• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do you know you are stressed?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
How does stress manifest in you? Anxiousness? drink? overeat? bite your nails? grind your teeth?

How do you deal with it? meditate? deep breathing? run? What you wish life was like?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I'm stressed, my muscles tend to tense up and I don't think as quickly or as clearly.

I deal with stress by getting enough rest, deep breathing, healthy eating, and exercise.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How does stress manifest in you? Anxiousness? drink? overeat? bite your nails? grind your teeth?

How do you deal with it? meditate? deep breathing? run? What you wish life was like?

It manifests in a lot of ways with me. Mostly I just get tired and neglect my physical needs. Perhaps a little withdrawn. Perhaps a little whiny. (By perhaps a little whiny, I mean definitely a lot whiny.)

The best thing I can do is to restore my physical nutrition, sleep, and exercise needs and maintain a normal routine, and actually minimizing social contact helps too because I tend to neglect duties and to try to escape, I start to overly socialize and mess up my body by drinking and smoking. I have to try to balance everything out more in a stressful state.

G

Glycerine

When people annoy to me to end, feel like I want to punch people out/chew people out, become overly critical, become emotionally involved (typically I am fairly detached), talk excessively, , curse a lot, body gets tense, get anxious, get extra bossy, very avoidant. ENFJ on steroids, pretty much.

I go into my own little world, detach/zone out, sleep, eat less, avoid people or do a fun activity with a random person, engage my senses

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Stress by stuff I have to get done for example often makes me hot tempered (if that is the right word), kinda in contrast to my rather calm nature, and I get more easily irritable. It can also make me temporarily more energic though, so that I get more stuff done.

Stress as in, being drained when around people and not enjoying it too much, makes me on the other hand tired and without energy.

Don't know how to describe it better. What is common though when I have stress in all situations is that I neglect eating more and want to be left alone usually.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Interesting. I think deadlines stress me out. I tend to overeat. Although, now that I have recognized that as a symptom, its a lot better now.

What shortandsweet said about physical activity...I found out that I need to be going to the gym (or atleast running) regularly to keep a free and unstressed mind.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I go crazy. And it's so hard not to notice it :laugh:

T

ThatGirl

I get quiet.....its weird. More confused, less intolerant.

The less stressed I am the louder and more bold/offensive I tend to become.

Which is why people tend to like me more when I am in a bad stage of life, and less when I am actually happy....

Now THAT fucks with the mind.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It depends...if I'm overwhelmingly stressed I tend to just get really sleepy and pass out, or have a mental breakdown, then pass out. That has happened three times this week.

I am really stressed right now, and I basically just get really depressed and re-assess what I'm doing with my life, and what I really want out of it, and then I realize I want nothing out of life and I'm apathetic about everything, and it just goes down a terrible spiral of terrible thoughts.

If I'm just stressed, then I'm usually at my best, I would think. I'm happy and outgoing, but also I'm more attentive to get stuff done.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i know that im stressed when i feel stress. i try to get rid of it by doing whats needed to the source of stress, to make it less stressful, like just trying to make the source of stress less important to me, or if there is nothing i can do to it, i try to concentrate on other things

N

NPcomplete

When I become extremely irritable, nit-pick on things, panic for nothing and think of the gloomiest scenarios possible. Also, when I get immersed in novels instead of doing what I should be doing or when I start baking or clean my room. Around exam time, my room is impeccable. :p

When I'm really really stressed, I "channel" the Doctor. I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but for presentations and other school stuff involving talking to non-friends, it makes me feel awesome.

gromit

likes this
When I’m stressed, I feel overwhelmed. Very, very rarely I will flip out on you if you are causing me too much stress and not letting me have time to myself, keep pushing an issue when I’m already overwhelmed.

Anyway, to remediate, I sleep or exercise or go for a walk or organize/clean my physical environment, make nutritious food for myself, or just make something fun, like a painting/drawing.

Cancel plans is also a good de-stressor to me. :cheese:

rav3n

When seriously stressed, eating becomes an annoying interruption. As it stands, I tend to forget to eat during the day. My patience level drops to below zero, which if you knew me in real life, I'm already very impatient.

The more stressed, the longer and harder my work out sessions. It really helps.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get quiet.....its weird. More confused, less intolerant.

The less stressed I am the louder and more bold/offensive I tend to become.

Which is why people tend to like me more when I am in a bad stage of life, and less when I am actually happy....

Now THAT fucks with the mind.

I'm the same way. When I lack sleep and am stressed out, I become a little meeker and more accomodating to others. Perhaps it's a subconscious attempt at garnering cooperation from others in order to help solve the problem? Or maybe it's a countermeasure so we don't give ourselves a heart attack.

THAT SAID. When I'm hungry, it's a verrrrry different story. I will bitchslap out the way ANYONE who stands between my empty stomach and a slice of pizza.

Oh yes. And if I'm merely in a hurry, I get testy. Today I was running late, and some bovine with equally fat calves (in both meanings) was standing in my way. I kind of abruptly asked her to "Move please", and only after did I realize that that was pretty rude. :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I either feel irritable, nervous, and angry...in which case I need to take a walk, or do something totally unstructured and freeing....or sometimes I feel really vulnerable/overwhelmed like I want to hide in a quiet place and for people to leave me alone.

I can be needy and emotional too, but I'm not sure that's the same thing as being stressed. That's something else.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh yes. And if I'm merely in a hurry, I get testy. Today I was running late, and some bovine with equally fat calves (in both meanings) was standing in my way. I kind of abruptly asked her to "Move please", and only after did I realize that that was pretty rude. :laugh:

I will push past people, like just dodge them and kind of slip past them, and sometimes I'll say "excuse me" in a clipped voice that sounds more offended than polite. Usually I just end up looking like an oblivious weirdo if I'm pushing past them, I guess. I'm totally fine with that.

I've never had a problem telling strangers to leave me alone or get out of my way.*

*I should explain here that I'm usually pleasant and polite and when I say I have no problem telling people to leave me alone, I mean people who are really bothering me or being creepy or invasive, and when I say I have no trouble telling them to get out of my way, I mean under stressful circumstances, and in a very efficient Te kind of manner. I have VERY firm boundaries. It's one of the reasons why I know I couldn't possibly have Fe. I actually volunteer to tell other people to fuck off for my friends. I'm like "oh hey, you're afraid of confrontation? Allow me!" And I handle it.

A

Anew Leaf

My INFP stress goes two ways:

NF meltdown stress:
I cry easily
I am angry easily
I have zero patience or tolerance
I actually have fights with people close to me
I get very sarcastic and go for the jugular in arguments

I stress:
I go into hermit mode and ignore phone calls, emails, texts, everyone.
I feel sad and lonely and I hide in my house