User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    What I mean is, I tend to find drugs pointless and limiting rather than an interesting, new way of viewing the world. I'm in a much better position to do such a thing when I'm sober.
    That was also my conclusion. At first I thought they were eye-opening and such, but when I've used something I'd only find myself not being able to do the things I want to be able to. I think it's horrible being stuck like that in yourself.

Hahaha, jep, Tim'd be a textbook INTP stoner. I like his calm wittiness.

Quote Originally Posted by PH. View Post
    That was also my conclusion. At first I thought they were eye-opening and such, but when I've used something I'd only find myself not being able to do the things I want to be able to. I think it's horrible being stuck like that in yourself.

Hahaha, jep, Tim'd be a textbook INTP stoner. I like his calm wittiness.
    This is because you are trying the wrong drugs and so is the person you are quoting

I believe most people are unimpressed by drugs as they use pot and alcohol and think thats what they are about

Both of those substances inhibit things and despite popular belief, pot is a depressant

I dare you to call magic mushrooms or LSD "limiting", they will show you there are no limits to the human mind

To say drugs aren't eye opening and you are better sober is actually an arrogant statement, these are very powerful mind altering substances

To answer the OP

I don't consider myself to be more prone to drug abuse as an NT and doubt I'll ever end up abusing something

I meant limited in normal life. Washing the dishes, paying your bills... Drugs are eye-opening yes, but once I try to do normal life stuff, I feel limited. What's so "eye opening" about something when you cannot apply it to the rest of your life?

I also stated earlier that I was not at all into hallucinogens and that I would never touch that stuff, so it's more than logical that I wasn't referring to that type of drugs, since it isn't even in my frame of reference.

Both pot and alcohol are downers, but I'm not really sure what your point was. I like uppers more though.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Lets see, most INTPs I know drink, and many smoke marijuana.

I think I also read something somewhere that INTPs led all types as the most likely to run afoul of drug and alcohol regulations in college.
    ahem. Most likely to get caught...
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I dare you to call magic mushrooms or LSD "limiting", they will show you there are no limits to the human mind

To say drugs aren't eye opening and you are better sober is actually an arrogant statement, these are very powerful mind altering substances
    I'm not denying that some are very powerful mind-altering substances. I'm not denying that they can "expand your consciousness." But I do stand by what I said in that I find them limiting. They only provide you with the experience inside the realm of taking the drug. It's like what PH said, what's so eye opening about something you cannot apply to the rest of your life?

And it's not really that arrogant to say I feel like I'm better off sober. I enjoy the way my brain seems to be hardwired to view the world. I'm not really expecting you to "get it." You aren't me. And I'm not trying to invalidate your way of life. But, for me, I'd rather work on expanding my consciousness while sober (I feel like it has more real-world applications) than with drugs. It's a personal preference...like how I take my tea.

MBTI
    SEXY

I've probably done more types of drugs than most people on this forum could name. But the only two things I've taken as a means of escapism are alcohol and weed. And only when I felt really shitty and couldn't really deal with my problems logically, like after a breakup and stuff like that.
    (removed)

Permabanned

That's the thing though...the lessons you learn under the influence can be utilized in everyday real life..

Do you think you are more social because the alcohol makes you more social? do you think you don't have the ability to be that social regardless of how much alcohol you consume? the alcohol has very little to do with how social you are....it's just a catalyst...a tool...which at the end of the day...isn't necessary...it's all in your mind...and that's all that matters.

I would say it's only logical to travel the depths of illogic...for if you don't..how will you ever know what you know as logic is in actuality logic? <-This has nothing to do with drugs either...but life in general...

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

From 13-18, I smoked, drank often, and tried every drug known to man except heroin though I did not do any drug often other than marijuana. I have a VERY addictive personality, and it is only by the grace of God that I did not become addicted to more than cigarettes. I stopped marijuana after I got saved. I still smoked though and developed a caffeine addiction as well. But, I have no addictions now, God delivered me from my smoking and caffeine addictions about a year and a half ago.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutIt View Post
    From 13-18, I smoked, drank often, and tried every drug known to man except heroin though I did not do any drug often other than marijuana.
    Why?

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Boredom and curiosity.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.