First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SRT View Post
    This is how I interpreted the OP. It seems like he's searching for us to say that his (ex)friend is jealous, but doesn't want to admit to it, so he is taking it out on the OP by attacking his profession. which is not completely unwarranted. I don't know, maybe we're projecting too much.

My parents (mostly my dad) seem to have a similar view towards anything deemed "academic", i.e. theory is all well and good, but in the real world it doesn't have much value. Also that professors are out of step with normal people.
    Yea, maybe we are. In my own situation, I've found that the dynamics between myself and my friend have been very interesting after high school. No bad will against each other at all, just very different. We have developed such different views of things. I've always wondered if she was either jealous, or thought I was a bad person, or just didn't like to talk about it. But of course, if I walk around thinking that, (even without saying it), she's likely to feel funny around me anyway. Either way, there's always this elephant in the room. I always wondered what she thought, and at times have had the exact same mindset as the OP. (From what I glean that the OP may be trying to say.) This is why it's such an interesting topic to me.

It's funny because when we were in highschool, I talked about it a lot. "I do not want to be poor anymore. I won't marry a poor man because I don't feel comfortable in this setting, I hate it. I've served my duty and I want to pull out of it. I want to be able to make a free and comfortable life for myself. I'm getting out of here, I'm not doing this." Etc. etc. She understood, but never really seemed to feel that way herself. Now that it's a little bit more of a reality, we don't talk about it anymore.

Edit: It's even more interesting since I came from a place where there were a lot of people who seemed to be that way. (Many other friends too, but specifically her since we were so close.)

Double edit: It's really hard to present this topic without sounding like a total snob..
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    So, capitalism?

How does that involve economic philosophy? How do you define success?

All collectivism is parasitic? Better throw the family out the window then. Those damned children leeching off their parents.

So it's parasitic to live for giving to others. Right. That makes perfect sense. :rolleyes2:
    underlined: if one is expecting others to conform to a collective set of beliefs and behaviors, definitely yes
    bold: living life for giving to others, not necessarily. expecting others to live life for others, absolutely
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    underlined: if one is expecting others to conform to a collective set of beliefs and behaviors, definitely yes
    bold: living life for giving to others, not necessarily. expecting others to live life for others, absolutely
    First of all, I guess we better all stop speaking English. That's dangerous collective behavior, and expecting people to speak English when talking to me while in the English-speaking world is parasitic. Better to make up our own languages.

What about expecting people to act for mutual benefit?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yea, maybe we are. In my own situation, I've found that the dynamics between myself and my friend have been very interesting after high school. No bad will against each other at all, just very different. We have developed such different views of things. I've always wondered if she was either jealous, or thought I was a bad person, or just didn't like to talk about it. But of course, if I walk around thinking that, (even without saying it), she's likely to feel funny around me anyway. Either way, there's always this elephant in the room. I always wondered what she thought, and at times have had the exact same mindset as the OP. (From what I glean that the OP may be trying to say.) This is why it's such an interesting topic to me.

(Many other friends too, but mostly her since we were so close.)
    That's sad.

Sorta like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Ultimately there's not much you can do about it without talking about it with her, and if she's not willing to, well...

Trying to relate to others, and figure out what they think about me, are pretty much the only reasons I'm interested in Psychology. A bit self-centered, but whatever.

My advice to the OP: Haters gonna hate. There isn't much anyone can do about that

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

Double edit: It's really hard to present this topic without sounding like a total snob..
    I agree with that. Alot of this bickering just seems completely pointless

MBTI
    ----

poor people smell like cabbage.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

this thread is making me dizzy..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I swear I thought we were middle class until I got older because we lived in a nice three bedroom house on an acre of property, had a huge vegetable garden, our own grape trellis, and I was educated at home before I even began school.
    Wait, are you saying that blue-collar workers can't be middle-class, your family was living beyond its means, or that a three-bedroom house on an acre of land is very very cheap in West Virginia?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    this thread is making me dizzy..
    I was hoping that we could go around a few more times, establishing that none of us are prejudice against poor people, or blue collar workers, or white collar workers, or rich people, or middle class people. Giving examples about how each can be good and bad in their own unique ways. We can keep giving examples until we have all of our bases covered. We need to reiterate on a page by page basis. We like people that work hard and are non judgmental of others. We don't like people who impose their beliefs or are dishonest. Again, someone must reiterate on each and every page, or we need to start over again at square one. And, if the plan goes right, then somewhere on page 20, we will go back to the OP, reevaluate, and possibly answer the question.

If you can't handle this intense and important discussion, than maybe you should go hang out in another thread for a while. Try "picture time", or "word association" while you are absorbing everything. Come back when you can help us reach our goals.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I was hoping that we could go around a few more times, establishing that none of us are prejudice against poor people, or blue collar workers, or white collar workers, or rich people, or middle class people. Giving examples about how each can be good and bad in their own unique ways. We can keep giving examples until we have all of our bases covered. We need to reiterate on a page by page basis. We like people that work hard and are non judgmental of others. We don't like people who impose their beliefs or are dishonest. Again, someone must reiterate on each and every page, or we need to start over again at square one. And, if the plan goes right, then somewhere on page 20, we will go back to the OP, reevaluate, and possibly answer the question.

If you can't handle this intense and important discussion, than maybe you should go hang out in another thread for a while. Try "picture time", or "word association" while you are absorbing everything. Come back when you can help us reach our goals.

PS: did you like your theme song?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire