• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What role do you usually play in group?

What role are you usually in a meeting , group activity?

• Total voters

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
In a group meeting or organized activity, what do you usually play as?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The information provider.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Well, when I come in, I usually sit there, silently, for the first 30 minutes, listen to people/give their ideas, nod, and write down what they say; basically, just allowing them to voice their opinions and ideas.

Then I take over.

Nothing I hate more than an extroverted whore and a sweet talker during group meetings. The only thing that can redeem them is their actual work output.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I used to be the silent one in grade school, but I've gotten a lot better with that as an adult. Now I'm often the information giver, occasional critic (pointing out flaws or potential problems), and I can be the organizer and planner if no one else steps up to do it.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I am either the leader or the lone wolf, depending on how engaged I am.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
(Causally) I chose the mediator because I like harmony with the group. However I don't like group harmony so much that I will risk my individual harmony too much or too often. Thus either lazy mediator or other. Probably Tag-along would be a closer description.

In more formal group meetings (i.e. work/business related). I would say that I am either a brainstormer or instigator/rebel.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
If I know much about the topic, information provider. If not, I simply listen to the others and try to identify logical errors & point them out. In both cases, I additionally make lame jokes all the time.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If there is no other good leader, I usually am the leader in the end. (This is the case about 60 percent of the time.) If there is a good leader, I am the rule abider. I just do what I'm told. If there's a bad leader, I'm the silent one, I'd rather let the boat sink than try to push someone out of their spot. I'd rather not do anything at all rather than get caught up in the drama of having a bad leader. Usually when I'm in a leadership role in a group I let others share all their ideas with me and then come up with a fuzzy big picture. I then delegate a bunch of tasks (based on everyone's strengths) to be brought to and regathered by me. I give everyone a rough outline of what I think we should do. (With openness to ideas for changing the plan.) I then keep reorganizing and delegating tasks until the project looks good.

Only big complaints I've gotten is that people were nervous because they weren't sure what the whole project was going to look like in the end, or complaints about the time crunch. (Don't let a P lead then! It was your waiting around for a leader that brought a P to the position on the first place and got us in a time crunch! :D)

Edit: In work meetings. I am "The Sleeper".... "The Dunkin Donuts drinker" ... or "The Socializer" (Smiling and waving around at people or cracking the occasional joke in the middle of the meeting.) Meetings are so stupid though. Don't even get me started about meetings.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My role changes depending on the group.

- If the group is unstable, I'm the Stabilizer.
- If the group is rather straight-laced, I play Comic Relief (goofy or dry humor).
- If the group is stuck in a rut, I'm the Brainstormer/Catalyst.
- If the group is way too positive and/or uncritical, I'm a Boat-Rocker.
- If the group is too accommodating and thus vulnerable, I'm the Protector against any wolves that wander in.

And if all of these roles are filled and otherwise I don't serve a good purpose, I just vanish.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Information giver/challenger, usually.

It varies, like shortandsweet said, depending on whose in the group. I can turn into the silent one very quickly if I'm apathetic about what we're meeting about or there's no point in trying to get things moving the right direction because everyone I'm with is ignorant or stubborn.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The silent but crazy one ;)

with a bit of critic/challenger

edit: oh, as far as formal meetings go, I'm usually quiet too but sometimes I'll critique, challenge, or mediate things, and I'll take the lead if no one else is doing so (or if the project/subject of the meeting is about something awesome that I know about)

rav3n

Depends. Can't mix all these types of interactions together and are too lazy to define every single situation since it would take a novel to do so.

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am usually the silent one, but when I am in the mood, I can play the devil's advocate.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am very independant and have my own rythm, I am usually not very good in groups. If the group is intrested in me and activates me to talk, it doesnt take long and I will have made myself the center of attention and have all eyes on me. Therefore I usually try to stay cool and calm.

In work situations I am quick and like to utilize everyone around me and coordinate things. I am a quick learner what is possibly my greatest strength and does help me to get along with nearly every new task.

I am a bad leader tho, I take too long to decide and I cant remember very well. Maybe that will change with more experience.