Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I never said giving people a hand when they're down was a bad thing. I'm saying that if those people were to demand "give me your money because I'm poor and you're not and I deserve it" that this mentality is evil and parasitic. being poor does not equate evil in this instance, entitlement does.
    But those born with wealth also frequently feel "entitled."

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I never said giving people a hand when they're down was a bad thing. I'm saying that if those people were to demand "give me your money because I'm poor and you're not and I deserve it" that this mentality is evil and parasitic. being poor does not equate evil in this instance, entitlement does.
    If someone robs you for your wallet, that's not evil. EVIL is killing your whole family, then taking your wallet.

I've know several people who were born into money. All have a sense of entitlement and/or superiority. This is a form of social darwinism and it implies things that are more deleterious than theft, imo.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    But those born with wealth also frequently feel "entitled."
    I edited my last post and addressed that very matter
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

a wonderful speech from the Fountainhead

I do not mean to say that those of blue collar livelihood are "parasites" but I do mean do say that those who latch on to successful individuals and try to steal from them, bring them down and feel entitled to the fruits of their labor are parasites. such behavior can only be akin to monkeys as shown in the following experiment.

http://jaysmith.us/post/Pavlove28099...tatus-Quo.aspx
    So what makes you think that this parasitic subtype is unique to blue collar workers, or even more prevalent in that group of people? If anything blue collar mentality leans towards pulling yourself up by your bootstraps kinda thing.

I think the "welfare mentality" (at least in the extreme stereotype) cannot be classed as white collar or blue collar, since each is defined by the type of job held. Parasite = no job = not blue collar or white collar.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I never said giving people a hand when they're down was a bad thing. I'm saying that if those people were to demand "give me your money because I'm poor and you're not and I deserve it" that this mentality is evil and parasitic. being poor does not equate evil in this instance, entitlement does. when you look at the vast sums of money most rich people give to various organizations, it should be evident that most are more than willing to help those less fortunate as long as they're willing to work and learn to be more productive.

Edit: to give a different example, I also view spoiled children from wealthy families as parasitic if they feel entitled to the best of the world simply because they were born into wealth. however, I support anyone who is trying their best to become successful by their own means.
    There we go .
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    The book you recommended looks very interesting! I'm looking at a review of it right now.
    It applies to this thread, I think at least though I only read an excpert for a class.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    So what makes you think that this parasitic subtype is unique to blue collar workers, or even more prevalent in that group of people? If anything blue collar mentality leans towards pulling yourself up by your bootstraps kinda thing.

I think the "welfare mentality" (at least in the extreme stereotype) cannot be classed as white collar or blue collar, since by definition both are categorized by the type of job held. Parasite = no job = not blue collar or white collar.
    please read my last few posts again, I never said that all or even the majority of blue collar workers are parasitic and gave an example of parasitic people from white collar backgrounds
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If you don't think being parasitic is related to being blue collar or white collar, how are you even remotely on topic? We're talking about blue collar and white collar and class discrimination here, so why would you bring up parasitic people if you don't think it's related to class? (note: not a rhetorical question)
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post

I think the "welfare mentality" (at least in the extreme stereotype) cannot be classed as white collar or blue collar, since each is defined by the type of job held. Parasite = no job = not blue collar or white collar.
    I agree. There are plenty of people who were born into wealthy or upper-middle class families who act pretty "parasitic" if we are to go by Elfboy's definition...and on the other hand there are people like my grandfather who was born in a log cabin in the mountains in a small town in WV in the late 1920's, dropped out of high school to illegally join the Navy at 16 (WWII was on) and after spending about twenty years doing that, became some kind of civil engineer...which means he still did really hard blue collar work because he often had cuts on his hands and came home muddy, they were always working on roads and bridges. I swear I thought we were middle class until I got older because we lived in a nice three bedroom house on an acre of property, had a huge vegetable garden, our own grape trellis, and I was educated at home before I even began school. Although my grandfather's work was technically blue collar he made quite a bit of money for West Virginia in the 1980's, it went far enough to make our lives seem middle class, for sure. And I'm aware of how "priveleged" I am to have even had that. Very aware.

My grandfather worked for it all.

Oberon

There's classes and classes... Blue-collar and white-collar are classes. Employed and unemployed are classes. Even tigers are a class. Elf's discussion may be relevent on the basis of figuring out how exactly to define your classes.

Myself, I prefer leopards to tigers. They're almost as pretty, and they don't eat nearly so much.