• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTP's and drug (ab)use

PH.

MBTI Type
INTP
What I mean is, I tend to find drugs pointless and limiting rather than an interesting, new way of viewing the world. I'm in a much better position to do such a thing when I'm sober.

That was also my conclusion. At first I thought they were eye-opening and such, but when I've used something I'd only find myself not being able to do the things I want to be able to. I think it's horrible being stuck like that in yourself.

Hahaha, jep, Tim'd be a textbook INTP stoner. I like his calm wittiness.

Unique

That was also my conclusion. At first I thought they were eye-opening and such, but when I've used something I'd only find myself not being able to do the things I want to be able to. I think it's horrible being stuck like that in yourself.

Hahaha, jep, Tim'd be a textbook INTP stoner. I like his calm wittiness.

This is because you are trying the wrong drugs and so is the person you are quoting

I believe most people are unimpressed by drugs as they use pot and alcohol and think thats what they are about

Both of those substances inhibit things and despite popular belief, pot is a depressant

I dare you to call magic mushrooms or LSD "limiting", they will show you there are no limits to the human mind

To say drugs aren't eye opening and you are better sober is actually an arrogant statement, these are very powerful mind altering substances

To answer the OP

I don't consider myself to be more prone to drug abuse as an NT and doubt I'll ever end up abusing something

PH.

MBTI Type
INTP
I meant limited in normal life. Washing the dishes, paying your bills... Drugs are eye-opening yes, but once I try to do normal life stuff, I feel limited. What's so "eye opening" about something when you cannot apply it to the rest of your life?

I also stated earlier that I was not at all into hallucinogens and that I would never touch that stuff, so it's more than logical that I wasn't referring to that type of drugs, since it isn't even in my frame of reference.

Both pot and alcohol are downers, but I'm not really sure what your point was. I like uppers more though.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lets see, most INTPs I know drink, and many smoke marijuana.

I think I also read something somewhere that INTPs led all types as the most likely to run afoul of drug and alcohol regulations in college.

ahem. Most likely to get caught...

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I dare you to call magic mushrooms or LSD "limiting", they will show you there are no limits to the human mind

To say drugs aren't eye opening and you are better sober is actually an arrogant statement, these are very powerful mind altering substances

I'm not denying that some are very powerful mind-altering substances. I'm not denying that they can "expand your consciousness." But I do stand by what I said in that I find them limiting. They only provide you with the experience inside the realm of taking the drug. It's like what PH said, what's so eye opening about something you cannot apply to the rest of your life?

And it's not really that arrogant to say I feel like I'm better off sober. I enjoy the way my brain seems to be hardwired to view the world. I'm not really expecting you to "get it." You aren't me. And I'm not trying to invalidate your way of life. But, for me, I'd rather work on expanding my consciousness while sober (I feel like it has more real-world applications) than with drugs. It's a personal preference...like how I take my tea.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I've probably done more types of drugs than most people on this forum could name. But the only two things I've taken as a means of escapism are alcohol and weed. And only when I felt really shitty and couldn't really deal with my problems logically, like after a breakup and stuff like that.

xisnotx

Permabanned
That's the thing though...the lessons you learn under the influence can be utilized in everyday real life..

Do you think you are more social because the alcohol makes you more social? do you think you don't have the ability to be that social regardless of how much alcohol you consume? the alcohol has very little to do with how social you are....it's just a catalyst...a tool...which at the end of the day...isn't necessary...it's all in your mind...and that's all that matters.

I would say it's only logical to travel the depths of illogic...for if you don't..how will you ever know what you know as logic is in actuality logic? <-This has nothing to do with drugs either...but life in general...

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
From 13-18, I smoked, drank often, and tried every drug known to man except heroin though I did not do any drug often other than marijuana. I have a VERY addictive personality, and it is only by the grace of God that I did not become addicted to more than cigarettes. I stopped marijuana after I got saved. I still smoked though and developed a caffeine addiction as well. But, I have no addictions now, God delivered me from my smoking and caffeine addictions about a year and a half ago.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I drank a lot from 15 to 17, me and my class mates would get wasted sooooo bad, it was so fun. We'd go drink at some guy at night...laughing at whatever we can think of, go home, sleep 3 hours, and then go to school and laugh like idiots all day long. Alcohol combined with insomnia results in somewhat weird behavior.

And then I had a surgery and got really depressed for years ...I'm sure alcohol was a catalyst.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
There's usually more to it than boredom and curiosity.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Drugs are for people who can't handle reality.

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Now can't we all just get along?

Alcohol is a drug. So no cheating. Who is drug free?

A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function .

World Health Organization. (1969). WHO Expert Committee on Drug Dependence. Sixteenth report. (Technical report series. No. 407).Geneva:World Health Organization.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I have never done drugs or smoked anything, I have a drink seldom, maybe 3 times a year. So strictly speaking, is that drug free? No?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have never done drugs or smoked anything, I have a drink seldom, maybe 3 times a year. So strictly speaking, is that drug free? No?
What matters, is that I wont judge you either way.

A

A window to the soul

I'm not judging anyone. Doesn't mean I'm not laughing at you. Tis like when a friend at a party handed me his tiny little cig-joint and I didn't realize that's what it was til...

me: "oh thanks, what's this?" quickly followed by, "ouch!!!"

-throws it on carpet, steps on it, twists foot-

me: "what was that? It bit me!"
friend: "it's a roach"
me: "what's a roach?"
friend: "joint, blah, blah, blah"
me: "mkay Einstein" -laughs- "...you got the wrong loser."
-tunes friend out, continues conversation across the room-

It's really that easy to say "no".

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
You can dress a judgment in all sorts of pretty clothing and give it another name , but that doesn't change what it really is.

Anyway, I was not speaking to anyone about judging (except myself) and most certainly not you in particular!
*Bows *

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I can see why people can involved with drugs etc. At times it would have been nice to check out or whatever but a couple of things stopped me, not wanting to alter my brain and not wanting to be physically vulnerable. I knew a lot of women that had BAD things happen while they were stoned or drunk.