decide to take the baton and make something out of yourself...holy fuk. This is what getting your nose rubbed in by engineering again and again and again does to you.

A bit weird because only two days ago I woke up and realized I don't spend alone time anymore (that I used to in order to recuperate from stressful weeks - it was my Ti wanting to figure shit out)

Wow...is type change like this actually possible??? Now that I think back to my Facebook, interactions with friends, joke preferences, and life...its more than fucking probable. Hell, looking at posts made by me on this very forum two years ago and posts I'm making now - holy fucking cow! Posts today. Post 2 yrs ago.

Lets see - I worry WAAY more. I'm a lot more organized. I used to have a certain way with words that I haven't been able to use lately (in the past year). I get stressed about things I wouldn`t usually care about. I`ve thought of myself as a control freak atleast 10 times this year. I feel inappropriate making certain jokes (like that was ever a problem with me). I understand calculus a lot better now. I`m a lot less of an idealist and a lot more determined (practically). I use fuck a lot less. I`m a LOT less patient.

I'm not sure if I like this.

SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING

Anyways, test results:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Extroversion (E/I) |||||||||||||||| 68%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||| 56%
Orderliness (J/P) |||||||||||| 50%
Friendliness (F/T) |||||| 24%
Openmindedness (N/S) |||||||||||||||| 68%

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were moderately high which suggests you are talkative, optimistic, sociable and affectionate but possibly not very reflective.

Emotional Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, unemotional but possibly too unobservant of your feelings.

Orderliness results were medium which suggests you are moderately organized, reliable, neat, and ambitious.

Friendliness results were low which suggests you tend to be very rude, uncooperative, and irritable.

Openmindedness results were moderately high which suggests you are creative, original, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Overall (of the Big 5 factors), you scored highest on Emotional Stability and lowest on Orderliness.

Your Big 5/SLOAN type is SCOEI
Your Jung type is most likely ENTJ (a[n] emotionally stable version of the type)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
worst of all: I'm always to-the-point and very direct now...

will i still be able to flirt? oh damn!

edit: kidddddding lol

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hold up, bro. Check it out - your function usage did not switch from Ti to Te with magic. Test results can be skewed by a variety of factors. For example, I've gotten ENTP enough times now that I could freak out about it (if I didn't already know myself so well) but it's completely implausible. However, the fact that I use a buttload of Te explains everything.

You actually were only 50/50 on J/P anyway.

I started noticing that about myself...I almost always test ENFP or INFP, and my "P-ness" is usually quite high...on any test that was giving me INFJ I think the J score was borderline, and could be skewed (again) by heavy handed Te usage, not Fe.

I am so not Fe, and I have so little Ti that it's almost comical.

You should really look into your functions, but for what it's worth you sound a lot like you're an ENTP over-doing Fe at the moment.

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
That test sucked, don't worry about it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
THAT TEST HELPED US FIND OUR TRUE SELVES!!!

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Hold up, bro. Check it out - your function usage did not switch from Ti to Te with magic. Test results can be skewed by a variety of factors. For example, I've gotten ENTP enough times now that I could freak out about it (if I didn't already know myself so well) but it's completely implausible. However, the fact that I use a buttload of Te explains everything.

I started noticing that about myself...I almost always test ENFP or INFP, and my "P-ness" is usually quite high...on any test that was giving me INFJ I think the J score was borderline, and could be skewed (again) by heavy handed Te usage, not Fe.

I am so not Fe, and I have so little Ti that it's almost comical.

You should really look into your functions, but for what it's worth you sound a lot like you're an ENTP over-doing Fe at the moment.

Well the Fe part is understandable - personal shit

I'm not so much convinced by the J/P 50/50 than my own behaviour for the past little while

Interesting observations though...thanks

This tells me I really need to go on a vacation and soon

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
That test sucked, don't worry about it.

well thats crazy nice of you to say

THAT TEST HELPED US FIND OUR TRUE SELVES!!!

hey you...SHUSH.

But its final, I've freakin lost it. Come end of this month, I'm going on a vacation to the middle of nowhere with no phones but pools of booze

also...let me see if i can get the caps off this thread title. its annoying me now

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been an NT all along. Excuse me, I have some people to go feel superior to.

I'm right here!! I'm an SJ. look no further. Feel superior to me baby!! And I'll do your taxes while I'm at it!

A

Anew Leaf

Maybe you are just growing up :). (probably a worse insult to an ENTP than telling them they are an ENTJ;))

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think it's really funny that you got emotionally stable ENTJ and SCOEI because your post seems pretty limbic to me. ;)

you sound like a stressed out ENP. we can go J when things get rough. and we are generally pretty messed up when we do.

my "P-ness" is usually quite high
:blushing:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That test is obviously wrong.

Emotional stability that high? :devil:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lets see - I worry WAAY more. I'm a lot more organized. I used to have a certain way with words that I haven't been able to use lately (in the past year). I get stressed about things I wouldn`t usually care about. I`ve thought of myself as a control freak atleast 10 times this year. I feel inappropriate making certain jokes (like that was ever a problem with me). I understand calculus a lot better now. I`m a lot less of an idealist and a lot more determined (practically). I use fuck a lot less. I`m a LOT less patient.

None of this necessarily indicates ENTJ or contradicts ENTP. And engineering doesn't magically turn one type into another. If you are another type, there should at least be some indication of that type prior to the working years.

^ This :yes:

I've been an NT all along. Excuse me, I have some people to go feel superior to.

I'm right here!! I'm an SJ. look no further. Feel superior to me baby!! And I'll do your taxes while I'm at it!

:rofl1:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe you are just growing up :). (probably a worse insult to an ENTP than telling them they are an ENTJ;))

yes :)

----

I know the feeling to the last word said in the op. For me the difference is, I actually never scored entp on tests but always entj. When I came here, I typed myself entj; my nickname having entp in its letters actually was by accident, I went by that nickname since I learnt about it in 2nd year thermodynamics classes at University and its one of only 3 nicknames I ever had so far. People tho told me I am entp when I came here and so I am.

If you are growing up now and having a moment, the most important lesson to learn now is that you can become and are everything you want to be. Just because mbti says you suck at Te this doesnt mean you cant organize. How well your abilities are working always has to be seen in the largest context possible, they are dependant from your environment, the job you are working in, the backup you receive from colleagues, they are even dependant on the color match of clothes you have choosen in the morning. Becoming an adult means to learn self-determination. If that tho at the same time means you are becoming a J, I doubt that. Despite all my adultry and despite that I am already an uncle and am trusted with watching over kids, I am still more naive, sceptic and ever-questioning than your atypical J.

I have an entj work colleague, I tend to dislike, cause he never convinces himself about the truth of a new fact. He always wants to be convinced. That's taxing and lets him appear dumb often in my eyes, cause to me its up to me to take in all the necessary information and then decide upon nothing but accept the fact that a different opinion exists.

I tell you, no matter what you think; you can never become adult enough to ever feel like a J :)