User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

This is a really good question! I was wondering the same thing. My result switches between ENTJ and ENTP quite often.

MBTI
    INTP

Once you go NT you can never go back.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Hate View Post
    Is it possible for test results to change?
    Yes, but that doesn't mean your type changes.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm in the same predicament with INTx. I'm always thinking of possibilities and what could go wrong when an event is planned, always having various backup plans, and i'm usually concerned with doing everything quickly and efficiently. I alternate through periods of extreme organization and extreme disorganization although even when things are seemingly disorganized they are still in their "correct" place (i'll become angry if they're moved cause then i can't find them). I'm very open minded and really like to listen to other people's views and opinions (even if to me they're clearly delusional). I guess i like to see what factors influence their decisions. Also i don't much care for religion at all and it really bothers me to discuss such subjects as politics and religion with so many different variables to influence people's decisions. What type am i? I'm so confused...

MBTI
    ENTP

sure, my results change all the time. If I were to average it out I'd say I'm 70% ENTP, 20% ENTJ and 10% INTP. But sometimes I can take several tests in one week that all peg me as ENTJ.

In the end I think it's down to your own understanding of the functions and self-confirming your type by that.

As to whether your type can REALLY change, as opposed to just 'according to a certain test', I think it's wise to keep an open mind. Sometimes a person can have some kind of intense/amazing/traumatic experience or epiphany that might either suddenly or gradually change the way they think and behave at a fundamental level. I'd say in that case it's possible that their type has changed.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    NICE

I tested as INTP occassionally. I think the P side is *affected* when required, although it goes against the grain. I learned years ago that most plans or stategies will fail if you don't review frequently (ie "keep it open") - a P trait. The idea of disorder or chaos or "still to do" is horrible but I've learned to live with it. In a masochistic way I have come to enjoy it, even. I reckon some tests are too simplistic or don't make allowances for highly affected behaviour. Maybe no test can.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    thank god.

yes, you need to learn about the functions. there's no such thing as an INTx. (unless you somehow use Ni/Te exactly as much as Ti/Ne, which i doubt could happen)

Terms With Nonobvious Meanings

check out the function definitions there.
    Sorry guys....

But I'm making a call here and I think everyone has become like "born again believers" in things like the MBTI.

Believe it or not there are not absolutely specific groups of people. Tests like MBTI and whatever mealy attempt to bring some structured groupings of people will SIMILAR traits.

As JUNG and all the rest said, we could have thousands of groups.

Hence, for people to say that there is no such thing as INTX is like saying there is no intersex people, or anything else that sits on a bell curve in the world of traits & attributes.

When someone on this board shows some serious Neurological evidence that shows that there are 16 different brain configurations (and only 16) then I'll say that MBTI is the oracle of all knowledge and no such thing as INTX exists.

Gheeze... yet again, an INTJ has to step forward and tell it how it is.

And if someone argues against this, then I'll step up and knock it down with more evidence... Like, if MBTI was so accurate they wouldn't have such an error factor, if they could determine the groups accurately then they would have been able to get the questions right.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I hate to agree with INTJ's, but alas: good point
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INTP

Your first year in college you're what, 18? IIRC, the MBTI isn't statistically reliable until you're in your mid-twenties.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    Your first year in college you're what, 18? IIRC, the MBTI isn't statistically reliable until you're in your mid-twenties.
    ... and then the inevitable question is: what is not reliable, the test itself or the people taking the test, and why?
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas