• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] reverse class discrimination

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a parasite through and through, but one day I will have my food source cut off and force to make it on my own.

I don't actually believe college students are parasites...but following the logic that (unsuprisingly) unemployed college students often present as followers of Ayn Rand...how do they not see themselves as parasites?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
There are quite a few people right here on this forum who firmly believe that anyone who is rich is also, by definition, evil.

Too true my dear man.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't actually believe college students are parasites...but following the logic that (unsuprisingly) unemployed college students often present as followers of Ayn Rand...how do they not see themselves as parasites?

I don't folow ayn rand though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, like, as a college student who has never worked you qualify as "parasite", right?

I have had 3 jobs actually :yes:
that is beside the point here. I'm speaking of a life philosophy that is parasitic, the belief that those better off than themselves are supposed to serve them and that they are entitled to benefits they have not worked for. this philosophy and those who abide by it disgust me.
PS: playing the age card every time you have a disagreement with me is just not very classy :dont:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if we're doing this topic now. Some people in the world don't have the financial, educational, and career opportunities that we have, either. I think they do deserve a little break. I think it's only a very small percentage of people who are actually just lazy asses who leech of society with no rhyme or reason. If that's what you mean by "parasite" then, :shrug:. Okay. But then we also need to point out the fact that people who are rich and successful but make their money dishonestly and fraudulently are also parasites. And when we say that, we can just admit that there are bad people out there in every walk of life. And that's just obvious.

(This is very VERY hilarious when you read it in the voice of Cleveland Brown)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have had 3 jobs actually :yes:
that is beside the point here. I'm speaking of a life philosophy that is parasitic, the belief that those better off than themselves are supposed to serve them and that they are entitled to benefits they have not worked for. this philosophy and those who abide by it disgust me.
PS: playing the age card every time you have a disagreement with me is just not very classy :dont:

Classy? I'm not into class, so you'll never be made happy on that point.

And what shortnsweet said is absolutely true...you can't hold people accountable for things beyond their control, the actual "lazy asses" are a relatively small portion of population...which can include the rich as easily as the poor...but in the case of the rich, those with inherited or won wealth (i.e. not worked for) believing that other people only exist to serve them is pretty much the same fucking thing, my man.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, if we're doing this topic now. Some people in the world don't have the financial, educational, and career opportunities that we have, either. I think they do deserve a little break. I think it's only a very small percentage of people who are actually just lazy asses who leech of society with no rhyme or reason.

I never said giving people a hand when they're down was a bad thing. I'm saying that if those people were to demand "give me your money because I'm poor and you're not and I deserve it" that this mentality is evil and parasitic. being poor does not equate evil in this instance, entitlement does. when you look at the vast sums of money most rich people give to various organizations, it should be evident that most are more than willing to help those less fortunate as long as they're willing to work and learn to be more productive.

Edit: to give a different example, I also view spoiled children from wealthy families as parasitic if they feel entitled to the best of the world simply because they were born into wealth. however, I support anyone who is trying their best to become successful by their own means.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I never said giving people a hand when they're down was a bad thing. I'm saying that if those people were to demand "give me your money because I'm poor and you're not and I deserve it" that this mentality is evil and parasitic. being poor does not equate evil in this instance, entitlement does.

But those born with wealth also frequently feel "entitled."

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I never said giving people a hand when they're down was a bad thing. I'm saying that if those people were to demand "give me your money because I'm poor and you're not and I deserve it" that this mentality is evil and parasitic. being poor does not equate evil in this instance, entitlement does.

If someone robs you for your wallet, that's not evil. EVIL is killing your whole family, then taking your wallet.

I've know several people who were born into money. All have a sense of entitlement and/or superiority. This is a form of social darwinism and it implies things that are more deleterious than theft, imo.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
a wonderful speech from the Fountainhead

I do not mean to say that those of blue collar livelihood are "parasites" but I do mean do say that those who latch on to successful individuals and try to steal from them, bring them down and feel entitled to the fruits of their labor are parasites. such behavior can only be akin to monkeys as shown in the following experiment.

http://jaysmith.us/post/Pavlove28099s-Monkeys-Understanding-the-Status-Quo.aspx
So what makes you think that this parasitic subtype is unique to blue collar workers, or even more prevalent in that group of people? If anything blue collar mentality leans towards pulling yourself up by your bootstraps kinda thing.

I think the "welfare mentality" (at least in the extreme stereotype) cannot be classed as white collar or blue collar, since each is defined by the type of job held. Parasite = no job = not blue collar or white collar.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never said giving people a hand when they're down was a bad thing. I'm saying that if those people were to demand "give me your money because I'm poor and you're not and I deserve it" that this mentality is evil and parasitic. being poor does not equate evil in this instance, entitlement does. when you look at the vast sums of money most rich people give to various organizations, it should be evident that most are more than willing to help those less fortunate as long as they're willing to work and learn to be more productive.

Edit: to give a different example, I also view spoiled children from wealthy families as parasitic if they feel entitled to the best of the world simply because they were born into wealth. however, I support anyone who is trying their best to become successful by their own means.

There we go :).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what makes you think that this parasitic subtype is unique to blue collar workers, or even more prevalent in that group of people? If anything blue collar mentality leans towards pulling yourself up by your bootstraps kinda thing.

I think the "welfare mentality" (at least in the extreme stereotype) cannot be classed as white collar or blue collar, since by definition both are categorized by the type of job held. Parasite = no job = not blue collar or white collar.

please read my last few posts again, I never said that all or even the majority of blue collar workers are parasitic and gave an example of parasitic people from white collar backgrounds

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you don't think being parasitic is related to being blue collar or white collar, how are you even remotely on topic? We're talking about blue collar and white collar and class discrimination here, so why would you bring up parasitic people if you don't think it's related to class? (note: not a rhetorical question)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I think the "welfare mentality" (at least in the extreme stereotype) cannot be classed as white collar or blue collar, since each is defined by the type of job held. Parasite = no job = not blue collar or white collar.

I agree. There are plenty of people who were born into wealthy or upper-middle class families who act pretty "parasitic" if we are to go by Elfboy's definition...and on the other hand there are people like my grandfather who was born in a log cabin in the mountains in a small town in WV in the late 1920's, dropped out of high school to illegally join the Navy at 16 (WWII was on) and after spending about twenty years doing that, became some kind of civil engineer...which means he still did really hard blue collar work because he often had cuts on his hands and came home muddy, they were always working on roads and bridges. I swear I thought we were middle class until I got older because we lived in a nice three bedroom house on an acre of property, had a huge vegetable garden, our own grape trellis, and I was educated at home before I even began school. Although my grandfather's work was technically blue collar he made quite a bit of money for West Virginia in the 1980's, it went far enough to make our lives seem middle class, for sure. And I'm aware of how "priveleged" I am to have even had that. Very aware.

My grandfather worked for it all.

O

Oberon

There's classes and classes... Blue-collar and white-collar are classes. Employed and unemployed are classes. Even tigers are a class. Elf's discussion may be relevent on the basis of figuring out how exactly to define your classes.

Myself, I prefer leopards to tigers. They're almost as pretty, and they don't eat nearly so much.