User Tag List

First 23456 Last

ThatGirl

Thinking my son is in danger....I should also add I am an aggressive panic-er.

It's not pretty.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    It was totally clear. Is this detectable by other people or does it just make you pause for those seconds? I think I have experienced similar feeling but didn't define it as panic. Hmm.
    Do we INTP's ever show panic outward? I am not sure we are wired in a way that we are capable of doing that.

To others it may appear like a pause, or like we're drifting off in our minds, which happens all the time anyways. So no, it's not really detectable as panic.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

I don't panic, I just feel uncomfortable. And every time I don't have the graps of things, I feel that way. And then I try getting the grasp back again, and it's over.

MBTI
    entp

You know, some people say lack of panic, hence lack of care for self, is a sign of depression.

That said, I know what you mean. A good ENFP friend of mine accused me of the exact same thing once

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Crowds and love.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    You know, some people say lack of panic, hence lack of care for self, is a sign of depression.

That said, I know what you mean. A good ENFP friend of mine accused me of the exact same thing once
    I can see that.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

My father panics out of fear and out of control to instill fear and control.
    Haven't the foggiest. I become anxious, I haven't had panic attacks per say.
    I've seen people who have, its sometimes more to do with other people.

Hahaha unless I was asked to fall out of an airplane or go bungee jumping that would almost do it.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Spiders
    Expectations from others on things I suck at
    Getting on stage (ties in with expectations, which gives me stage fright)
    Not being able to get an oversight on a situation i cannot escape.

Mmm. I usually look easy going, but hit one of my panic buttons and I'll turn into that deer responding to those headlights before you know it. Spiders are the worst though. Serious fight or flight response there, and all reason goes out the window
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Yes, spiders.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    As an adult, I have been in several very dangerous situations- car wrecks, etc. and I have always felt something switch off in my head. I am unable to panic, I have no emotions, I just do what needs to be done. It is a very strange sensation. I have had the feeling of panic in my life but it has been in the context of losing a loved one or a non-life threatening scenario.
    Beyond adolescence, my experience has been similar. Two potentially lethal situations — nearly hit by a car and caught outside in a derecho — left me puzzled and surprised, really, but neither disoriented nor actually afraid.

In recent years, I've become even more focused in crises. Visiting my parents, once, I was with the two of them when a neighbor's cat skulked past the window and excited one of the three household cats to the point of blind aggression. Inevitably, the other two pets approached and became targets of the third in what was shaping up to be an ear-piercing, fur-flinging free-for-all in the family room. While my parents shouted and pleaded and waved their arms, I calmly moved up to the standoff and placed objects between the animals, then sternly dissuaded my father from later trying to "calm" one of the frazzled three by pulling him out from under a table.

Similarly to you, social situations — especially convention-driven interactions best accommodated by Fe — are what have unsettled me, especially when I was younger.